City Inspector Blues are OVER! Clean Bill of Health!

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Post Reply
Jay in VA
Posts: 1917
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Raleigh, North Cakalacky

City Inspector Blues are OVER! Clean Bill of Health!

Post by Jay in VA »

Well some of you are aware I was dealing with a new city inspector in my area. Well after several months of debate, one trip to the zoning office, and numerous calls with the inspectors supervisor and lunch for the judge who happens to be a car nut. ;) I recieved a phone call giving me a clean bill of health. :D

I can finally put closure to this huge thorn in my side. As the judge put it "We are a strange breed that is most often mis-understood, except by those who actually understand." I have a new friend! Except he likes old Cadilliac's. :roll:
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 22376
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Contact:

Post by Shawn D. »

Very cool! Just how is it that you came to have lunch with the judge?
JoshInAtlanta
Posts: 4434
Joined: Apr 22, 2006
Location: Holly Springs, GA

Post by JoshInAtlanta »

Shawn D. wrote:Very cool! Just how is it that you came to have lunch with the judge?
+1 Do tell!
Jay in VA
Posts: 1917
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Raleigh, North Cakalacky

Post by Jay in VA »

Shawn D. wrote:Very cool! Just how is it that you came to have lunch with the judge?
The supervisor of the inspector gave me his number, she said he could advise me on what a ruling would be. He said he was hungry, so I said it's on me let's go and I'll meet you wherever you decide. The Azalea Gardens was the final meeting place. Lunch only cost me $28 to boot. ;)

He ended up being a good'ol boy type. 8)
JoshInAtlanta
Posts: 4434
Joined: Apr 22, 2006
Location: Holly Springs, GA

Post by JoshInAtlanta »

Jay in VA wrote:
Shawn D. wrote:Very cool! Just how is it that you came to have lunch with the judge?
The supervisor of the inspector gave me his number, she said he could advise me on what a ruling would be. He said he was hungry, so I said it's on me let's go and I'll meet you wherever you decide. The Azalea Gardens was the final meeting place. Lunch only cost me $28 to boot. ;)

He ended up being a good'ol boy type. 8)
Awesome. "He said he was hungry" means he knew he was getting free lunch!

As long as he's around, you've got a friend in a high place watching your back.
Jay in VA
Posts: 1917
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Raleigh, North Cakalacky

Post by Jay in VA »

JoshInAtlanta wrote:
Jay in VA wrote:
Shawn D. wrote:Very cool! Just how is it that you came to have lunch with the judge?
The supervisor of the inspector gave me his number, she said he could advise me on what a ruling would be. He said he was hungry, so I said it's on me let's go and I'll meet you wherever you decide. The Azalea Gardens was the final meeting place. Lunch only cost me $28 to boot. ;)

He ended up being a good'ol boy type. 8)
Awesome. "He said he was hungry" means he knew he was getting free lunch!

As long as he's around, you've got a friend in a high place watching your back.
That's right, but I think he is near retirement. Then I suppose I will have to start all over again. Or I am thinking of moving again soon to NC, or maybe near centeral or western VA. :D Basically anywhere away from the ocean, cost of living here is absurd to be near a beach I never go to. Someone else can have it!
Wiseguy
Posts: 2026
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Between 17K and Rt 52 but a lot closer to 52

Post by Wiseguy »

Dude, that's AWESOME! Great news bro!
Post Reply