Page 1 of 1

WTB: 1985 735I gauge cluster

Posted: Mar 08, 2016 1:12 AM
by danskifish
Thought I would check here too. Anyone have a gauge cluster for a 1985 E23 735I? Looking for one with a crack free lens.

Re: WTB: 1985 735I gauge cluster

Posted: Mar 08, 2016 9:53 AM
by Carol
Hello, if it is the same out of a 85 e24, i have one, the lens, or whole thing;

Carol

Re: WTB: 1985 735I gauge cluster

Posted: Mar 08, 2016 1:59 PM
by danskifish
The cluster are different unfortunately. Thanks for the reply.
E23 cluster
Image

E24 cluster
Image

Re: WTB: 1985 735I gauge cluster

Posted: Mar 08, 2016 3:50 PM
by wkohler
The clusters are the same. The bezel is all that's different. The whole back half of the cluster with the gauges is different.

I have a few, so what do you need? In other words, what is wrong with yours?

Re: WTB: 1985 735I gauge cluster

Posted: Mar 08, 2016 10:07 PM
by danskifish
I needed the housing, the lens was cracked. I just went ahead and ordered a new housing from BMW. They still have some housing left in Germany. The SI board was also toast because the batteries leaked.

Re: WTB: 1985 735I gauge cluster

Posted: Mar 08, 2016 10:08 PM
by wkohler
Well, suit yourself. I have a few for E23.

Re: WTB: 1985 735I gauge cluster

Posted: Mar 08, 2016 10:13 PM
by danskifish
Do you have a complete cluster and housing?