Upgrading M20 basic motronics to 1.3
Posted: Jul 25, 2013 2:28 AM
I have an '83 528e automatic with idling issues again; thump the ICV module (green box), everything will correct and the car will run fine for a little while, and then return to running like trash. The thought is to upgrade the motronics to 1.3, removing the box completely from the system.
I haven't found anything here or searching the net that has been specific to the e28's running an M20 engine doing this upgrade, plenty for an E30 and e28's with an M30 engine.
I have access to a super eta in the yard that hasn't been picked over...yet.
The obvious things needed are the harness and DME
Items I have gleaned from the E30 sites:
Crank Position Sensor and bracket
Toothed Crank Wheel
Cylinder Identification Sensor
Oil Pressure Switch
Oil Level Sensor
Items I presume I will need:
O2 Sensor
ICV
Items I don't know if I will need as they are different from what I currently have:
AFM
Throttle body
Upper intake
Injectors - thought I read somewhere they where high impedance
Is there anything I have missed or listed I won't need?
Thanks for the assistance.
I haven't found anything here or searching the net that has been specific to the e28's running an M20 engine doing this upgrade, plenty for an E30 and e28's with an M30 engine.
I have access to a super eta in the yard that hasn't been picked over...yet.
The obvious things needed are the harness and DME
Items I have gleaned from the E30 sites:
Crank Position Sensor and bracket
Toothed Crank Wheel
Cylinder Identification Sensor
Oil Pressure Switch
Oil Level Sensor
Items I presume I will need:
O2 Sensor
ICV
Items I don't know if I will need as they are different from what I currently have:
AFM
Throttle body
Upper intake
Injectors - thought I read somewhere they where high impedance
Is there anything I have missed or listed I won't need?
Thanks for the assistance.