Page 4 of 4
Posted: Oct 20, 2010 5:01 PM
by Adam W in MN
Charles Gray wrote:
I thought he came here because he has borderline Munchausen syndrome.
I went to wikipedia. Yep, the shoe fits.
Münchausen syndrome is a term for psychiatric disorders known as fictitious disorders wherein those affected feign disease, illness, or psychological trauma in order to draw attention or sympathy to themselves.
Posted: Oct 20, 2010 5:55 PM
by Rich in Tupelo
Posted: Oct 20, 2010 7:30 PM
by option00002
Posted: Oct 20, 2010 7:37 PM
by wkohler
Posted: Oct 20, 2010 7:59 PM
by BMWgiant
Posted: Oct 20, 2010 7:59 PM
by JoshInAtlanta
wkohler wrote: 
"
But I'm uber-fucking amazing..."
Posted: Oct 20, 2010 9:05 PM
by option00002
I believe I thoroughly covered any and _all_ legitimate talking points. And you should be flattered ... or embarrassed.

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 9:36 PM
by Shawn D.
JoshInAtlanta wrote:wkohler wrote: 
"
But I'm uber-fucking amazing..."
Two critiques on the movie, though:
1) use different voices
2) don't put in a random doorbell that makes my cat freak out and makes me think someone is playing ding-dong-ditch!
Posted: Oct 20, 2010 10:01 PM
by option00002
Shawn D. wrote:JoshInAtlanta wrote:wkohler wrote: 
"
But I'm uber-fucking amazing..."
Two critiques on the movie, though:
1) use different voices
2) don't put in a random doorbell that makes my cat freak out and makes me think someone is playing ding-dong-ditch!
Shawn, go fuck yourself and spare me the critique.
My cats didn't even blink an eye never mind flatten their ears.

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 10:31 PM
by booker
Whew... I made the cut!
For my, eh, mye28 emmy acceptance speech:
First, I'd like to thank God *kisses two fingers, touches heart, and points to the sky*, my family (I couldn't have done it without you), ALL my friends here at Mye28.com, yeah, you know who you are... You know. Let's see... Blake for starting it all, that guy who bummed me a light the other day, my dog Red... Red, who's a boy? Who's a big puppy?!?
PEACE!
Posted: Oct 20, 2010 11:41 PM
by BMWgiant
Posted: Oct 21, 2010 6:36 AM
by Adam W in MN
Wow, lots of my drivel in that movie script. I honestly never thought this thread would make epic status, but at 5 pages and going, I think we are close.
Come'on Blake, what else do you have going to share with us? Are you a first alternate for the next Apprentice? I am sure your Senior Managing Director VP of BS Integration and Systems Supervision title would impress Donald Trump in the boardroom. Maybe you can hit on his daughter and get a promotion to Apprentice Sr on your first day?
Posted: Oct 21, 2010 10:26 PM
by jwhiii
Let's keep this flick moving along guys. The wife just got back from walking the dog, has handed me a fresh beer and is in the kitchen making some popcorn!
Posted: Oct 22, 2010 12:03 AM
by C.R. Krieger
Mmmmm ... popcorn.

Posted: Oct 22, 2010 9:04 PM
by davintosh
Avera Motors? We've got
Avera Healthcare here.
One thing I don't get about this Avera Motors; one of the slides on the front page claims it's earned a "5-star safety rating". How does a car that's barely off the drawing board & probably years from production earn a 5-star safety rating?
Posted: Oct 22, 2010 10:30 PM
by BMWgiant
davintosh wrote:Avera Motors? We've got
Avera Healthcare here.
One thing I don't get about this Avera Motors; one of the slides on the front page claims it's earned a "5-star safety rating". How does a car that's barely off the drawing board & probably years from production earn a 5-star safety rating?
The site has been updated, so it is no longer just slides... And the design of the car is complete, they are currently just working on perfecting that miracle motor...
Posted: Oct 22, 2010 11:28 PM
by mooseheadm5
BMWgiant wrote:
The site has been updated, so it is no longer just slides... And the design of the car is complete, they are currently just working on perfecting that miracle motor...
You can't get crash tested without a motor installed, so the 5 star crash rating thing is intentionally misleading, as it is a goal and not a current rating.
Posted: Oct 23, 2010 1:41 AM
by C.R. Krieger
mooseheadm5 wrote:BMWgiant wrote:
The site has been updated, so it is no longer just slides... And the design of the car is complete, they are currently just working on perfecting that miracle motor...
You can't get crash tested without a motor installed, so the 5 star crash rating thing is intentionally misleading, as it is a goal and not a current rating.
It might sound like criminal fraud, but it's not. It's 'marketing' ...
Posted: Oct 23, 2010 10:08 AM
by Kyle in NO
I'm going to forward Blake's post history on this website to Avera Motors. That should be his ace in the hole.

Posted: Oct 23, 2010 4:27 PM
by davintosh
Kyle in NO wrote:I'm going to forward Blake's post history on this website to Avera Motors. That should be his ace in the hole.

Good call; the way he's defending the outfit, you'd think he'd been behind the whole thing since the beginning.
