Interviewed for my Dream Job

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Adam W in MN
Posts: 5055
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Don't waste my motherf***in' time!
Contact:

Post by Adam W in MN »

Charles Gray wrote: I thought he came here because he has borderline Munchausen syndrome.
I went to wikipedia. Yep, the shoe fits.
Münchausen syndrome is a term for psychiatric disorders known as fictitious disorders wherein those affected feign disease, illness, or psychological trauma in order to draw attention or sympathy to themselves.
Rich in Tupelo
Posts: 2917
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Spring Hill, TN

Post by Rich in Tupelo »

For some reason thought of Elbonia come to mind when I read this string of post...

Image


Image


Image


Image
option00002
Posts: 2434
Joined: Dec 23, 2006
Location: Tepoztlan, Mexico

Post by option00002 »

wkohler
Posts: 50941
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

BMWgiant
Posts: 5734
Joined: Mar 21, 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Contact:

Post by BMWgiant »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Even though it is not word for word, and leaves out a lot of important details coming from my side, I feel honored you went out of your way to make me a movie. :rofl:
JoshInAtlanta
Posts: 4434
Joined: Apr 22, 2006
Location: Holly Springs, GA

Post by JoshInAtlanta »

wkohler wrote:
:rofl:
"But I'm uber-fucking amazing..."
option00002
Posts: 2434
Joined: Dec 23, 2006
Location: Tepoztlan, Mexico

Post by option00002 »

BMWgiant wrote::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Even though it is not word for word, and leaves out a lot of important details coming from my side, I feel honored you went out of your way to make me a movie. :rofl:
I believe I thoroughly covered any and _all_ legitimate talking points. And you should be flattered ... or embarrassed.

;)
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 22379
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Contact:

Post by Shawn D. »

JoshInAtlanta wrote:
wkohler wrote:
:rofl:
"But I'm uber-fucking amazing..."
:banana:

Two critiques on the movie, though:

1) use different voices
2) don't put in a random doorbell that makes my cat freak out and makes me think someone is playing ding-dong-ditch!
option00002
Posts: 2434
Joined: Dec 23, 2006
Location: Tepoztlan, Mexico

Post by option00002 »

Shawn D. wrote:
JoshInAtlanta wrote:
wkohler wrote:
:rofl:
"But I'm uber-fucking amazing..."
:banana:

Two critiques on the movie, though:

1) use different voices
2) don't put in a random doorbell that makes my cat freak out and makes me think someone is playing ding-dong-ditch!
Shawn, go fuck yourself and spare me the critique. :laugh:
My cats didn't even blink an eye never mind flatten their ears. ;)
booker
Posts: 4354
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: New Orleans

Post by booker »

Whew... I made the cut!

For my, eh, mye28 emmy acceptance speech:

First, I'd like to thank God *kisses two fingers, touches heart, and points to the sky*, my family (I couldn't have done it without you), ALL my friends here at Mye28.com, yeah, you know who you are... You know. Let's see... Blake for starting it all, that guy who bummed me a light the other day, my dog Red... Red, who's a boy? Who's a big puppy?!?

PEACE!
BMWgiant
Posts: 5734
Joined: Mar 21, 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Contact:

Post by BMWgiant »

This place is full of loons! :roll: :laugh:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Adam W in MN
Posts: 5055
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Don't waste my motherf***in' time!
Contact:

Post by Adam W in MN »

Wow, lots of my drivel in that movie script. I honestly never thought this thread would make epic status, but at 5 pages and going, I think we are close.

Come'on Blake, what else do you have going to share with us? Are you a first alternate for the next Apprentice? I am sure your Senior Managing Director VP of BS Integration and Systems Supervision title would impress Donald Trump in the boardroom. Maybe you can hit on his daughter and get a promotion to Apprentice Sr on your first day?
jwhiii
Posts: 147
Joined: Feb 15, 2010
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon

Post by jwhiii »

Let's keep this flick moving along guys. The wife just got back from walking the dog, has handed me a fresh beer and is in the kitchen making some popcorn!
C.R. Krieger
Posts: 14507
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Halfway up the left side of Lake Michigan
Contact:

Post by C.R. Krieger »

Mmmmm ... popcorn. :popcorn:
davintosh
Posts: 13965
Joined: Jan 28, 2009
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Contact:

Post by davintosh »

Avera Motors? We've got Avera Healthcare here.

One thing I don't get about this Avera Motors; one of the slides on the front page claims it's earned a "5-star safety rating". How does a car that's barely off the drawing board & probably years from production earn a 5-star safety rating?
BMWgiant
Posts: 5734
Joined: Mar 21, 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Contact:

Post by BMWgiant »

davintosh wrote:Avera Motors? We've got Avera Healthcare here.

One thing I don't get about this Avera Motors; one of the slides on the front page claims it's earned a "5-star safety rating". How does a car that's barely off the drawing board & probably years from production earn a 5-star safety rating?
The site has been updated, so it is no longer just slides... And the design of the car is complete, they are currently just working on perfecting that miracle motor...
mooseheadm5
Posts: 23035
Joined: Apr 08, 2009
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Contact:

Post by mooseheadm5 »

BMWgiant wrote: The site has been updated, so it is no longer just slides... And the design of the car is complete, they are currently just working on perfecting that miracle motor...
You can't get crash tested without a motor installed, so the 5 star crash rating thing is intentionally misleading, as it is a goal and not a current rating.
C.R. Krieger
Posts: 14507
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Halfway up the left side of Lake Michigan
Contact:

Post by C.R. Krieger »

mooseheadm5 wrote:
BMWgiant wrote: The site has been updated, so it is no longer just slides... And the design of the car is complete, they are currently just working on perfecting that miracle motor...
You can't get crash tested without a motor installed, so the 5 star crash rating thing is intentionally misleading, as it is a goal and not a current rating.
It might sound like criminal fraud, but it's not. It's 'marketing' ...
Kyle in NO
Posts: 17638
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Nasty Orleans------> Batten-Rooehjch------>More Souther LA

Post by Kyle in NO »

I'm going to forward Blake's post history on this website to Avera Motors. That should be his ace in the hole. :up:
davintosh
Posts: 13965
Joined: Jan 28, 2009
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Contact:

Post by davintosh »

Kyle in NO wrote:I'm going to forward Blake's post history on this website to Avera Motors. That should be his ace in the hole. :up:
Good call; the way he's defending the outfit, you'd think he'd been behind the whole thing since the beginning. :roll:
Post Reply