** 5erWest 2010 ** - June 5th - Oregon

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

An important newsletter went out...

!!! READ MORE !!!
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

I'm getting excited...


....is it just me??
Eta power
Posts: 1416
Joined: Mar 25, 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA

Post by Eta power »

Jake D wrote:I'm getting excited...


....is it just me??
NO. It's me too.
wkohler
Posts: 50941
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

Y'all better be excited. I'm on the list meow.
derrith
Posts: 2980
Joined: Sep 18, 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA

Post by derrith »

wkohler wrote:Y'all better be excited. I'm on the list meow.
Hooray! It wouldn't be a 5er event for me without you or Eric.
MShimon
Posts: 960
Joined: Feb 12, 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

Post by MShimon »

Vatoloco wrote:I got my route already planed out.

Phx-SLC JUNE 2
slc-Bosie june 3
Bosie-gladstone june 4
weekend 5ERFEST

:banana:

Anyone, else going to Oregon from these parts?
Just to let you know, my plans have changed. I will be heading over there on June 4. You should shoot me a PM and we can hook up for a caravan. We can also hit up dinner or something on the 3rd.
ilikemybike
Posts: 697
Joined: Jan 20, 2010
Location: Portland OR

Post by ilikemybike »

Eta power wrote:
Jake D wrote:I'm getting excited...


....is it just me??
NO. It's me too.
I'm excited too but not looking forward to the massive job I have ahead of me of claying, polishing, waxing, cleaning, vacuuming, etc etc. I am looking forward to installing the lowering springs that are slated to arrive tomorrow.
seerden6
Posts: 66
Joined: Oct 18, 2007
Location: Seattle

Post by seerden6 »

wkohler
subject:
Y'all better be excited. I'm on the list meow.
Wow! real MyE28 celebrities are coming. I better break out the clay bar myself!
jay
Posts: 983
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Beaverton, Or

Post by jay »

This event is going to be epic for multiple reasons. The 5s, my 5 is back from the dead and I have a friends from the Bay making the trip up for the show. I am beyond excited. :banana:

Let's just pray for decent weather!!
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

The response for this has exceeded my expectations!! I'm very excited, but next year... we might have to find a larger location. It's going to be packed. Be prepared... and please be patient. We'll do our best to make it awesome.

Just got a bunch of new raffle items from Brecus Motorsport!!!
Thanks, Aaron!!
euro635gas
Posts: 1085
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Oregon

Post by euro635gas »

:banana:

Its always sunny in oregon
Kenny Blankenship
Posts: 4942
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: NNV

Post by Kenny Blankenship »

Did you know there is a discount at the Best Western hotel if you are a government employee? I went to the hotel website and the rate for a government employee (I work for the County of Riverside) is $72.00 plus taxes!
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

Kenny Blankenship wrote:Did you know there is a discount at the Best Western hotel if you are a government employee? I went to the hotel website and the rate for a government employee (I work for the County of Riverside) is $72.00 plus taxes!
I did not know this. Perhaps we'll request this rate for our block of rooms.

Have folks been using the discount rate / block of rooms that we had reserved??
Mike in Seattle
Posts: 1562
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Maple Valley, WA

Post by Mike in Seattle »

I used the discount rate for the room that I reserved. That was probably close to 2 months ago. I don't know how many of those rooms are left.
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

I sent out an email this afternoon to everybody that has registered. Just a few quick questions to see who would be interested in attending group dinners on Fri and Sat night as well as the 5erDrive that will conclude the show on Sat.

If you did NOT get this email. Please let me know.

ALSO, if you have NOT added your name/email to the official announcment/newsletter list on the main www.5erWest.com site, please do that as well.

Thanks!!
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

Award plaques ordered!!

I sold my e36, so I'm using some of the $ to pick up some awards for the "Best of Chassis" to be presented to the winners.
John SCB
Posts: 1872
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: SoCal, on the Beach.

Post by John SCB »

Jake D wrote:Award plaques ordered!!

I sold my e36, so I'm using some of the $ to pick up some awards for the "Best of Chassis" to be presented to the winners.
Excellent! Sorry I couldn't source a four poster trophy for this year's Best of Show. :oops:

Looking forward to meeting up with the entire PNW crew next week along with the usual suspects. :alright: :alright:
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

John SCB wrote: Excellent! Sorry I couldn't source a four poster trophy for this year's Best of Show. :oops:
:rofl:

Just so everybody knows... 5erWest will never have a "Best of Show" award. It's too difficult to try to rationalize and to ignore biases toward one specific chassis. If I know myself, I'd naturally vote for an e28... because I like them.

Attendees will be the judges and will choose their favorite car from e12, e28, and e34 chassis. (Brecus Motorsport may be doing something for the few e39s that will be in attendance as that is one of their target customers, it only makes sense.)

We've got some very cool prizes donated for this event from our sponsors. As you may have noticed, I've chosen to NOT charge admission / registration fees. I just don't agree with them. Instead, we will be offering raffle tickets in trade for your donations to help support the event. I figure if you're willing to put in, you should have a chance to take a nice prize home. Tickets will be sold for $1 each and registered attendees will get a few when you arrive.

We will have individual "buckets" for each prize. This means that if you have an e28, your ticket is not going to be in the same group as the e34 prizes.

If your curious about the prizes...
From Brecus Motorsport - UUC Evo3 SSK, hats, license plate frames, lanyards. 5% off coupons good on any order with UUC through Brecus.

From Miller Performance - WAR chip and MAF Conversion package for e34 and e28 groups.

From Creative Options (aka Kevin, aka theartisan) - 3 certificates for shift & ebrake boot packages.

From Brent Kemi (aka bk_bimmer) - a couple custom made tower strut bars.

I'm trying to have some shirts there as well. Not a ton, but if we run out, I'll try to offer them on the 5erWest.com site for a limited time.

Also, I'll just throw this out there. I really want this to be a positive experience for EVERYBODY that comes to 5erWest. It really pisses me off when I'm at a show and I overhear some jackass picking apart somebody's car. I don't want these comments in Gladstone. If I hear or find that somebody is being an ass, I will gladly ask them to stop, or just leave.
There is ALWAYS something positive to say. Just like my Grandma told me, "If you can't say something nice, then keep your trap shut."[/b]
robalou
Posts: 52
Joined: May 17, 2010
Location: Richmond, CA

Post by robalou »

1. Jake D - 1986 535i
2. BigMac - 1988 535is
3. ilikemybike - 1988 535is
4. PDX5 - 88 e28
5. GR8BMR - 88 e24
6. pldlnr - 1989 535i (possibly '84 635csi)
7.Joel323 79 323i ( if not then Pldnr's Euro 635csi)
8. John SCB - 1993 535i
9. SeaSean -83 528
10. jay - 88 535is (might bring e34 touring too)
11. PMA - 83 533
12. Eric Q - 88 528e or 84 733i 3.5 or 85 Euro 735i
13. WH - 1981 E12 B7 turbo or 1981 M535i (or both if I can get Peter Florance to fly out)
14. Mike in Seattle - 1988 535i
15. Dinan e28 - 88 535i Dinan S3
16. LandCruzer94 - '88 535is
17. Hello hi hey - 86 535i....FOR SALE!
18. Mshil.mon - 88 M5 and/or 528e(e2i swap)
19. Mike W.- 80 E12, or 00 E39 or 98 E36. (I hope one of the prior) Probable, not firm.
20. John L - 88 M5 and/or 81 e21 or 01 Z3 Coupe
21. Carlos 87 e28, coming from portland
22. Bob in San Jose 95 540i Maybe
23. bornagain - steve in edmonton - 07/83 533i turbo ms
24. euro635gas-John 1984 533i from accross the river
25. Vatoloco 1988 535is "Phx az"
26. zachk503 1984 533i
27. Bimmerguy2002 (plus SEB groupie) - 87 535is
28. robalou (Rob Norvell, Berkeley) - 87 535i *planning to travel with baybimmerz.net caravan
Eta power
Posts: 1416
Joined: Mar 25, 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA

Post by Eta power »

1. Jake D - 1986 535i
2. BigMac - 1988 535is
3. ilikemybike - 1988 535is
4. PDX5 - 88 e28
5. GR8BMR - 88 e24
6. pldlnr - 1989 535i (possibly '84 635csi)
7.Joel323 79 323i ( if not then Pldnr's Euro 635csi)
8. John SCB - 1993 535i
9. SeaSean -83 528
10. jay - 88 535is (might bring e34 touring too)
11. PMA - 83 533
12. Eric Q - 88 528e or 84 733i 3.5 or 85 Euro 735i
13. WH - 1981 E12 B7 turbo or 1981 M535i (or both if I can get Peter Florance to fly out)
14. Mike in Seattle - 1988 535i
15. Dinan e28 - 88 535i Dinan S3
16. LandCruzer94 - '88 535is
17. Hello hi hey - 86 535i....FOR SALE!
18. Mshil.mon - 88 M5 and/or 528e(e2i swap)
19. Mike W.- 80 E12, or 00 E39 or 98 E36. (I hope one of the prior) Probable, not firm.
20. John L - 88 M5 and/or 81 e21 or 01 Z3 Coupe
21. Carlos 87 e28, coming from portland
22. Bob in San Jose 95 540i Maybe
23. bornagain - steve in edmonton - 07/83 533i turbo ms
24. euro635gas-John 1984 533i from accross the river
25. Vatoloco 1988 535is "Phx az"
26. zachk503 1984 533i
27. Bimmerguy2002 (plus SEB groupie) - 87 535is
28. robalou (Rob Norvell, Berkeley) - 87 535i *planning to travel with baybimmerz.net caravan
29. Eta power - 1986 528e, W/parents and W/O car
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

Sent out another newsletter. You can read it at the official 5erWest Discussion Forum!!
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

Here's the concept art for T-Shirts if I can get them printed.
Hope you like it.
Image
ilikemybike
Posts: 697
Joined: Jan 20, 2010
Location: Portland OR

Post by ilikemybike »

Jake D wrote:Here's the concept art for T-Shirts if I can get them printed.
Hope you like it.
Image
Hell yeah!
runningpanda
Posts: 2629
Joined: Jul 18, 2007
Location: frederick maryland

Post by runningpanda »

Coolest shirt design ever. :up:
jay
Posts: 983
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Beaverton, Or

Post by jay »

Shirt is sick! I'd buy one for sure!
MShimon
Posts: 960
Joined: Feb 12, 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

Post by MShimon »

Bring a whole stack of them to the Fest! Larges pweeze.
pldlnr
Posts: 2221
Joined: Sep 18, 2007
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Post by pldlnr »

Love the shirt and would absolutely buy one.
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

I'm printing 3 dozen shirts to sell at the 5erWest. It will be first come first serve. I can't afford to be left with overhead after the event.
Shirts will be selling for $20.
If I sell out and folks still want them, I may consider a 2nd run if I get enough interest.
Double02
Posts: 57
Joined: Aug 24, 2009
Location: Vancouver BC

Post by Double02 »

Supasweet shirt design! I'm in for one and am really looking forward to next weekend. If it weren't for the fact that I'm bringing the family along I'd go for the full e28 geek-out and do the dinners/drive bit.
brutus87
Posts: 872
Joined: Apr 30, 2009
Location: Portland, Oregon

Post by brutus87 »

anybody know what the weather is going to be like? should we start to pray to the sun gods? :laugh:
Post Reply