turbodan wrote:
I think around here its like 400 bucks to get your car out of impound. Not up for discussion. You pay that or your car gets auctioned off, regardless of whos at fault.
Ah yes, impound. Reason enough to mind your manners. I must admit that I was "young, dumb and full of cum" until, well, until I started writing this sentence. LOL.
But a few years ago I paid the reg. fees on my 535is, but never got around to getting the required bi-annual smog check. So, although my fees were paid, I didn't have a current tag on my plate. I was distracted by the birth of our kid, new job, etc.
So I get pulled over. Cop points out that my reg has been expired for 6 months and TWO DAYS, and since it's more than 6 months expired he is going to tow my car. I beg, I plead, with him and his sargeant. No dice - the car is a goner. So I clear out as much of my stuff as I can carry. You know what I mean - the leatherman tool and other goodies in the glove box. Radio faceplate, etc. But I forgot to remove the ten-disk CD magazine from the CD changer.
When I go fetch my car some $$hundres$$ of dollars later, I find that some f*ckers took the CD magazine with 10 rare disks, rifled the glove box, and then DREW A MAP ON MY TRUNKLID. When I was waiting for the manager to come over so I could show the damage to my trunk, I watch in horror as a then-new Porsche 911 Carrera 4 is hauled out of storage by that fork-lift type hauler they use to push cars around the impound lot. And the Porsche, being carried with its rear wheels about three feet off the ground, SLIDES OFF THE FORKLIFT AND DROPS HARD ON ITS SIDE. Just barely missed rolling over. OMFG! No visible damage, but gee, you think something might have gotten tweaked?!
Anyway, that story alone should be enough to inspire you to 'RISE ABOVE' if you feel the cop is treating you unfairly. If you have kids, tell yourself your kids need you. If you don't have kids, tell yourself that your CAR needs you.
Peace out,
CD