2016 New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
ElGuappo
Posts: 8138
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by ElGuappo »

Why didn't I ask about glass for my E23?
Oh well, next year.
ATLien GuY
Posts: 30
Joined: May 10, 2013
Location: Woodstock, GA

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by ATLien GuY »

I'm on the list. Waiting for deposit info. Also emailed you before i saw this. Sorry.
geordi
Posts: 1417
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
Location: WYOKA

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by geordi »

ovide wrote:perfect Phil, hope that works out.
A crate will cost €300 to ship, so with 6 windshields in it, the price is already down to €50 per windshield.

Anyone in the NE should mail Phil and CC me in on the email so I can make a list.
Chimi-Changa is getting glass and lives in the NE. You may want to reach out and see if he wants to take part in the NE shipment.
Chimi-Changa
Posts: 1782
Joined: Nov 08, 2011
Location: Westborough, MA

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by Chimi-Changa »

geordi wrote:
ovide wrote:perfect Phil, hope that works out.
A crate will cost €300 to ship, so with 6 windshields in it, the price is already down to €50 per windshield.

Anyone in the NE should mail Phil and CC me in on the email so I can make a list.
Chimi-Changa is getting glass and lives in the NE. You may want to reach out and see if he wants to take part in the NE shipment.
Mines coming over in the backseat of the white car... Can fit one more or so in there too? ( don't really want to be responsible for more than mine but happy to help)
Rich in Tupelo
Posts: 2917
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Spring Hill, TN

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by Rich in Tupelo »

Emailed.

Just need the paypal information and can send $$$ asap.
SmokeyJohn102
Posts: 402
Joined: Aug 31, 2010
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by SmokeyJohn102 »

Chimi-Changa wrote:
geordi wrote:
ovide wrote:perfect Phil, hope that works out.
A crate will cost €300 to ship, so with 6 windshields in it, the price is already down to €50 per windshield.

Anyone in the NE should mail Phil and CC me in on the email so I can make a list.
Chimi-Changa is getting glass and lives in the NE. You may want to reach out and see if he wants to take part in the NE shipment.
Mines coming over in the backseat of the white car... Can fit one more or so in there too? ( don't really want to be responsible for more than mine but happy to help)
Pm'ed
Justin_FL
MyE28 IT Guru
MyE28 IT Guru
Posts: 2838
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Palm Beach
Contact:

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by Justin_FL »

al525i wrote:Ivo,

Sent an email but haven't heard back on when you want a deposit.

you have me on the confirmed list though

and actually, if theres a florida shipment, that would be closer for me than atlanta.
The plan so far is at least four coming to the south east Florida area. Adding a 5th should be fine. Any other takers? I'm not sure of the limit as to how many will fit on a pallet, since I was planning to order some euro parts too to share the ride.
harrypalmer
Posts: 706
Joined: Jul 25, 2012
Location: Denver, Colorado

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by harrypalmer »

Justin_FL wrote:
al525i wrote:Ivo,

Sent an email but haven't heard back on when you want a deposit.

you have me on the confirmed list though

and actually, if theres a florida shipment, that would be closer for me than atlanta.
The plan so far is at least four coming to the south east Florida area. Adding a 5th should be fine. Any other takers? I'm not sure of the limit as to how many will fit on a pallet, since I was planning to order some euro parts too to share the ride.
Justin, Now that you mention it, Ivo recently emailed me back that he was putting a FL group but that's the last I've heard from him. I am definitively in if there's space and of course a Green-Green windshield that Ivo can source for me. Thank you for offering.

Jack
ATLien GuY
Posts: 30
Joined: May 10, 2013
Location: Woodstock, GA

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by ATLien GuY »

Anyone heard from Ivo? I've sent him a couple emails about payment info but haven't heard back from him in a week or so.


Greg Young --- ATL shipment
saloon
Posts: 6
Joined: Dec 16, 2009
Location: Akron, OH

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by saloon »

ATLien GuY wrote:Anyone heard from Ivo? I've sent him a couple emails about payment info but haven't heard back from him in a week or so.


Greg Young --- ATL shipment
I have sent him several as well... Nothing back yet..

Ivo,

I am still interested in the glass that we talked about via email.

I hope all is well.

Best regards,
Joseph
ovide
Posts: 1513
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Netherlands, Europe
Contact:

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by ovide »

Hi guys

The Atlanta, Florida & the North-East shipments are slowely coming together.

I'm in the US as we speak so coordinating things is a bit harder but we are still on track.

Will get back to everyone once I have a solid picture of who/what/where/when

Best,
Ivo
harrypalmer
Posts: 706
Joined: Jul 25, 2012
Location: Denver, Colorado

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by harrypalmer »

ovide wrote:Hi guys

The Atlanta, Florida & the North-East shipments are slowely coming together.

I'm in the US as we speak so coordinating things is a bit harder but we are still on track.

Will get back to everyone once I have a solid picture of who/what/where/when

Best,
Ivo
Thank you Ivo.
gray635
Posts: 2054
Joined: Dec 06, 2006
Location: Perry, GA

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by gray635 »

Ivo:

Thanks for the update. Please let me know how much I need to PayPal you for my green/green glass shipping to Atlanta and I'll get payment out straight away.

Regards,
Mike
ovide
Posts: 1513
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Netherlands, Europe
Contact:

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by ovide »

Sorry to say, but the shipment to San Diego took a hit (the crate actually must have been dropped by the looks of the damage)

8 out of 13 windshields were trashed....

We took care of people who ordered them, but it was disappointing, needless to say.

Fingers crossed for the ones that are already on their way to LA, Sacramento and Dallas!

I will post more info when available.......
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 22375
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Contact:

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by Shawn D. »

ovide wrote:Sorry to say, but the shipment to San Diego took a hit (the crate actually must have been dropped by the looks of the damage)

8 out of 13 windshields were trashed...
Dang, that really stinks.
alpinaguy
Posts: 251
Joined: Jul 05, 2014

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by alpinaguy »

Ivo,
Should'nt of sent "13"!!!!!! Lol. I was lucky. mine was one of the lucky ones.
duggi
Posts: 2427
Joined: Apr 26, 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by duggi »

alpinaguy wrote:Ivo,
Should'nt of sent "13"!!!!!! Lol. I was lucky. mine was one of the lucky ones.
Talk about a nightmare :shock: he got in contact with me today to inform me that I, too, was on of the lucky ones. Feeling sorry for those guys who aren't... :(
Chimi-Changa
Posts: 1782
Joined: Nov 08, 2011
Location: Westborough, MA

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by Chimi-Changa »

Fingers crossed for the LA shipment....
reesesboot
Posts: 495
Joined: Jun 28, 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by reesesboot »

Chimi-Changa wrote:Fingers crossed for the LA shipment....
Amen. I was one of the unlucky ones :cry: Still got other goodies and saw Ivo's caravaM5

Image
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by 1st 5er »

Fingers crossed in Tejas.
Renn535is
Posts: 9
Joined: Sep 02, 2013
Location: Los Angeles

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by Renn535is »

Thank you Ivo for delivering my windshield yesterday in Los Angeles. You couldn't have made it easier and I look forward to ordering more items in the future.
jc72
Posts: 712
Joined: Aug 16, 2010
Location: Oakland, CA

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by jc72 »

Ivo give me a call if you see this, I'm not getting through to you via email.
EvanJacob
Posts: 94
Joined: Feb 20, 2013
Location: Oakland, CA
Contact:

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by EvanJacob »

My wife just texted, "It's so clear, it's like there's no windshield at all. Really Weird!"

Happy wife. Happy life.

Thanks, Ivo!
gray635
Posts: 2054
Joined: Dec 06, 2006
Location: Perry, GA

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by gray635 »

Ivo: Any update on the shipment to ShawnD in Atlanta?

Thanks,
Mike
SmokeyJohn102
Posts: 402
Joined: Aug 31, 2010
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by SmokeyJohn102 »

Also interested in an update, I have emailed Ivo a couple of times now with no response...
ovide
Posts: 1513
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Netherlands, Europe
Contact:

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by ovide »

My sincere apologies, this trip was hectic and disappointing for a lot of people including myself as the shipping company trashed 15 of the new windshields…..


Image


Luckily a lot of them did survived and were delivered to happy customers.
But meanwhile I'm still fighting with the shipping company for them to step up and get back with a solution that helps everybody.

Due to this all I did not reply to this post and forgot to get back to some people.. off course this is no excuse but this is what happened….

Bottom line:

-everyone that send a deposit and still wants a windshield will get one in the 'replacement batch"
-anyone that wants their deposit back and cancel the order is welcome to do so.
-new orders will have to wait a bit until this all is taken care off, I do not want to have any more glass arrive to the other side of the world in pieces....

Kind regards
Ivo

ps as always the best way to reach me is through email: [email protected]
if I don't reply quick enough, don't hesitate to email me a 'friendly reminder'
live is busy with 2 jobs, a dog and a wife that I love.....
gray635
Posts: 2054
Joined: Dec 06, 2006
Location: Perry, GA

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by gray635 »

Ivo: Thanks for the update. Although I ordered early, I was never informed of the deposit required for the Atlanta shipment, so I never paid one.

If you think there is any chance you can get another batch of windshields made and shipped to the US, I am willing to wait. Any idea that this will happen and, if so, what it the timetable?

Thanks,
Mike Gray
reesesboot
Posts: 495
Joined: Jun 28, 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by reesesboot »

Any update on this?
ovide
Posts: 1513
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Netherlands, Europe
Contact:

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by ovide »

Actually still working on the insurance claim with the shipping company!
But I do have all new green – green windshields in house +10 bronze are on the way as we speak.

I should be able to have everything shipped by the end of the month!
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 22375
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Contact:

Re: New Windshield from Europe for St.Paddy's day

Post by Shawn D. »

ovide wrote: I should be able to have everything shipped by the end of the month!
:beer:
Post Reply