Was the E36 M3 available with an automatic?

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Mab1957
Posts: 2262
Joined: May 14, 2010
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Post by Mab1957 »

1998 BMW M3 - $6100 (ALEXANDRIA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-09-19, 1:05PM EDT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I AM SELLING MY 98 BMW M3 WITH 167K MILE
BEAUTIFUL CONDITION
AUTO AC, HEAT WORK
NEW TIRES
FRONT NEW PADS AND ROTORS
EVERY THING IN WORKING CONDITION
RECENTLY DONE MAJOR SERVICE
ANY QUESTION GIVE ME A CALL @ 703 980 0771

KEYWORDS: BMW, 325I, 330I, 540I, 740I, 740IL, Z3, M3, M5

•Location: ALEXANDRIA
•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2606496082
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright © 2011 craigslist, inc.terms of useprivacy policyfeedback forum

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ ... 96082.html
Image
Image
M20Sux
Posts: 45
Joined: Aug 05, 2011

Post by M20Sux »

im only a douche because the eta sucks?
jeff hates them more then I do.
slammin_e28
Posts: 6140
Joined: Aug 05, 2007
Location: 24477

Post by slammin_e28 »

M20Sux wrote:im only a douche because the eta sucks?
jeff hates them more then I do.
I have a rep of eta bashing on here. You sir, do not.

See sig.
M20Sux
Posts: 45
Joined: Aug 05, 2011

Post by M20Sux »

slammin_e28 wrote:
M20Sux wrote:im only a douche because the eta sucks?
jeff hates them more then I do.
I have a rep of eta bashing on here. You sir, do not.

See sig.
i feel dirty.
slammin_e28
Posts: 6140
Joined: Aug 05, 2007
Location: 24477

Post by slammin_e28 »

M20Sux wrote:
slammin_e28 wrote:
M20Sux wrote:im only a douche because the eta sucks?
jeff hates them more then I do.
I have a rep of eta bashing on here. You sir, do not.

See sig.
i feel dirty.
Better take a shower before I come over then....if you don't like feeling really dirty.
rmiddendorf
Posts: 5568
Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Post by rmiddendorf »

I was about to post this in my N/A Cars for Sale thread but then I saw this:

Image

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/2600756138.html

No affiliation of course. :bawl: Why BMW... why?

/rant. I really can't complain too much since my E90 is a 6-Speed auto but oh that manual mode is just pure awesomeness...
m5chaser83
Posts: 522
Joined: May 05, 2010
Location: san rafael ca

Post by m5chaser83 »

WilNJ wrote:Any downsides to the 4-door variant vs. the 2-door?
I am a four door guy,some say that the 4 door is stiffer and correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the m3 4 door have near perfect 50/50 weight distribution? This is going to sound insane but I have owned both a e36 m3 auto and stick 4 door and the auto seemed faster, the gearing ratio was super high on the stick when the car came from the factory so you needed change gear before the motor was ready. This is the ONLY m car I would would prefer in an automatic. but i always prefer a 4 door than a 2 door. this is a link the is a video that told me that the car had 50/50 wight balance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wkj1Rug-pg
Tammer in Philly
Posts: 10719
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: CHI, IL

Post by Tammer in Philly »

m5chaser83 wrote:This is going to sound insane but I have owned both a e36 m3 auto and stick 4 door and the auto seemed faster, the gearing ratio was super high on the stick when the car came from the factory so you needed change gear before the motor was ready.
That does sound insane, because with a manual if the "motor isn't ready," you can stay in gear. You never "have" to change until redline.

-tammer
Rolf-Dieter
Posts: 19
Joined: Sep 14, 2011
Location: Ontario Canada
Contact:

Post by Rolf-Dieter »

MicahO wrote:
ldsbeaker wrote:
Coldswede wrote:Slightly OT triva: BMW intends to sell NO true manual transmissions after 2015.
Fuck it. We're all goners next year anyway...

Edit: Ha! anyway s...
I thought it was next month? Sheeee-it! We've only got a month!

At least we will not have to see the end of the manual transmission in the BMW line. That would be truly apocalyptic. :rofl:
You think he might have a point with the financial situation we have right now the whole world will jump into the toilet and pull the chain hehehehe ... what a character judgement day in deed :)
Post Reply