What did you listen to in your E28 based vehicle today?

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Frybrid 524td
Posts: 2689
Joined: May 27, 2009
Location: ...

Post by Frybrid 524td »

RonW wrote:
Frybrid 524td wrote:[no need to keep reposting images]
I do too, except when they're in fund raising mode. Then I listen to:
http://www.familyradio.com/
What do NPR and Family Radio have in common? They're primarily (or totally) listener-supported. I disagree with the whole religious premise of Family Radio, and their "science" programs are ridiculous, but they're still preferable to commercial radio - except for the local oldies station, a holdover from the days of real local radio:
http://www.wlng.com/
They sometimes have live coverage of local high school sports. Even though they've been around since 1963, they didn't start broadcasting in stereo until this year.
Meh, I donate to WNYC and WHYY once a year. I'm fortunate enough to be able to get both stations where I live. I just wish I could skip the fund raising after I've pitched in... I don't listen to family radio very often; Radio New York 91.5 is my usual fallback plan (although since they've stopped broadcasting Seattle's KEXP in the mornings, I've lost interest). They get some real loons on there from time to time though.
Gelatinous
Posts: 302
Joined: Oct 24, 2010
Location: Everett, WA -- previously Victoria BC, Canada

Post by Gelatinous »

Rusko essential mix
NoM54me
Posts: 305
Joined: Jan 11, 2010
Location: Fishers, IN

Post by NoM54me »

Felix da Housecat on Pandora with headphones.
Jorge11
Posts: 5
Joined: Jun 30, 2011

Post by Jorge11 »

some german techno CD that came with it when I bought it... thought it was appropriate.
Gelatinous
Posts: 302
Joined: Oct 24, 2010
Location: Everett, WA -- previously Victoria BC, Canada

Post by Gelatinous »

Nightwish: Dark Passion Play
ElGuappo
Posts: 8138
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Post by ElGuappo »

On my wy to work this morning was The Black Keys: Attack and Release.

Everything before their last sellout commercial release Brothers I am hooked on right now.

2 man band, guitar and drums, and its more than enough.
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

Air leaks around the windows and moon roof.
Not complaining though, it's a big improvement from the whine I refused to become accustomed to.
Slow_Ballin'
Posts: 1425
Joined: Nov 15, 2010
Location: Sacramento

Post by Slow_Ballin' »

Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor

Image

Good driving music.
mechacode
Posts: 692
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Wi

Post by mechacode »

Some staticy radio since all of the paper cones have disintegrated in the past 27 years
Gelatinous
Posts: 302
Joined: Oct 24, 2010
Location: Everett, WA -- previously Victoria BC, Canada

Post by Gelatinous »

Infected Mushroom: Converting Vegetarians
strokez
Posts: 186
Joined: Mar 10, 2011
Location: Houston, TX

Post by strokez »

Bleed by Meshuggah........not for the weak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc98u-eGzlc
Boiwonder
Posts: 148
Joined: Jul 07, 2011
Location: Salt Lake City UT

Post by Boiwonder »

MJ
Mr. E28
Posts: 1166
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Woodbridge, VA

Post by Mr. E28 »

I have a nasty habit of playing the crap out of songs recently added to my library. Today's songs are:

Solesystem & El Aero - Birds (Dirty Dub)
DJ Fresh - Louder (Doctor P & Flux Pavilion Remix)
garageboy
Posts: 2488
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: New York City
Contact:

Post by garageboy »

Well, the other night I was visiting friends upstate, and driving home after midnight, one can really open up on some sections of the NY State Thruway...

So for the first part of the trip, on the twisty Mohunk House Road, I just opened the roof and listened to my new super eta exhaust and managed to figure out that the original exhaust I just replaced was gonzo when I bought the car last year.

Then the rest of the trip, I listened to what is on my Digisette (an mp3 player in the shape of a cassette):
- some Chopin assorted piano music
- a Charlie Haden / Pat Metheny album
- a whole bunch of Gil Scott Heron (recently passed away; I have been in mourning ever since; miss him terribly)
- and finally Thelonious Monk's Misterioso, which is GREAT triple-digit music; this album always gives me flashbacks to when I lived in Europe and tried to keep up 3km/minute while driving on the highway...

.steve.
NYC
1988 528e, 5-speed, 87k, The Time Capsule Holy SHIT. I'm down to one car!
2001 525i, 5-speed, 118k, The Toaster, RIP
1987 528e, 5-speed, 276k, The Organ Donor, formerly "Lady Di", parting out, RIP
1983 528e, 5-speed, 317k, The Raped Turtle, RIP, parted out, gone
E28indenver
Posts: 106
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Bedford, NY

Post by E28indenver »

What can I say, car seems to like 80's rock......seems to run better.
cleeves
Posts: 545
Joined: Mar 29, 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO / Lawrence, KS

Post by cleeves »

Image

Image

Image

Image

Rush & Indie rock FTW. Kind of a (wierd?) combo. Fans?


Henry
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

I know what my next project for Snob is now.
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

Image
Alfonso Bedoya
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sep 16, 2010
Location: Van Isle, B.C. Canada

Post by Alfonso Bedoya »

Image

On my way, to see Slayer, Rob Zombie and Exodus tonight!
Brad D.
Posts: 10735
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:

Post by Brad D. »

New Trivium single - In Waves.
podgorny
Posts: 414
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Contact:

Post by podgorny »

Image


Finally have my stereo installed.

Alpine CDA-105 head unit
Mix of Pioneer and Blaupunkt speakers
Alpine MRP-500 amp
Pair of Alpine E-Series 10" Subwoofers

It actually doesn't sound half bad!
Alfonso Bedoya
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sep 16, 2010
Location: Van Isle, B.C. Canada

Post by Alfonso Bedoya »

That sound garden album is wicked!
Gelatinous
Posts: 302
Joined: Oct 24, 2010
Location: Everett, WA -- previously Victoria BC, Canada

Post by Gelatinous »

DJ Led Manville -- Lights Over Mind
Zach716
Posts: 1376
Joined: Sep 02, 2009
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Contact:

Post by Zach716 »

Image
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

[size=0]Nothing. I've still got the "radio delete" option installed in the car.[/size]
Das_Prachtstrasse
Posts: 5616
Joined: Sep 10, 2006
Location: Melbourne, Doooown Under

Post by Das_Prachtstrasse »

Image
cleeves
Posts: 545
Joined: Mar 29, 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO / Lawrence, KS

Post by cleeves »

Image
Gelatinous
Posts: 302
Joined: Oct 24, 2010
Location: Everett, WA -- previously Victoria BC, Canada

Post by Gelatinous »

Image
Gelatinous
Posts: 302
Joined: Oct 24, 2010
Location: Everett, WA -- previously Victoria BC, Canada

Post by Gelatinous »

Image
ldsbeaker
Posts: 6134
Joined: Mar 25, 2007
Location: Slicktop City, AZ
Contact:

Post by ldsbeaker »

1st 5er wrote:[size=0]Nothing. I've still got the "radio delete" option installed in the car.[/size]
Image
Post Reply