Whats your Production Date?

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
BimmerSog
Posts: 196
Joined: Apr 16, 2011
Location: Delano, MN

Post by BimmerSog »

Brian - mine too, please! WBADC7407H1716876
Blue Shadow
Posts: 10536
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: SE PA

Post by Blue Shadow »

Zach716 wrote:Wow, didn't expect this many replies, I will put a graph together after work, to show various dates.
We need a full disclosure document.

See if the US 535is all came with SA226, seats and heckspoiler

Get a list of all the possible SA options on each model represented, 528e, 524td, 535i and m5 for the US. Might not need to do the € cars as they came with whatever was ordered. The US cars were spec'd by BMWNA with limited 'options' available.

Inquiring minds want to know.
Zach716
Posts: 1376
Joined: Sep 02, 2009
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Contact:

Post by Zach716 »

Here is my VIN Brian: WBADC7405H0964906
Zach716
Posts: 1376
Joined: Sep 02, 2009
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Contact:

Post by Zach716 »

Blue Shadow wrote:
Zach716 wrote:Wow, didn't expect this many replies, I will put a graph together after work, to show various dates.
We need a full disclosure document.

See if the US 535is all came with SA226, seats and heckspoiler

Get a list of all the possible SA options on each model represented, 528e, 524td, 535i and m5 for the US. Might not need to do the € cars as they came with whatever was ordered. The US cars were spec'd by BMWNA with limited 'options' available.

Inquiring minds want to know.
okay i'll try my best
Brian in TN
Posts: 4615
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by Brian in TN »

BimmerSog wrote:Brian - mine too, please! WBADC7407H1716876
Vehicle information

VIN long WBADC7407H1716876

Type code DC74

Type 535 I US (USA)

Dev. series E28 ()

Line 5

Body type LIM

Steering LL

Door count 4

Engine M30

Cubical capacity 3.50

Power 0

Transmision HECK

Gearbox MECH

Colour ALPINWEISS (146)

Upholstery CARDINALROT LEDER (0256)

Prod. date 1987-02-12


Order options
No. Description
209 LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL (25%)

226 SPORTS SUSPENSION SETTINGS

458 SEAT ADJUSTMENT, ELECTRIC. F DRIVER/PASS

481 SPORT SEATS F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER

551 ON-BOARD COMPUTER II W REMOTE CONTROL

716 M-TECHNIC HECKSPOILER

841 AUSSENSP.IN WAG.FA.U.325IS SCH
Brian in TN
Posts: 4615
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by Brian in TN »

Zach716 wrote:Here is my VIN Brian: WBADC7405H0964906
VIN long WBADC7405H0964906

Type code DC74

Type 535 I US (USA)

Dev. series E28 ()

Line 5

Body type LIM

Steering LL

Door count 4

Engine M30

Cubical capacity 3.50

Power 0

Transmision HECK

Gearbox MECH

Colour ALPINWEISS (146)

Upholstery LAMA LEDER (0209)

Prod. date 1986-10-10


Order options
No. Description
226 SPORTS SUSPENSION SETTINGS

458 SEAT ADJUSTMENT, ELECTRIC. F DRIVER/PASS

481 SPORT SEATS F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER

551 ON-BOARD COMPUTER II W REMOTE CONTROL

716 M-TECHNIC HECKSPOILER

841 AUSSENSP.IN WAG.FA.U.325IS SCH
BimmerSog
Posts: 196
Joined: Apr 16, 2011
Location: Delano, MN

Post by BimmerSog »

My blundering on this site continues :oops:

I re-checked the VIN I had written on my board against the photo on my phone since what you sent came back with the Alpine white color and I gave you the wrong one. I'm sorry! Proper one is WBADC7409H1716751
ncpaladin
Posts: 898
Joined: Aug 06, 2008
Location: Elizabethtown KY

Post by ncpaladin »

Is it possible that option code 841 is the day/night rear view mirror with the map lights?

As far as my 533i, it was produced in 5/83. I'll post the last 7 after I get home. ;)
Brian in TN
Posts: 4615
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by Brian in TN »

BimmerSog wrote:My blundering on this site continues :oops:

I re-checked the VIN I had written on my board against the photo on my phone since what you sent came back with the Alpine white color and I gave you the wrong one. I'm sorry! Proper one is WBADC7409H1716751
Vehicle information

VIN long WBADC7409H1716751

Type code DC74

Type 535 I US (USA)

Dev. series E28 ()

Line 5

Body type LIM

Steering LL

Door count 4

Engine M30

Cubical capacity 3.50

Power 0

Transmision HECK

Gearbox MECH

Colour ZINNOBERROT (138)

Upholstery PERLBEIGE LEDER (0206)

Prod. date 1987-01-30


Order options
No. Description
226 SPORTS SUSPENSION SETTINGS

458 SEAT ADJUSTMENT, ELECTRIC. F DRIVER/PASS

481 SPORT SEATS F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER

551 ON-BOARD COMPUTER II W REMOTE CONTROL

716 M-TECHNIC HECKSPOILER

841 AUSSENSP.IN WAG.FA.U.325IS SCH
w6w6s6d
Posts: 135
Joined: May 17, 2010
Location: Knox, in

Post by w6w6s6d »

Thanks Brian!
rodpaine
Posts: 1392
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: 55 miles west of D.C. in northern VA
Contact:

Post by rodpaine »

Brian,
Would appreciate your info on my 1983 528e, WBADK7301D7955481, when you get a chance. Wanna know if it's a Monday product. :laugh:
My 1961 Pontiac 2-door Bonnieville Super Duty 389 V-8, Hurst 4-speed was, including the coke bottle rattling around inside the left rear piller cavity. Really!
-Rod
saigon535
Posts: 93
Joined: Jan 20, 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

Post by saigon535 »

6-87
VIN: 1718634

Thanks, Brian!
Brian in TN
Posts: 4615
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by Brian in TN »

rodpaine wrote:Brian,
Would appreciate your info on my 1983 528e, WBADK7301D7955481, when you get a chance. Wanna know if it's a Monday product. :laugh:
My 1961 Pontiac 2-door Bonnieville Super Duty 389 V-8, Hurst 4-speed was, including the coke bottle rattling around inside the left rear piller cavity. Really!
-Rod

No documents matching the specified search terms
Brian in TN
Posts: 4615
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by Brian in TN »

saigon535 wrote:6-87
VIN: 1718634

Thanks, Brian!
Vehicle information

VIN long WBADC7407J1718634

Type code DC74

Type 535 I US (USA)

Dev. series E28 ()

Line 5

Body type LIM

Steering LL

Door count 4

Engine M30

Cubical capacity 3.50

Power 0

Transmision HECK

Gearbox MECH

Colour LACHSSILBER METALLIC (203)

Upholstery SCHWARZ LEDER (0203)

Prod. date 1987-06-03


Order options
No. Description
209 LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL (25%)

226 SPORTS SUSPENSION SETTINGS

458 SEAT ADJUSTMENT, ELECTRIC. F DRIVER/PASS

481 SPORT SEATS F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER

494 SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER

551 ON-BOARD COMPUTER II W REMOTE CONTROL

716 M-TECHNIC HECKSPOILER

838 CANADIAN VERSION

841 AUSSENSP.IN WAG.FA.U.325IS SCH
spinedocab
Posts: 2600
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Upper Bucks County, PA

Post by spinedocab »

Hi Brian. If it's not too much trouble, can you track down the info on these two?

1718194

and

0667845

Thanks,
Andrew.
My E 28 533i
Posts: 257
Joined: Jun 14, 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Post by My E 28 533i »

84 533i 8/84... Vin 1193847

Hey Brain can you look up my info.

Thanks man.
Brian in TN
Posts: 4615
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by Brian in TN »

spinedocab wrote:Hi Brian. If it's not too much trouble, can you track down the info on these two?

1718194

and

0667845

Thanks,
Andrew.
Vehicle information

VIN long WBADC7405J1718194

Type code DC74

Type 535 I US (USA)

Dev. series E28 ()

Line 5

Body type LIM

Steering LL

Door count 4

Engine M30

Cubical capacity 3.50

Power 0

Transmision HECK

Gearbox MECH

Colour DIAMANTSCHWARZ METALLIC (181)

Upholstery SCHWARZ LEDER (0203)

Prod. date 1987-05-13


Order options
No. Description
209 LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL (25%)

226 SPORTS SUSPENSION SETTINGS

458 SEAT ADJUSTMENT, ELECTRIC. F DRIVER/PASS

481 SPORT SEATS F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER

551 ON-BOARD COMPUTER II W REMOTE CONTROL

716 M-TECHNIC HECKSPOILER

841 AUSSENSP.IN WAG.FA.U.325IS SCH


Vehicle information

VIN long WBADC840XG0667845

Type code DC84

Type 535 I A (USA)

Dev. series E28 ()

Line 5

Body type LIM

Steering LL

Door count 4

Engine M30

Cubical capacity 3.50

Power 0

Transmision HECK

Gearbox AUT

Colour ARCTISBLAU METALLIC (045)

Upholstery PERLBEIGE LEDER (0206)

Prod. date 1985-09-02


Order options
No. Description
201 3 FAHRPROGRAMME F.4-GANG-AUTOM

209 LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL (25%)

458 SEAT ADJUSTMENT, ELECTRIC. F DRIVER/PASS

551 ON-BOARD COMPUTER II W REMOTE CONTROL
Brian in TN
Posts: 4615
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by Brian in TN »

My E 28 533i wrote:84 533i 8/84... Vin 1193847

Hey Brain can you look up my info.

Thanks man.
Vehicle information

VIN long WBADB7404E1193847

Type code DB74

Type 533 I (USA)

Dev. series E28 ()

Line 5

Body type LIM

Steering LL

Door count 4

Engine M30

Cubical capacity 3.20

Power 0

Transmision HECK

Gearbox MECH

Colour DELPHIN METALLIC (184)

Upholstery PERLBEIGE LEDER (0158)

Prod. date 1984-08-01


Order options
No. Description
550 ON-BOARD COMPUTER
Brian in TN
Posts: 4615
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by Brian in TN »

I should be charging for this since Im on vacation and all. :laugh:
mooseheadm5
Posts: 23035
Joined: Apr 08, 2009
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Contact:

Post by mooseheadm5 »

I bet 841 is premium sound.
Crazy_Canuck
Posts: 313
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Surrey

Post by Crazy_Canuck »

Brian in TN wrote:
Crazy_Canuck wrote:I would like to know too: 7890219
Engine M20

Cubical capacity 1.80

Power none

Prod. date 1983-03-01

Order options
No. Description
270 WIDER TYRES

311 ELEKTRISCHER BEIFAHRERSPIEGEL

320 MODEL DESIGNATION, DELETION

351 WAERMESCHUTZGLAS BRAUN, RUNDUM
Wow it has options!

Who new BMW made a 4 cylinder M20 :rofl:
rmiddendorf
Posts: 5568
Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Post by rmiddendorf »

mooseheadm5 wrote:I bet 841 is premium sound.
I don't have that option but do have the tweeters in the front doors for an 86. Did all the E28s in MY 86 and later have the door tweeters? Or at least all the 535i's?
desmofan
Posts: 802
Joined: May 01, 2010
Location: Fairfax, VA

Post by desmofan »

Brian in TN wrote:I should be charging for this since Im on vacation and all. :laugh:
I think everyone should just order their parts from you from now on!
Franchise
Posts: 233
Joined: Sep 16, 2008
Location: Bay Area Cali

Post by Franchise »

9714674
Brian in TN
Posts: 4615
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by Brian in TN »

Franchise wrote:9714674

Vehicle information

VIN long WBADK8305J9714674

Type code DK83

Type 528 E (USA)

Dev. series E28 ()

Line 5

Body type LIM

Steering LL

Door count 4

Engine M20

Cubical capacity 2.70

Power 0

Transmision HECK

Gearbox AUT

Colour SCHWARZ (086)

Upholstery SCHWARZ (0005)

Prod. date 1987-04-10


Order options
No. Description
210 ANTI-BLOCKIER-SYSTEM ( ABS )

458 SEAT ADJUSTMENT, ELECTRIC. F DRIVER/PASS

551 ON-BOARD COMPUTER II W REMOTE CONTROL

675 BMW SOUND SYSTEM
spinedocab
Posts: 2600
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Upper Bucks County, PA

Post by spinedocab »

Danke Schoen, mein herr. Danke und Chuus.
Zach716
Posts: 1376
Joined: Sep 02, 2009
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Contact:

Post by Zach716 »

Okay here is what I got so far, it took me an hour and a half to copy and paste all this stuff:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreads ... utput=html

Code: Select all

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AhkZ0o2k0hyfdGRENXI2cF84aFI5OG03SWZKRU54eGc&output=html
Will do more tomorrow night. I'll see if I find more creative ways to display this stuff.
ncpaladin
Posts: 898
Joined: Aug 06, 2008
Location: Elizabethtown KY

Post by ncpaladin »

OK, my '83 533i #1047870


Here's a 2001 PDF list of option codes I've found (It says it's from 2001, but would appear to cover cars through the years.)

http://mr-euro.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... s-list.pdf
Franchise
Posts: 233
Joined: Sep 16, 2008
Location: Bay Area Cali

Post by Franchise »

Brian in TN wrote:
Franchise wrote:9714674

Vehicle information

VIN long WBADK8305J9714674

Type code DK83

Type 528 E (USA)

Dev. series E28 ()

Line 5

Body type LIM

Steering LL

Door count 4

Engine M20

Cubical capacity 2.70

Power 0

Transmision HECK

Gearbox AUT

Colour SCHWARZ (086)

Upholstery SCHWARZ (0005)

Prod. date 1987-04-10


Order options
No. Description
210 ANTI-BLOCKIER-SYSTEM ( ABS )

458 SEAT ADJUSTMENT, ELECTRIC. F DRIVER/PASS

551 ON-BOARD COMPUTER II W REMOTE CONTROL

675 BMW SOUND SYSTEM

thank you much Brian!
BimmerSog
Posts: 196
Joined: Apr 16, 2011
Location: Delano, MN

Post by BimmerSog »

Pivot tables! So far there are 2 people with 10/10/1986 as their production date (Zach716 & brkinshiz).

Chart: Total by Month with an additional sort by Year: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/n ... directlink

Chart: Total by Month only: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/n ... directlink

May is "WINNING" with 5.

Zach716 ~ let me know if you want help with this. I spent maybe 10 minutes throwing together a pivot table and working with the data to get those charts. Just trying to be helpful. I'll try to email you the spreadsheet I made from your link and tweaked the data some to make it pivot-friendly.
Post Reply