Page 3 of 3

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 2:12 PM
by D Unit
ElGuappo wrote:First you tell us you are going to bring some Heineken light, but then you say you will bring BEER.

I for one hope you bring BEER.
;)
Logan warned me about you... :laugh:

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 3:12 PM
by dcollin
Tell him you're bringing Bud Lite and some 6 x 9 for his car..if you really want to see him go off.

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 4:20 PM
by D Unit
dcollin wrote:Tell him you're bringing Bud Lite and some 6 x 9 for his car..if you really want to see him go off.
done.

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 5:42 PM
by ElGuappo
Uh Oh, I am getting predictable in my crotchityness....

I had better find something new to complain about... :cool:

Posted: Mar 31, 2011 1:14 AM
by cddallara
I'm excited, and I'm not even bringing an e28. Unless Henry smogs it in the next 2 days... Looking forward to learning a bunch, helping somewhat, and picking up my new to me wheels!

Posted: Mar 31, 2011 11:49 AM
by nnarth212
cddallara wrote:I'm excited, and I'm not even bringing an e28. Unless Henry smogs it in the next 2 days... Looking forward to learning a bunch, helping somewhat, and picking up my new to me wheels!
Me too! You're bringing the real beer, right?

Posted: Mar 31, 2011 12:07 PM
by Mike W.
Lets see, this Saturday. Hmmmm. I'll be in the air most of the day on those glamorous flying busses. Wishing I was at a WF drinking beer. :bawl:

Posted: Mar 31, 2011 8:03 PM
by cddallara
nnarth212 wrote:
cddallara wrote:I'm excited, and I'm not even bringing an e28. Unless Henry smogs it in the next 2 days... Looking forward to learning a bunch, helping somewhat, and picking up my new to me wheels!
Me too! You're bringing the real beer, right?
Sure, just fill me in on what that might be. :oops: That way we can avoid the :argue: .

:cool:

Posted: Mar 31, 2011 9:49 PM
by brkinshiz
I can bring water!

Posted: Apr 01, 2011 11:32 AM
by nnarth212
SO-- I like to eat...

Colin: dogs and buns

???: famous ambrosia salad...?

???: free hat...?
cddallara wrote:
nnarth212 wrote:
Me too! You're bringing the real beer, right?
Sure, just fill me in on what that might be. :oops: That way we can avoid the :argue: .
You're from where, now? I trust you'll make a wise decision.

Posted: Apr 01, 2011 1:51 PM
by ElGuappo
As I recall Corey doesn't drink, so he bought beer last time at Shawns with my recommendation at the store...

Posted: Apr 01, 2011 1:53 PM
by nnarth212
OH-- OK...

I suppose Cory is on the hook to bring the ambrosia...

Posted: Apr 01, 2011 4:43 PM
by cddallara
nnarth212 wrote:OH-- OK...

I suppose Cory is on the hook to bring the ambrosia...
wtf is ambrosia? :laugh: I don't mind bringing beer, just out of the loop as to what is "real" beer. Lagunitas is brewed up Shawn's way, in Petaluma ;)

Posted: Apr 01, 2011 5:00 PM
by nnarth212
The morons should change their name to Petaluma Brewery...

:roll:
cddallara wrote:wtf is ambrosia? :laugh: ...
Image

Hungry? Ask grandma for the recipe.



OH-- more to the point: I had my assistant remove my rear seat to spray PB blaster.

I have two more amplifiers under there.... ON TOP of the damn pins/bolts that need the lubrication lubiricity.

Needless to say my simpleton assistant can't be trusted to touch wires SO I may not be doing my SFB's at this event. May hap I take the nuts off and cruise to napa-- maybe they will loosen up that way...

We shall see. :cry:

Posted: Apr 02, 2011 3:03 AM
by D Unit
F++ck my life!

Soo, I uncharacteristically drive my e28 to work today (110 mile round trip) to ensure my car can make it to NAPA tomorrow morning without any problems. I get to work and return home today smooth as can be. Around 8pm, I head out to the local store to buy marinated carne asada steak to grill, corn tortillas, cilantro, and Coronas in tribute to El Guappo, and again, return home fine. To top it off, I even semi-finished my stereo, component, amp, and sub install so I could have tunes riding up to NAPA! woo hoo.

Then, no longer than ten minutes ago while I was finishing up packing up my car, this sh+t happens! WTF?! I'm no expert mechanic, but it looks like I won't make my very first meet guys... :bawl: Does anyone know how much the repair bill is going to cost to fix my clutch?

Image

Posted: Apr 02, 2011 3:08 AM
by cddallara
um, what is that? you dont need a clutch-play the lights, shift with the motor/tranny in sync, it's all good! or drive another car there- my lifted 4Runner in no way resembles an e28 :laugh:

Posted: Apr 02, 2011 3:15 AM
by D Unit
cddallara wrote:um, what is that? you dont need a clutch-play the lights, shift with the motor/tranny in sync, it's all good! or drive another car there- my lifted 4Runner in no way resembles an e28 :laugh:
"play the lights"... haha.

If it is something as simple as adding more fluid, I might still be able to make it. If not, I'll play the lights.

Posted: Apr 02, 2011 9:54 AM
by brkinshiz
I'm no expert either, but I believe that is your clutch pedal bracket telling you it's left the building. It's a forty dollar part, and it seems its recommended you do the master cylinder as well if it's been a while(or never in your ownership) since its been replaced. Not sure how long it takes to do it...that does major league suck, sorry bro.

Posted: Apr 05, 2011 1:31 AM
by vinceg101
WrenchFest a success! (Or should I say: LubeFest 2011)

Well, the M, my wife and I made it back tonight after spending an extra day in Napa taking in the sights and sipping some wine yesterday. Happy to say all three performed flawlessly and made it through unscathed ;) .

Seriously though, a BIG shout and thanks to Logan, Jay3 and Dave for putting on a great WF and showing the rest of us what mere mortal backyard mechanics we are in their presence. Logan worked like a dog on the bushing R&R, even if the Magic Tool broke on the very first one (way to go Brandon). The first one was the exception as the rest of them went according to plan at about an hour a piece. We even managed to get a few other things done to folks' cars: Rear Pitman Arms x 2, Rear Dif swap to Logan's, oh and let's not forget Brandon's side view mirror (he's so proud of that one).

It was great meeting all the NorCal guys again, even if I did just see some you guys a few weeks before in San Diego. The M535 now has new Rear Sub-Frame Bushings and Pitmans and ran flawlessly up and back. It was a good shake down cruise for 5erWest in July. Can't wait to join most of you guys in the mega-caravan up to Portland.

It's going to take weeks to get all the bugs off the front of the M (nothing like a drive through the Central Valley in spring).