NorCal Sub frame fest

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
D Unit
Posts: 817
Joined: May 18, 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

Post by D Unit »

ElGuappo wrote:First you tell us you are going to bring some Heineken light, but then you say you will bring BEER.

I for one hope you bring BEER.
;)
Logan warned me about you... :laugh:
dcollin
Posts: 1017
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Napa, CA

Post by dcollin »

Tell him you're bringing Bud Lite and some 6 x 9 for his car..if you really want to see him go off.
D Unit
Posts: 817
Joined: May 18, 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

Post by D Unit »

dcollin wrote:Tell him you're bringing Bud Lite and some 6 x 9 for his car..if you really want to see him go off.
done.
ElGuappo
Posts: 8138
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Post by ElGuappo »

Uh Oh, I am getting predictable in my crotchityness....

I had better find something new to complain about... :cool:
cddallara
Posts: 3513
Joined: Apr 03, 2010
Location: Lagunitas, Ca

Post by cddallara »

I'm excited, and I'm not even bringing an e28. Unless Henry smogs it in the next 2 days... Looking forward to learning a bunch, helping somewhat, and picking up my new to me wheels!
nnarth212
Posts: 1953
Joined: Aug 10, 2009
Location: San Francisco

Post by nnarth212 »

cddallara wrote:I'm excited, and I'm not even bringing an e28. Unless Henry smogs it in the next 2 days... Looking forward to learning a bunch, helping somewhat, and picking up my new to me wheels!
Me too! You're bringing the real beer, right?
Mike W.
Posts: 27989
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: California Whine Country

Post by Mike W. »

Lets see, this Saturday. Hmmmm. I'll be in the air most of the day on those glamorous flying busses. Wishing I was at a WF drinking beer. :bawl:
cddallara
Posts: 3513
Joined: Apr 03, 2010
Location: Lagunitas, Ca

Post by cddallara »

nnarth212 wrote:
cddallara wrote:I'm excited, and I'm not even bringing an e28. Unless Henry smogs it in the next 2 days... Looking forward to learning a bunch, helping somewhat, and picking up my new to me wheels!
Me too! You're bringing the real beer, right?
Sure, just fill me in on what that might be. :oops: That way we can avoid the :argue: .

:cool:
brkinshiz
Posts: 209
Joined: Oct 31, 2010
Location: Berkeley, California

Post by brkinshiz »

I can bring water!
nnarth212
Posts: 1953
Joined: Aug 10, 2009
Location: San Francisco

Post by nnarth212 »

SO-- I like to eat...

Colin: dogs and buns

???: famous ambrosia salad...?

???: free hat...?
cddallara wrote:
nnarth212 wrote:
Me too! You're bringing the real beer, right?
Sure, just fill me in on what that might be. :oops: That way we can avoid the :argue: .
You're from where, now? I trust you'll make a wise decision.
ElGuappo
Posts: 8138
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Post by ElGuappo »

As I recall Corey doesn't drink, so he bought beer last time at Shawns with my recommendation at the store...
nnarth212
Posts: 1953
Joined: Aug 10, 2009
Location: San Francisco

Post by nnarth212 »

OH-- OK...

I suppose Cory is on the hook to bring the ambrosia...
cddallara
Posts: 3513
Joined: Apr 03, 2010
Location: Lagunitas, Ca

Post by cddallara »

nnarth212 wrote:OH-- OK...

I suppose Cory is on the hook to bring the ambrosia...
wtf is ambrosia? :laugh: I don't mind bringing beer, just out of the loop as to what is "real" beer. Lagunitas is brewed up Shawn's way, in Petaluma ;)
nnarth212
Posts: 1953
Joined: Aug 10, 2009
Location: San Francisco

Post by nnarth212 »

The morons should change their name to Petaluma Brewery...

:roll:
cddallara wrote:wtf is ambrosia? :laugh: ...
Image

Hungry? Ask grandma for the recipe.



OH-- more to the point: I had my assistant remove my rear seat to spray PB blaster.

I have two more amplifiers under there.... ON TOP of the damn pins/bolts that need the lubrication lubiricity.

Needless to say my simpleton assistant can't be trusted to touch wires SO I may not be doing my SFB's at this event. May hap I take the nuts off and cruise to napa-- maybe they will loosen up that way...

We shall see. :cry:
D Unit
Posts: 817
Joined: May 18, 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

Post by D Unit »

F++ck my life!

Soo, I uncharacteristically drive my e28 to work today (110 mile round trip) to ensure my car can make it to NAPA tomorrow morning without any problems. I get to work and return home today smooth as can be. Around 8pm, I head out to the local store to buy marinated carne asada steak to grill, corn tortillas, cilantro, and Coronas in tribute to El Guappo, and again, return home fine. To top it off, I even semi-finished my stereo, component, amp, and sub install so I could have tunes riding up to NAPA! woo hoo.

Then, no longer than ten minutes ago while I was finishing up packing up my car, this sh+t happens! WTF?! I'm no expert mechanic, but it looks like I won't make my very first meet guys... :bawl: Does anyone know how much the repair bill is going to cost to fix my clutch?

Image
cddallara
Posts: 3513
Joined: Apr 03, 2010
Location: Lagunitas, Ca

Post by cddallara »

um, what is that? you dont need a clutch-play the lights, shift with the motor/tranny in sync, it's all good! or drive another car there- my lifted 4Runner in no way resembles an e28 :laugh:
D Unit
Posts: 817
Joined: May 18, 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

Post by D Unit »

cddallara wrote:um, what is that? you dont need a clutch-play the lights, shift with the motor/tranny in sync, it's all good! or drive another car there- my lifted 4Runner in no way resembles an e28 :laugh:
"play the lights"... haha.

If it is something as simple as adding more fluid, I might still be able to make it. If not, I'll play the lights.
brkinshiz
Posts: 209
Joined: Oct 31, 2010
Location: Berkeley, California

Post by brkinshiz »

I'm no expert either, but I believe that is your clutch pedal bracket telling you it's left the building. It's a forty dollar part, and it seems its recommended you do the master cylinder as well if it's been a while(or never in your ownership) since its been replaced. Not sure how long it takes to do it...that does major league suck, sorry bro.
vinceg101
Posts: 5135
Joined: Jun 20, 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Post by vinceg101 »

WrenchFest a success! (Or should I say: LubeFest 2011)

Well, the M, my wife and I made it back tonight after spending an extra day in Napa taking in the sights and sipping some wine yesterday. Happy to say all three performed flawlessly and made it through unscathed ;) .

Seriously though, a BIG shout and thanks to Logan, Jay3 and Dave for putting on a great WF and showing the rest of us what mere mortal backyard mechanics we are in their presence. Logan worked like a dog on the bushing R&R, even if the Magic Tool broke on the very first one (way to go Brandon). The first one was the exception as the rest of them went according to plan at about an hour a piece. We even managed to get a few other things done to folks' cars: Rear Pitman Arms x 2, Rear Dif swap to Logan's, oh and let's not forget Brandon's side view mirror (he's so proud of that one).

It was great meeting all the NorCal guys again, even if I did just see some you guys a few weeks before in San Diego. The M535 now has new Rear Sub-Frame Bushings and Pitmans and ran flawlessly up and back. It was a good shake down cruise for 5erWest in July. Can't wait to join most of you guys in the mega-caravan up to Portland.

It's going to take weeks to get all the bugs off the front of the M (nothing like a drive through the Central Valley in spring).
Post Reply