** 5erWest 2010 ** - June 5th - Oregon

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
David in Seattle
Posts: 250
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by David in Seattle »

I'm leaving Friday after work, too. I get off around 3:00PM. I'd be happy to have you ride with me, but I have to tell you I'm a smoker...
nnarth212
Posts: 1953
Joined: Aug 10, 2009
Location: San Francisco

Post by nnarth212 »

David in Seattle wrote:...I'd be happy to have you ride with me, but I have to tell you I'm a smoker...
I've a large vinyl bubble and the appropriate plumbing courtesy of the previous burning man... We can put you in it. Once I give it a rinse...
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

nnarth212 wrote:
David in Seattle wrote:...I'd be happy to have you ride with me, but I have to tell you I'm a smoker...
I've a large vinyl bubble and the appropriate plumbing courtesy of the previous burning man... We can put you in it. Once I give it a rinse...
:rofl: :rofl: All I picture in my mind is this...
Image
jay
Posts: 983
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Beaverton, Or

Post by jay »

Who else is getting excited for this? Have so much work to do on the car to get ready for the show and not enough money! :lol:
MShimon
Posts: 960
Joined: Feb 12, 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

Post by MShimon »

I need to get my car running again. Aarggh!
jay
Posts: 983
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Beaverton, Or

Post by jay »

Bay Area caravan thread is going on here.

http://www.baybimmerz.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3612
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 9145
Joined: Apr 13, 2006
Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Contact:

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

jay wrote:Bay Area caravan thread is going on here.

http://www.baybimmerz.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3612
link no worky, no password ;)
jay
Posts: 983
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Beaverton, Or

Post by jay »

Looks like you have to a member to view that section of the forum.
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

70+ registered! Yay! :D
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

A quick UPDATE...
We've got over 70 cars now registered!!

CHASSIS & CAR INFO
2002 1971 2002
e12 1975 5er
e21 1979 320i
e21 Baur
e23 1984 733i
e24 1995 540i
e24 n/a
e24 1985 6er
e24 1989 635csi
e28 1983 533i
e28 1982 525i Euro
e28 1988 M5
e28 1987 528e
e28 1988 535i
e28 1981 M535i
e28 1981 Alpina B7
e28 1988 528e
e28 1985 528i
e28 1984 533
e28 1986 535i
e28 1988 535is
e28 535i
e28 1988 535is
e28 1988 535is
e28 1984 533i
e28 1988 535is
e28 1985 535i
e28 1987 535is
e28 M5
e28 1988 535is
e28 1988 535i
e28 1986 535i
e28 1983 533i
e28 533i
e28 1988 535i
e28 1988 533i
e28 1988 535IS
e28 1987 535is Dinan turbo
e28 1985 535i
e28 1986 535i
e30 1986 325es
e30 1988
e34 1998 540iA Sport
e34 1992 525i
e34 530
e34 1991 M5
e34 n/a
e34 1993 535i
e34 1991 M5
e34 525i
e34 1992 535i
e34 1992 535i
e34 535i
e34 1989 525i
e34 1995 540i
e34 1989 535i
e34 1991 525i
e34 M5 Touring
e34 1989 535
e34 1995 540i
e34 1989 525iA
e36 1998 M3
e39 2001 M5
e39 2001 M5
e39 2003 540M-sport
e39 2001 M5
e39 2003 M5
e39 2003 M5
e46 2004 M3
e60 M5
e60 2006 530i
CSBolger
Posts: 3485
Joined: Nov 27, 2007
Location: Palmdale, CA

Post by CSBolger »

Hmm. If I can justify the day off and the gas, this would be an awesome trip. I could even stay the night in SLO on the way...

Don't add me to the list just yet, but you guys might get some Panzer action if I can find a good enough excuse to roll out.
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

CSBolger wrote:Hmm. If I can justify the day off and the gas, this would be an awesome trip. I could even stay the night in SLO on the way...

Don't add me to the list just yet, but you guys might get some Panzer action if I can find a good enough excuse to roll out.
Let us know... tactical defenses will be deployed. ;)

I really hope you can make it.
pldlnr
Posts: 2221
Joined: Sep 18, 2007
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Post by pldlnr »

CSBolger wrote:Hmm. If I can justify the day off and the gas, this would be an awesome trip. I could even stay the night in SLO on the way...

Don't add me to the list just yet, but you guys might get some Panzer action if I can find a good enough excuse to roll out.
Do it.
jay
Posts: 983
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Beaverton, Or

Post by jay »

That is an impressive list of cars. Can't wait.
SD45T-2

Post by SD45T-2 »

I got my route already planed out.

Phx-SLC JUNE 2
slc-Bosie june 3
Bosie-gladstone june 4
weekend 5ERFEST

:banana:

Anyone, else going to Oregon from these parts?
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

Hook up with MShimon in Boise.

Bring Kohler.... or else.
MShimon
Posts: 960
Joined: Feb 12, 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

Post by MShimon »

Vatoloco wrote:I got my route already planed out.

Phx-SLC JUNE 2
slc-Bosie june 3
Bosie-gladstone june 4
weekend 5ERFEST
Jake D wrote:Hook up with MShimon in Boise.

Bring Kohler.... or else.
Yes, I will be leaving from Boise since that's where I live. You should bring Kohler and hookup here. Good plan, but I was planning on leaving June 3 due to early start time of show. Maybe move up your schedule a day?
SD45T-2

Post by SD45T-2 »

MShimon wrote:
Vatoloco wrote:I got my route already planed out.

Phx-SLC JUNE 2
slc-Bosie june 3
Bosie-gladstone june 4
weekend 5ERFEST
Jake D wrote:Hook up with MShimon in Boise.

Bring Kohler.... or else.
Yes, I will be leaving from Boise since that's where I live. You should bring Kohler and hookup here. Good plan, but I was planning on leaving June 3 due to early start time of show. Maybe move up your schedule a day?
When i spoke to chris,about this last he wasnt sure. Id love to hang with you a few miles, But im gonna be spending some time in the Blue mountains
:banana:
Image
Image

Even with my time,chasing trains id still like to show up a few hours early.. If i have to move up a day, im ok with that.

Does anyone want to split a room?
zachk503
Posts: 31
Joined: Apr 14, 2008

Post by zachk503 »

Vatoloco wrote:1. Jake D - 1986 535i
2. BigMac - 1988 535is
3. ilikemybike - 1988 535is
4. PDX5 - 88 e28
5. GR8BMR - 88 e24
6. pldlnr - 1989 535i (possibly '84 635csi)
7.Joel323 79 323i ( if not then Pldnr's Euro 635csi)
8. John SCB - 1993 535i
9. SeaSean -83 528
10. jay - 88 535is (might bring e34 touring too)
11. PMA - 83 533
12. Eric Q - 88 528e or 84 733i 3.5 or 85 Euro 735i
13. WH - 1981 E12 B7 turbo or 1981 M535i (or both if I can get Peter Florance to fly out)
14. Mike in Seattle - 1988 535i
15. Dinan e28 - 88 535i Dinan S3
16. LandCruzer94 - '88 535is
17. Hello hi hey - 86 535i....FOR SALE!
18. Mshil.mon - 88 M5 and/or 528e(e2i swap)
19. Mike W.- 80 E12, or 00 E39 or 98 E36. (I hope one of the prior) Probable, not firm.
20. John L - 88 M5 and/or 81 e21 or 01 Z3 Coupe
21. Carlos 87 e28, coming from portland
22. Bob in San Jose 95 540i Maybe
23. bornagain - steve in edmonton - 07/83 533i turbo ms
24. euro635gas-John 1984 533i from accross the river
25. Vatoloco 1988 535is "Phx az"
26. zachk503 1984 533i
_________________
derrith
Posts: 2980
Joined: Sep 18, 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA

Post by derrith »

My brother and I will head up either in the e23 or his M535i. Anybody in the Bay Area/Norcal head over to baybimmerz.net, we're organizing a caravan up on Friday.
dcollin
Posts: 1017
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Napa, CA

Post by dcollin »

It's looking like I will be there as well. Wasn't sure, but it's looking like a go. Can't wait to meet the Northwest crew. Going to be fun.
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

derrith wrote:My brother and I will head up either in the e23 or his M535i. Anybody in the Bay Area/Norcal head over to baybimmerz.net, we're organizing a caravan up on Friday.
It may be a good idea to keep the caravan threads on the 5erWest discussion forums.
T_C_D
Posts: 7733
Joined: May 27, 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Contact:

Post by T_C_D »

OK, bought my ticket! Excited to finally meet the NW crew!
jay
Posts: 983
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Beaverton, Or

Post by jay »

T_C_D wrote:OK, bought my ticket! Excited to finally meet the NW crew!
Awesome! It's about damn time. Are you still going to Seattle then driving down?
Bimmerguy2002
Posts: 11973
Joined: Oct 03, 2007
Location: Lodi, California

Post by Bimmerguy2002 »

zachk503 wrote:1. Jake D - 1986 535i
2. BigMac - 1988 535is
3. ilikemybike - 1988 535is
4. PDX5 - 88 e28
5. GR8BMR - 88 e24
6. pldlnr - 1989 535i (possibly '84 635csi)
7.Joel323 79 323i ( if not then Pldnr's Euro 635csi)
8. John SCB - 1993 535i
9. SeaSean -83 528
10. jay - 88 535is (might bring e34 touring too)
11. PMA - 83 533
12. Eric Q - 88 528e or 84 733i 3.5 or 85 Euro 735i
13. WH - 1981 E12 B7 turbo or 1981 M535i (or both if I can get Peter Florance to fly out)
14. Mike in Seattle - 1988 535i
15. Dinan e28 - 88 535i Dinan S3
16. LandCruzer94 - '88 535is
17. Hello hi hey - 86 535i....FOR SALE!
18. Mshil.mon - 88 M5 and/or 528e(e2i swap)
19. Mike W.- 80 E12, or 00 E39 or 98 E36. (I hope one of the prior) Probable, not firm.
20. John L - 88 M5 and/or 81 e21 or 01 Z3 Coupe
21. Carlos 87 e28, coming from portland
22. Bob in San Jose 95 540i Maybe
23. bornagain - steve in edmonton - 07/83 533i turbo ms
24. euro635gas-John 1984 533i from accross the river
25. Vatoloco 1988 535is "Phx az"
26. zachk503 1984 533i
27. Bimmerguy2002 (plus SEB groupie) - 87 535is
_________________
Eta power
Posts: 1416
Joined: Mar 25, 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA

Post by Eta power »

Can you attend 5erWest with out a car? I would like to attend, but my car won't be road worthy by June 5th... thanks.

P.S. Vatoloco, very cool train pictures! UP's armor yellow is a classic. It is very nice to know that there are other train enthusiasts on this forum.
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

Eta power wrote:Can you attend 5erWest with out a car? I would like to attend, but my car won't be road worthy by June 5th... thanks.
ABSOLUTELY!!
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

Update.... 80+ cars now registered.
June is getting close!!! I'm very excited to meet everybody!!
  • 1971 2002
    e12 1975 5er
    e21 Baur
    e21 1981 323i
    e23 1984 733i
    e24 1984 Euro 635csi
    e24 1995 540i
    e24 no info
    e24 1985 6er
    e24 1989 635csi
    e28 1983 533i
    e28 1982 525i Euro
    e28 1988 M5
    e28 1987 528e
    e28 1988 535i
    e28 1981 M535i
    e28 1981 Alpina B7
    e28 1988 528e
    e28 1985 528i
    e28 1984 533
    e28 1986 535i
    e28 1988 535is
    e28 535i
    e28 1988 535is
    e28 1988 535is
    e28 1984 533i
    e28 1988 535is
    e28 1985 535i
    e28 1987 535is
    e28 M5
    e28 1988 535is
    e28 1988 535i
    e28 1986 535i
    e28 1983 533i
    e28 533i
    e28 1988 535i
    e28 1988 533i
    e28 1988 535IS
    e28 1987 535is Dinan turbo
    e28 1985 535i
    e28 1986 535i
    e28 1985 M535i
    e28 1986 535i
    e28 87 535is
    e30 1986 325es
    e30 1988
    e30 1990 325is
    e34 1998 540iA Sport
    e34 1992 525i
    e34 530
    e34 1991 M5
    e34 no info
    e34 1993 535i
    e34 1991 M5
    e34 525i
    e34 1992 535i
    e34 1992 535i
    e34 535i
    e34 1989 525i
    e34 1995 540i
    e34 1989 535i
    e34 525i
    e34 M5 Touring
    e34 1989 535
    e34 1995 540i
    e34 1989 525iA
    e34 1989 ALPINA B10 3.5/1
    e34 1990 535i
    e34 1995 540i
    e36 1998 M3
    e39 2001 M5
    e39 2001 M5
    e39 2003 540M-sport
    e39 2001 M5
    e39 2003 M5
    e39 2003 M5
    e39 2002 540i
    e46 2004 M3
    e60 M5
    e60 2006 530i
Antonio P
Posts: 1
Joined: Apr 27, 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon

another 533i coming from Portland; 481K+ miles

Post by Antonio P »

Jake D wrote:Update.... 80+ cars now registered.
June is getting close!!! I'm very excited to meet everybody!!
  • 1971 2002
    e12 1975 5er
    e21 Baur
    e21 1981 323i
    e23 1984 733i
    e24 1984 Euro 635csi
    e24 1995 540i
    e24 no info
    e24 1985 6er
    e24 1989 635csi
    e28 1983 533i
    e28 1982 525i Euro
    e28 1988 M5
    e28 1987 528e
    e28 1988 535i
    e28 1981 M535i
    e28 1981 Alpina B7
    e28 1988 528e
    e28 1985 528i
    e28 1984 533
    e28 1986 535i
    e28 1988 535is
    e28 535i
    e28 1988 535is
    e28 1988 535is
    e28 1984 533i
    e28 1988 535is
    e28 1985 535i
    e28 1987 535is
    e28 M5
    e28 1988 535is
    e28 1988 535i
    e28 1986 535i
    e28 1983 533i
    e28 533i
    e28 1984 533i <------ 481K+ miles ;)
    e28 1988 535i
    e28 1988 533i
    e28 1988 535IS
    e28 1987 535is Dinan turbo
    e28 1985 535i
    e28 1986 535i
    e28 1985 M535i
    e28 1986 535i
    e28 87 535is
    e30 1986 325es
    e30 1988
    e30 1990 325is
    e34 1998 540iA Sport
    e34 1992 525i
    e34 530
    e34 1991 M5
    e34 no info
    e34 1993 535i
    e34 1991 M5
    e34 525i
    e34 1992 535i
    e34 1992 535i
    e34 535i
    e34 1989 525i
    e34 1995 540i
    e34 1989 535i
    e34 525i
    e34 M5 Touring
    e34 1989 535
    e34 1995 540i
    e34 1989 525iA
    e34 1989 ALPINA B10 3.5/1
    e34 1990 535i
    e34 1995 540i
    e36 1998 M3
    e39 2001 M5
    e39 2001 M5
    e39 2003 540M-sport
    e39 2001 M5
    e39 2003 M5
    e39 2003 M5
    e39 2002 540i
    e46 2004 M3
    e60 M5
    e60 2006 530i
[/b]
brutus87
Posts: 872
Joined: Apr 30, 2009
Location: Portland, Oregon

Post by brutus87 »

David, my buddy 88 E30
Post Reply