What's in your shuffle?

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
C.R. Krieger
Posts: 14507
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Halfway up the left side of Lake Michigan
Contact:

Post by C.R. Krieger »

Erik J wrote:OK< I got my friends Ipod...

1. Rush - Tom Sawyer
2. Rush - Tom Sawyer
3. Rush - Tom Sawyer
4. Aqua - Barbie Girl
5. Rush - Tom Sawyer

Well I guess that explains a couple things....
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Today's somewhat embarrassing list:

Let Me - Paul Revere & the Raiders
Borstal Boys - Faces
More Today Than Yesterday - Spiral Starecase (a '1970 Top 100' selection) :roll:
Waterloo - Abba :oops:
Just Like Me - PR&tR again :?
RoyW
Posts: 2877
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Albany, NY

Post by RoyW »

This is a cool thread 8) ... interesting to see what others have in their iPods. When I put it on shuffle these were the first 5 to play:

Lyle Lovett - Bears
Bob Marlay - Jammin'
Mark Cohn - Walkin' in Memphis
Toni Childs - Don't Walk Away
Pink Floyd - Sorrow

-RoyW
johnnye23
Posts: 5059
Joined: Sep 27, 2006
Location: Auburn Ca
Contact:

Post by johnnye23 »

Okay, this was from a New Years Party mix. :roll:
1. Rock this Town , Stray cats
2. Save a Horse , Big and Rich
3. CrankDat , SoulJaBoy
4. My Humps , Black eye Peas
5. Back in Black , AcDc ( Codys Fav )
Flame On :laugh: :laugh:
Ben
Posts: 1214
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Ben »

Ok new list:

1. Funkybird (Live Bonaroo '02) - Galactic
2. Doublewide - Galatic
3. Dirty Work - Steely Dan
4. Pawnshop - Sublime
5. Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones
Son of a
Posts: 2366
Joined: Jul 17, 2007
Location: Housatonic, MA

Post by Son of a »

Shuffle is the way to go as a general iPod setting, though every now and then it pays to be able to roll your own playlist.

My first 5 on shuffle from a 4 gig Nano.

1) Pink Moon - Nick Drake
2) Half Asleep - Ben Folds Five
3) Tangerine - Led Zeppelin
4) Liquor Store - Less Than Jake
5) Clint Eastwood - Gorillaz
ledfoot87
Posts: 341
Joined: May 17, 2007
Location: marin county, CA
Contact:

Post by ledfoot87 »

Bimmerguy2002 wrote:i dont have an ipod, thus i win at life.
/thread

where the hell would you use an ipod in the first place? if you listened to one at a job you would get your ass fired so fast.
Actually, I listen to my ipod in the car or when I'm walking anywhere and my customers at both cafes are extremely thankful I have an ipod because thats what THEY listen to. When I walk into work, I plug my ipod into the stere. I've spent the last year perfecting a 3 day long playlist that sets the perfect mood in my cafe and I just leave it on shuffle. Plus I'm always adding or taking away from it whenever I get new music. Trust me, they aren't useless if you like a wide variety of music. I have a huge library in a little square I can carry in my back pocket.
henrynh
Posts: 313
Joined: Aug 07, 2006

Post by henrynh »

Rhapsody in Blue (Gershwin)
Malmo (The Album Leaf)
Linus and Lucy (Vince Guaraldi Trio)
Walz II From Jass Suite No. 2 (Shostakovich)
Walz op. 64 No.2 (performed by Daniel Stenway)
Von Hier an Blind (Wir Sind Helden)

Anyone know any good German music?

Happy motoring!
-H
wkohler
Posts: 50941
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

99 Luftballons?
Kraftwerk?
C.R. Krieger
Posts: 14507
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Halfway up the left side of Lake Michigan
Contact:

Post by C.R. Krieger »

henrynh wrote:Anyone know any good German music?
I've heard that Bach and Beethoven were German ... :?

But neither shows up today:

New York Mining Disaster 1941 - The Bee Gees
All the Way From Memphis - Ian Hunter
Had Me A Real Good Time - Faces
Telephone Line - Electric Light Orchestra
Daybreaker - Electric Light Orchestra (my iQue apparently has trouble grasping the concept of 'random' :roll: )
Sixdown
Posts: 162
Joined: Jan 22, 2008
Location: Potomac, Maryland

Post by Sixdown »

I've got a weird taste, but here goes:

10 Years - Cast it Out
Kraftwerk - Autobahn
Puddle of Mudd - Blurry
Oasis - Cast No Shadow
Muse - Map of the Problematique
C.R. Krieger
Posts: 14507
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Halfway up the left side of Lake Michigan
Contact:

Post by C.R. Krieger »

Having loaded a bunch of stuff more reflective of my taste, here is this morning's list:

Sparks - The Who (Chicago, 8 Dec. 1979) :heehee:
Do Ya - Electric Light Orchestra
5:15 - The Who (same as above, 2 days after the Cleveland show I saw)
Massachusetts - The Bee Gees
Maggie May - Faces (BBC live)
pdx 528e
Posts: 3034
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Idaho Falls, ID

Post by pdx 528e »

Today's random 5:

The Knife - You Make Me Like Charity
Mike Doughty - All The Dirt
Radiohead - Backdrifts
Royksopp - Clean Sweep
The Flaming Lips - In The Morning Of The Magicians
wkohler
Posts: 50941
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

C.R. Krieger wrote:Having loaded a bunch of stuff more reflective of my taste, here is this morning's list:

Sparks - The Who (Chicago, 8 Dec. 1979) :heehee:
Do Ya - Electric Light Orchestra
5:15 - The Who (same as above, 2 days after the Cleveland show I saw)
Massachusetts - The Bee Gees
Maggie May - Faces (BBC live)
That's actually a pretty good list!

Here's a new one from me:
Love and Rock and Roll - Greg Kihn
Get Down - Gilbert O'Sullivan
Feels So Good - Chuck Mangione
Cruel to be Kind - Nick Lowe
Working Man - Rush
marks
Posts: 396
Joined: May 24, 2007
Location: SE Alabama

Post by marks »

wkohler wrote:99 Luftballons?
Kraftwerk?
Scorpions?

OK, mine

The Rage...Judas Priest
3x5...John Mayer
Pity for a dime...Creed
Rockville...REM
Topless...Br. Benjamin
Tim in N FL
Posts: 7392
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: North Central Florida, USA
Contact:

Post by Tim in N FL »

Let's see here...pretty eclectic right now. I'll stick to my CD changer because there's way too much on my iPod to mention.

Audioslave - 2nd studio release
Harry James - The King James Edition
The Killers - debut release
Dwight Yoakam - Dwight LIVE
Wilco - Sky Blue Sky & Being There (disc 2)

Here's to good music! :beer:
Tim
Son of a
Posts: 2366
Joined: Jul 17, 2007
Location: Housatonic, MA

Post by Son of a »

Here's another 5 from me. I was surprised at the first one, then I realized it was from the Garden State soundtrack.

Lebanese Blonde -- Thievery Corporation
Rockin' in the Free World -- Neil Young (Live with Eddie Vedder)
The General -- Dispatch
Mad World -- Gary Jules
Stop Thinkin' -- James Taylor
RoyW
Posts: 2877
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Albany, NY

Post by RoyW »

Man... I'm getting old :roll: :( When I look at a lot of the responses by many of our Mye28 family members in this thread (probably the younger members, I'd guess) I don't recognize either the song or the artist on any or most of those listed :oops:

I better pay a visit to my teenage grand-daughters and get caught up on some of the latest tunes & artists, or switch over from the Classic Rock, Country, or Sirrus Spectrum stations I generally listen to and get with it ;)

Rock & Roll will never die... but what its transitioned into is lost on me I guess!!

-RoyW
Mark 88/M5 Houston
Posts: 8548
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Far North Houston

Post by Mark 88/M5 Houston »

RoyW wrote:
Man... I'm getting old :roll: :( When I look at a lot of the responses by many of our Mye28 family members in this thread (probably the younger members, I'd guess) I don't recognize either the song or the artist on any or most of those listed :oops:

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, I know I'm dating myself with that phrase, but I also know you will "get" it.;)
I better pay a visit to my teenage grand-daughters and get caught up on some of the latest tunes & artists
That will just make your head hurt and you probably won't be able to understand the lyrics, I know I can't. :roll:
Kameix1
Posts: 765
Joined: Nov 18, 2009

Post by Kameix1 »

Mark 88/M5 Houston wrote:RoyW wrote:
Man... I'm getting old :roll: :( When I look at a lot of the responses by many of our Mye28 family members in this thread (probably the younger members, I'd guess) I don't recognize either the song or the artist on any or most of those listed :oops:

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, I know I'm dating myself with that phrase, but I also know you will "get" it.;)
I better pay a visit to my teenage grand-daughters and get caught up on some of the latest tunes & artists
That will just make your head hurt and you probably won't be able to understand the lyrics, I know I can't. :roll:
New music is all clicks and whistles now-a-day Anyway, your not missing much.
C.R. Krieger
Posts: 14507
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Halfway up the left side of Lake Michigan
Contact:

Post by C.R. Krieger »

Today's. I wonder how all that Boston escaped yesterday's set - as well as how all The Who, ELO, and Faces missed the cut today ...

Smokin' - Boston (live at the Cleveland Agora - 1976)
More Today Than Yesterday - Spiral Starecase :oops: (1970 Top 100)
I Started A Joke - The Bee Gees
Don't Be Afraid - Boston (same as above; "off our forthcoming album"*)
The Golden Age of Rock & Roll - Ian Hunter/Mick Ronson live

* It only took 'em another two years ... :roll:
ledfoot87
Posts: 341
Joined: May 17, 2007
Location: marin county, CA
Contact:

Post by ledfoot87 »

but the funny thing is, the clicking and whistling started in the 60's and 70's. Strawberry fields? the vast majority of it is done on a melodron, early version of a synth- each key is assigned a tape head, you loop your own tape. listen to the bells and whistles in bitches brew. it ain't new, it's just not done as well anymore....

btw, whats with the lack of beatles in all your lists?
wkohler
Posts: 50941
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

It's a Mellotron.

Honestly, I think we've heard about enough of the Beatles. They were good, but they weren't the world's greatest band.
C.R. Krieger
Posts: 14507
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Halfway up the left side of Lake Michigan
Contact:

Post by C.R. Krieger »

Jeez, I lay off for a couple of days and you guys let my thread die.

Bump:

Too Bad - Faces
Touch-A, Touch-A, Touch-A, Touch Me - Susan Sarandon (from the Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack)
Mr. Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra
Betty Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes
The Punk & the Godfather - The Who (live - Chicago 1979)
Bimmerguy2002
Posts: 11973
Joined: Oct 03, 2007
Location: Lodi, California

Post by Bimmerguy2002 »

R Kelly feat Dave Chappelle: Piss on you
Michael Jackson feat. Snoop Dog: Jin and Jesus Juice
Michael Jackson feat Aaliyah: Age aint nothing but a number
Michael Jackson feat Tupac: Toss it up (salad remix)
Michael Jackson feat Boys II Men: Ill make love to you
Michael Jackson feat Roman Polanski: Beat it
FastFiver
Posts: 1716
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: The murder mitten

Post by FastFiver »

"Michael Jackson feat Tupac: Toss it up (salad remix) "


Wat.
C.R. Krieger
Posts: 14507
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Halfway up the left side of Lake Michigan
Contact:

Post by C.R. Krieger »

ledfoot87 wrote:btw, whats with the lack of beatles in all your lists?
Simple. I don't have any loaded. Like today:

Cleveland Rocks - Ian Hunter (live) :heehee:
A Quick One While He's Away - The Who (1969 live)
First of May - The Bee Gees
Maggie May - Faces (live BBC)
Thorn In My Side - The Eurythmics
wkohler
Posts: 50941
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

1.) Alan Parsons Project - (The System Of) Doctor Tarr And Professor Fether
2.) Klaatu - True Life Hero
3.) Sarah McLaughan - Adia
4.) Tears for Fears - Head Over Heels
5.) When in Rome - The Promise
Tammer in Philly
Posts: 10719
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: CHI, IL

Post by Tammer in Philly »

The 3/26/08 installment:

Lemonheads - Being Around
Uncle Tupelo - Still be Around
Kings of Convenience - Homesick
Bob Dylan - Buckets of Rain
Elliott Smith - Stupidity Tries

-tammer
Elektrotechnik
Posts: 94
Joined: Mar 16, 2006
Location: Haverhill, MA

Post by Elektrotechnik »

1> Bobby Peru - Into The Feeling
2> AFX - Cilonen
3> Adult. - Glue Your Eyelids Together
4> Junior Senior - Dynamite
5> Shiny Toy Guns - Don't Cry Out
C.R. Krieger
Posts: 14507
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Halfway up the left side of Lake Michigan
Contact:

Post by C.R. Krieger »

Harvester of Eyes - Blue Öyster Cult
Television Politician - Boston (live, Cleveland, 1976)
Someone Like You - Michael Stanley Band
I've Gotta Get A Message To You - The Bee Gees
One of the Boys - Ian Hunter/Mick Ronson Band
Post Reply