Page 3 of 3
Re: New Dashboards
Posted: Dec 02, 2016 12:39 PM
by wkohler
Where's the tray?
Re: New Dashboards
Posted: Dec 02, 2016 12:53 PM
by alpinass
Deleted tray
That is where the failure area is...material pulls with glue and stitched. L6's had the same problem.
I just did a dashboard for a M6 - came out Bitch'in
-- Added 02 Dec 2016 18:04 --

Re: New Dashboards
Posted: Dec 02, 2016 2:03 PM
by LeiseyJr
I dislike the look without the tray, but looks like good work on the vinyl.
Re: New Dashboards
Posted: Dec 02, 2016 2:46 PM
by alpinass
Tray serves no purpose. The dash has a clean look. The material is excellent too.
Re: New Dashboards
Posted: Dec 02, 2016 3:17 PM
by Bimmerguy2002
I put my drink in the dash tray and make sure to shift the weight of the car carefully when under throttle and braking to keep the drink upright. Its purpose was to learn the cars' weight distribution for the big gulp stored there.
Re: New Dashboards
Posted: Dec 02, 2016 4:56 PM
by dukmon
You guys are funny.............
-- Added Dec 02, 2016 4:57 PM --
One day I'll get around to figuring how to post a photo of my worthless 535is in my signature line.
Until then.......
Re: New Dashboards
Posted: Dec 13, 2016 10:49 AM
by fred633
Got an email saying they are tooling up for a run for MB the first of the year and would not be able to make my run. I did not realize I was on the clock to get this batch made.
Re: New Dashboards
Posted: Dec 14, 2016 7:14 PM
by alpinaguy
Actually like it without the tray Nice work . I'd prefer leather though if youre going to the trouble of doing a dash
Re: New Dashboards
Posted: Dec 14, 2016 7:15 PM
by wkohler
fred633 wrote:Got an email saying they are tooling up for a run for MB the first of the year and would not be able to make my run. I did not realize I was on the clock to get this batch made.
That's a bummer. Too bad it was the only thing keeping it from happening.

Re: New Dashboards
Posted: Feb 27, 2017 6:55 PM
by fred633
Ended up getting a used dash so I would not have to deal with a whole batch.

Re: New Dashboards
Posted: Feb 28, 2017 12:35 AM
by DiseaseWithNoCure
wkohler wrote:fred633 wrote:Got an email saying they are tooling up for a run for MB the first of the year and would not be able to make my run. I did not realize I was on the clock to get this batch made.
That's a bummer. Too bad it was the only thing keeping it from happening.

Still cracking up hours later about "Fred and his Internet buddies" holy shit.
I actually admire and respect the effort but just too many unknowns and risks...if we were talking injection molding license plate screw nuts, sure - might happen but the dash is a whole different animal.