New Dashboards

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: New Dashboards

Post by wkohler »

Where's the tray?
alpinass
Posts: 2977
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Long Beach, CA>

Re: New Dashboards

Post by alpinass »

Deleted tray
That is where the failure area is...material pulls with glue and stitched. L6's had the same problem.
I just did a dashboard for a M6 - came out Bitch'in

-- Added 02 Dec 2016 18:04 --

Image
Image
Image
Image
LeiseyJr
Posts: 1566
Joined: Dec 22, 2013
Location: Houston,Tx

Re: New Dashboards

Post by LeiseyJr »

I dislike the look without the tray, but looks like good work on the vinyl.
alpinass
Posts: 2977
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Long Beach, CA>

Re: New Dashboards

Post by alpinass »

Tray serves no purpose. The dash has a clean look. The material is excellent too.
Bimmerguy2002
Posts: 11973
Joined: Oct 03, 2007
Location: Lodi, California

Re: New Dashboards

Post by Bimmerguy2002 »

I put my drink in the dash tray and make sure to shift the weight of the car carefully when under throttle and braking to keep the drink upright. Its purpose was to learn the cars' weight distribution for the big gulp stored there.
dukmon
Posts: 60
Joined: Aug 06, 2016
Location: Greenville, SC

Re: New Dashboards

Post by dukmon »

You guys are funny.............

-- Added Dec 02, 2016 4:57 PM --

One day I'll get around to figuring how to post a photo of my worthless 535is in my signature line.

Until then.......
fred633
Posts: 279
Joined: Apr 20, 2016
Location: GA

Re: New Dashboards

Post by fred633 »

Got an email saying they are tooling up for a run for MB the first of the year and would not be able to make my run. I did not realize I was on the clock to get this batch made.
alpinaguy
Posts: 251
Joined: Jul 05, 2014

Re: New Dashboards

Post by alpinaguy »

Actually like it without the tray Nice work . I'd prefer leather though if youre going to the trouble of doing a dash
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: New Dashboards

Post by wkohler »

fred633 wrote:Got an email saying they are tooling up for a run for MB the first of the year and would not be able to make my run. I did not realize I was on the clock to get this batch made.
That's a bummer. Too bad it was the only thing keeping it from happening. :(
fred633
Posts: 279
Joined: Apr 20, 2016
Location: GA

Re: New Dashboards

Post by fred633 »

Ended up getting a used dash so I would not have to deal with a whole batch.

Image
DiseaseWithNoCure
Posts: 94
Joined: Jan 29, 2017
Location: Madison, WI

Re: New Dashboards

Post by DiseaseWithNoCure »

wkohler wrote:
fred633 wrote:Got an email saying they are tooling up for a run for MB the first of the year and would not be able to make my run. I did not realize I was on the clock to get this batch made.
That's a bummer. Too bad it was the only thing keeping it from happening. :(
Still cracking up hours later about "Fred and his Internet buddies" holy shit.

I actually admire and respect the effort but just too many unknowns and risks...if we were talking injection molding license plate screw nuts, sure - might happen but the dash is a whole different animal.
Post Reply