Page 2 of 2
Posted: Nov 28, 2011 10:45 PM
by Rich in Tupelo
Jeremy wrote:Maybe I'm just overly sensitive on certain subjects. There's isn't much that gets to me but that one managed to raise my blood pressure a notch.
I would suggest lisinopril 5mg to start and increase dosage as necessary... monitoring your blood pressure is important as it could lead to more serious stuff...

life is short... too short to let this stuff stress you out...
Posted: Nov 28, 2011 11:04 PM
by Rich in Tupelo
Cactus wrote:Who cares how big the turnout is? Who cares if we use the 5erfest name for something that didn't live up to last year's event? There's no award for going to every 5erfest ever held. If you miss out on one of them, big frickin' deal.
Now that we have that out of the way, why don't we focus on trying to make something happen, and focus on trying to make that something as fun as we can manage? I don't get why the 5erfest name is so sacred, and shouldn't be tarnished with an event that isn't better than the one preceding. Isn't the point to get a bunch of friends together to have a good time? Does it matter if Spaten doesn't send us some girls and beer? Ok, maybe that was a bad example, I'd miss that a lot. But really, we can still make the event fun if people pitch in.
Not to be cynical but if the past years are any indication, for the most part people would prefer to throw out idea's, let someone else do the work, then may or may not show up. I think the first few years it was more of a group effort but you may find that many of us are burned out and would prefer to do shows that are more inclusive of other models or just get together as a smaller group and hang out without having to have any type of show, etc..
On a different note but still relating to shows...
One of the reasons I think Tedfest has grown and is so great is the fact that even while growing in size, it still seems to have the feel of hanging out with friends in a driveway on any given weekend or holiday. It's the most fun my dad and I have had at any show in years. It was worth 1000 miles in a Z3... each way...