Page 2 of 2

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 4:05 PM
by Cooperman
The New World Translation is a direct translation from the original Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic that has repeatedly earned the accolades of top scholars for its accuracy.

Great Bible, and available in 102 languages.

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 8:51 PM
by funfunfer
When I was in the bookselling business some years back, I preferred the KJV from Oxford Publishing. In particular, I was extremely fond of the red and green leather bound copies. They smelled much sweeter than the black bindings.
oh. TMI? sorry.

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 9:02 PM
by Jeremy
Thanks, guys. This place never fails to impress with its breadth of knowledge.

Thanks also for keeping the drama away.

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 10:15 PM
by TSMacNeil
Yes...it's the reason I'm here. Admittedly, it is challenging to balance the emotions of so many bright people from all backgrounds....but it seems to work here.

On that note- I was out today to buy some spare parts for the e34 from a nice guy I met briefly on BFC. He was parting a 525i.
I rolled up in my 533 and we got down to some small talk before business. I told him I'm really an e28 guy, and spend most my time on this site. (although we met at BFC)

He politely said:
"well, that's really the site to be on...the knowledge there is hard to beat...There's a lot more there than other places"

No shit

You guys rock.

And I'm also glad this thread didn't go south...
;)

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 10:47 PM
by podgorny
TSMacNeil wrote: And I'm also glad this thread didn't go south...
;)

I'm fine with the Bible. Just don't get me started on Christian Bands!

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 10:48 PM
by TSMacNeil
podgorny wrote:
TSMacNeil wrote: And I'm also glad this thread didn't go south...
;)

I'm fine with the Bible. Just don't get me started on Christian Bands!
:rofl: :rofl:

Agreed!
Why do you suppose I'm no Deacon anymore!

Couldn't give up my Zeppelin....and all the rest.

Posted: Nov 18, 2011 8:35 AM
by 1st 5er

Posted: Nov 18, 2011 8:38 AM
by Brian in TN
STRYPER ftw. :rockon:

Posted: Nov 18, 2011 9:11 AM
by 1st 5er
Resurrection Band. Not my cup of tea, but they've been there for 25 +/- years.

Posted: Nov 18, 2011 9:25 AM
by oldskool
Reggae is very fulfilling spiritually for me.

Posted: Nov 18, 2011 9:32 AM
by davintosh
1st 5er wrote:Resurrection Band. Not my cup of tea, but they've been there for 25 +/- years.
And don't forget Randy Stonehill. Norman, Res Band & Stonehill have been my favorites since I don't want to admit when... They don't make music like that much anymore.

Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image

Hoping this isn't the devolution that concerned you at the outset, Jeremy; just good clean Jesus-freak fun! ;)

Posted: Nov 18, 2011 9:52 AM
by T_C_D
oldskool wrote:Reggae is very fulfilling spiritually for me.
+1

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 6:29 PM
by 524tdAviator
Here's a good one:

Image