Most natural Bible translation?

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Cooperman
Posts: 909
Joined: Apr 17, 2009
Location: Fayetteville, AR

Post by Cooperman »

The New World Translation is a direct translation from the original Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic that has repeatedly earned the accolades of top scholars for its accuracy.

Great Bible, and available in 102 languages.
funfunfer
Posts: 715
Joined: Oct 03, 2009
Location: Montgomery, TX

Post by funfunfer »

When I was in the bookselling business some years back, I preferred the KJV from Oxford Publishing. In particular, I was extremely fond of the red and green leather bound copies. They smelled much sweeter than the black bindings.
oh. TMI? sorry.
Jeremy
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 15846
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Connecticut

Post by Jeremy »

Thanks, guys. This place never fails to impress with its breadth of knowledge.

Thanks also for keeping the drama away.
TSMacNeil
Posts: 7014
Joined: Jan 22, 2009
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Post by TSMacNeil »

Yes...it's the reason I'm here. Admittedly, it is challenging to balance the emotions of so many bright people from all backgrounds....but it seems to work here.

On that note- I was out today to buy some spare parts for the e34 from a nice guy I met briefly on BFC. He was parting a 525i.
I rolled up in my 533 and we got down to some small talk before business. I told him I'm really an e28 guy, and spend most my time on this site. (although we met at BFC)

He politely said:
"well, that's really the site to be on...the knowledge there is hard to beat...There's a lot more there than other places"

No shit

You guys rock.

And I'm also glad this thread didn't go south...
;)
podgorny
Posts: 414
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Contact:

Post by podgorny »

TSMacNeil wrote: And I'm also glad this thread didn't go south...
;)

I'm fine with the Bible. Just don't get me started on Christian Bands!
TSMacNeil
Posts: 7014
Joined: Jan 22, 2009
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Post by TSMacNeil »

podgorny wrote:
TSMacNeil wrote: And I'm also glad this thread didn't go south...
;)

I'm fine with the Bible. Just don't get me started on Christian Bands!
:rofl: :rofl:

Agreed!
Why do you suppose I'm no Deacon anymore!

Couldn't give up my Zeppelin....and all the rest.
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

Brian in TN
Posts: 4615
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by Brian in TN »

STRYPER ftw. :rockon:
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

Resurrection Band. Not my cup of tea, but they've been there for 25 +/- years.
oldskool
Posts: 12001
Joined: Jul 13, 2008
Location: coastal north carolina
Contact:

Post by oldskool »

Reggae is very fulfilling spiritually for me.
davintosh
Posts: 13965
Joined: Jan 28, 2009
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Contact:

Post by davintosh »

1st 5er wrote:Resurrection Band. Not my cup of tea, but they've been there for 25 +/- years.
And don't forget Randy Stonehill. Norman, Res Band & Stonehill have been my favorites since I don't want to admit when... They don't make music like that much anymore.

Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image

Hoping this isn't the devolution that concerned you at the outset, Jeremy; just good clean Jesus-freak fun! ;)
T_C_D
Posts: 7733
Joined: May 27, 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Contact:

Post by T_C_D »

oldskool wrote:Reggae is very fulfilling spiritually for me.
+1
524tdAviator
Posts: 344
Joined: Nov 05, 2011
Location: San Diego, CA

Post by 524tdAviator »

Here's a good one:

Image
Post Reply