Page 2 of 2

Posted: Nov 14, 2011 11:05 AM
by T_C_D
Duke wrote:
KillerPM wrote:Roll bar mandatory in all cars running 11.00 (*7.00) to 11.99 (*7.49) and in convertibles running 11.00 (*7.00) to 13.99 (*8.59),
I have a roll bar. KCIR let me run top down like the Cobras'. Not sure I want the top up at 116 MPH, may be much more dangerous if something lets go.
All NHRA roll cages are now 6pt. Call before buying and hauling slicks all the way to TO.

Posted: Nov 14, 2011 11:07 AM
by Duke
T_C_D wrote:All NHRA roll cages are now 6pt. Call before buying and hauling slicks all the way to TO.
Could get at least 1 run in ;) Will give them a call before I start to spend money on wheels and slicks.

Posted: Nov 14, 2011 11:16 AM
by TurboChris
I've always had a nice german car and a big truck. Lift em or lower em, I love them both.

I have a big Suburban now, before that, I was into diesel pretty heavily. Here's my F250 I had for 7 years.

It was NOT slow.

Image

There are TONS of daily driven street trucks running in the low 11's in the 1320, some with lifts and offroad tires, some in the 10's. No joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4OdnSDU ... re=related

Posted: Nov 14, 2011 2:05 PM
by alijonny
Xenocide wrote:
Bimmerguy2002 wrote:The truck then pulled away, covering the tiger in soot....


Duke's face after said incident

Image
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Avoidance ended when he started talking about it on an internet forum. Not that I wouldn't try the same thing, but call it what it is Image

Yeesh! You guys act like him posting this stuff is something new!

Posted: Nov 15, 2011 12:04 AM
by S14
wkohler wrote:
alijonny wrote:I didn't read it as a race, I read it as "I am avoiding getting soot blown into/all over my car". That is situation avoidance, not racing.
I read it like this, too. Not sure why everyone is jumping down his throat...
I read it like this three. And I hate those bro-trucks that dump soot at every stoplight. I got sooted one day in my M5 just after I had washed it... I wanted to drop kick the fag.

Posted: Nov 15, 2011 12:46 AM
by David B
There is a late model F350 crew cab rolling around Savannah thats lowered, one rear tire inside each of the dually flares, really wide. I don't know much about it other than it runs high 11's and is propane injected. The truck has ladder racks and he is a painting contractor, kinda funny. Reminds me of the sweedes that ran a Volvo wagon in the silver state hwy run and finished first in their class with bikes on the roof. I had a 93 W350 mil-spec 12v cummins and it was really slow. Nice tiger I bet it's a blast, especially the sound.