WTB Shawn D Aux VDO set up.

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
Jordanmilos
Posts: 68
Joined: Jul 29, 2008
Location: Northern VA
Contact:

Post by Jordanmilos »

So, I looked around for some "dogbones", all of the sexy ones are gone... I was scalded by a co-worker who felt that my comment about pricing was on the mean side. I have the benefit of having the machines and scrap metal at my disposal so cost is much lower on my side. My apologies to Moosehead if the comment was on the rude side, it was not my intent.
mooseheadm5
Posts: 23035
Joined: Apr 08, 2009
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Contact:

Post by mooseheadm5 »

I didn't think it rude. As always there are other options on the market. Some are more DIY than others, and sometimes stuff goes NLA and, of course, there are economies of scale. No worries. I look forward to seeing the gauge solution.
Jordanmilos
Posts: 68
Joined: Jul 29, 2008
Location: Northern VA
Contact:

Post by Jordanmilos »

Jays535is wrote:I have the tooling and CNC program's (HAAS) for a center dash mount unit that I made in school. Theres 3 members that have one.

Who's got a CNC mill, Jordan?


Image
VirtualGibbs! Been running it for 8 years now... I actually made a display that used Cyberdyne digital gauges in one of the vents. We were trying to mimic the Alpina gauges. I hogged out the vent and slip fit a plastic holder. The gentleman who has it did the electrical work and put the digital displays inside the vent, having the rest of the gauge parts in a hobby box. I'll have to dig up the prototypes...
m-racer
Posts: 5274
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Tampa Bay Florida

Post by m-racer »

Jordanmilos wrote:I'll probably go with the VDO Vision gauges. The Auto Meter gauges are twice the cost and don't do it for me in terms of matching the interior. I'll have something within the next few weeks at the latest.
Let me know. Since I started the thread, I am obviously interested. In my case, I have working AC andwant to keep it that way. Would prefer VDO classics but could live with visions.
Post Reply