Isn't Memorial Weekend the Traditional Weekend for....

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
L_N_Love
Posts: 4106
Joined: Jun 19, 2008
Location: Richmond VA

5erFest in Richmond, VA?

Post by L_N_Love »

I think a 5erFest in Richmond, VA would be a great location. We have Brown's Island which is in downtown Richmond: http://www.brownsisland.com/. The British car club here has had their annual event there many times.

I would be willing to take the lead on organizing the event if there is enough interest. I am sure it would include fees to the city and guaranteed minimum income to the host hotel. The hotel prospects are favorable and essentially beside the Brown's Island site.

Is there any interest in pursuing this idea? I am a banker with the same company for nearly 32 years. I have never taken a penny that wasn't mine. I would need to have some funds upfront to prevent monkey business. I would have the funds managed independently by a reputable 3rd party with open books. I am not going to front my credit card #.
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 22377
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Contact:

Post by Shawn D. »

Personally, I don't care for Memorial Day weekend events, nor do I care for Memorial Day sales events at malls/big-boxes, whatever. I prefer to commemorate the weekend appropriate to the nomenclature.
Post Reply