Page 2 of 2

Posted: Apr 19, 2011 7:30 AM
by WilNJ
Tammer in Philly wrote:There is nothing special or rare about the vast majority of E28s
Rare in what sense? I've gone months without seeing an E28. Granted, I'm in the Northeast and they have a tougher time surviving here, but they're hardly common
Tammer in Philly wrote:in most hands, would be crusher fodder.
Well, he's found this place so it's obviously not most hands. He recognizes something special about the E28 that's brought him here, same as the rest of us.
Tammer in Philly wrote:I'd be irritated if someone were to take a pristine M5 or a 100k-mile 535i with a great body and healthy motor and shove an LS1 in, but this project and that one are miles apart.
Why? In the end, there's no real difference except initial cost? No one is going to pay $10,000 for that 535i and tear into because it would be a waste of money but philosphically, how is it any different?