Grinds my gears...

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
KillerPM
Posts: 3201
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Post by KillerPM »

austin8753 wrote:I love that it's called a touring :rofl:
Hah, I missed that one...
austin8753
Posts: 1552
Joined: May 16, 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA

Post by austin8753 »

All sorts of fucking win on this one:

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/2378165254.html
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

I hate slushboxes, but then again, the gears don't grind, so...
rmiddendorf
Posts: 5568
Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Post by rmiddendorf »

gas guzzler (witch saves alot of gass) this car gets about 16-46 mpg...has a banded title!
:rofl:
austin8753
Posts: 1552
Joined: May 16, 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA

Post by austin8753 »

rmiddendorf wrote:
gas guzzler (witch saves alot of gass) this car gets about 16-46 mpg...has a banded title!
:rofl:
I liked that one myself. I also like his fail "///M" badges on the roundels.
rmiddendorf
Posts: 5568
Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Post by rmiddendorf »

Since I'm ranting...

Image

Why do we need to put the image date on the photo? Seriously, if the clock is set correctly in your camera (and it would need to be to stamp the date on the picture anyway) you don't need the date image actually on the photo. But you want to know when you took the picture, you say? The info is already there, sometimes two or more times! Its in the basic file data for the date the file was created, then it should be in the metadata built into the image file, and even if you edit the photo that metadata should still remain with the edited image unless you purposefully turned it off.

Plus it looks tacky and in the way.

And that's what grinds my gears.

I sure am grouchy this week...
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

Glad you're not this way all month.
rmiddendorf
Posts: 5568
Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Post by rmiddendorf »

1st 5er wrote:Glad you're not this way all month.
Yeah I kinda opened the door for ya on that one... heck I even installed a motorized power chair so you didn't even have to walk through. You only had a hit a few buttons...
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

rmiddendorf wrote:
1st 5er wrote:Glad you're not this way all month.
Yeah I kinda opened the door for ya on that one... heck I even installed a motorized power chair so you didn't even have to walk through. You only had a hit a few buttons...
While it's open...
Sure glad it's happening now and not the end of the month, The V and RTT. :rofl:
rmiddendorf
Posts: 5568
Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Post by rmiddendorf »

1st 5er wrote:Sure glad it's happening now and not the end of the month, The V and RTT. :rofl:
I have no doubt that the V and RTT will be able to put me in a good mood no matter what else is happening! :D
slammin_e28
Posts: 6140
Joined: Aug 05, 2007
Location: 24477

Post by slammin_e28 »

It's not a "snowflake switch". It's the A/C button. Geezus....
ldsbeaker
Posts: 6134
Joined: Mar 25, 2007
Location: Slicktop City, AZ
Contact:

Post by ldsbeaker »

huh? :roll:
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

slammin_e28 wrote:It's not a "snowflake switch". It's the A/C button. Geezus....
ldsbeaker wrote:huh? :roll:
It's what grinds his gears, what grinds yours?
ldsbeaker
Posts: 6134
Joined: Mar 25, 2007
Location: Slicktop City, AZ
Contact:

Post by ldsbeaker »

1st 5er wrote:
slammin_e28 wrote:It's not a "snowflake switch". It's the A/C button. Geezus....
ldsbeaker wrote:huh? :roll:
It's what grinds his gears, what grinds yours?
oooaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!

Little slow there, sorry. I even read every post in the thread, but failed to link that he was the OP. Now I get it.

Allright, I'm gonna go get my crayons and coloring book now. :oops:
rmiddendorf
Posts: 5568
Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Post by rmiddendorf »

Ya know what else grinds my gears? The fact that I can no longer just plop '535i'* into a search and get clean results. Now I get more 2007 and newer models in a search and I must grind through those. Even if I just search for BMW I'm constantly momentarily excited when I see 535i only to be let down when I discover that after that it says 2008.

And that's what grinds my gears.

I have this itch still for an M30B35 powered device with a 5-speed, mostly of the E24 and E34 variety.
davintosh
Posts: 13965
Joined: Jan 28, 2009
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Contact:

Post by davintosh »

rmiddendorf wrote:Ya know what else grinds my gears? The fact that I can no longer just plop '535i'* into a search and get clean results. Now I get more 2007 and newer models in a search and I must grind through those. Even if I just search for BMW I'm constantly momentarily excited when I see 535i only to be let down when I discover that after that it says 2008.

And that's what grinds my gears.

I have this itch still for an M30B35 powered device with a 5-speed, mostly of the E24 and E34 variety.
On CL I'll usually just add a price qualifier to the search; minimum $10 / maximum $10,000. That weeds out the newer cars and those without a price listed. Still it would be nice for sellers to list that their car is an e34 or e24 or whatever. Heck, it'd be nice if they'd just tell you what transmission the car has, or post photos that tell you something about the car (instead of telling you what kind of idiot the owner is. :roll: )
Cactus
Posts: 4991
Joined: Jun 06, 2010
Location: Dayton, OH

Post by Cactus »

You know what really, really grinds my gears? When you see a car listed as an automatic and it has flappy paddles, or worse, just steptronic. I got really excited because I thought I found a 2006 maserati quattroporte for 25k with a stickshift. What I actually found was an automatic with hail damage.
Mike W.
Posts: 27986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: California Whine Country

Post by Mike W. »

davintosh wrote:
rmiddendorf wrote:Ya know what else grinds my gears? The fact that I can no longer just plop '535i'* into a search and get clean results. Now I get more 2007 and newer models in a search and I must grind through those. Even if I just search for BMW I'm constantly momentarily excited when I see 535i only to be let down when I discover that after that it says 2008.

And that's what grinds my gears.

I have this itch still for an M30B35 powered device with a 5-speed, mostly of the E24 and E34 variety.
On CL I'll usually just add a price qualifier to the search; minimum $10 / maximum $10,000. That weeds out the newer cars and those without a price listed. Still it would be nice for sellers to list that their car is an e34 or e24 or whatever. Heck, it'd be nice if they'd just tell you what transmission the car has, or post photos that tell you something about the car (instead of telling you what kind of idiot the owner is. :roll: )
Yep, same thing except I will usually use number repeats since I'm lazy, like $44 and $4444. Which I'll edit up to $6666 if I don't see anything.

If they don't list a price I assume they don't want to sell it and if they don't want to sell it I'm not going to try to force them.
Post Reply