Am I crazy for wanting this e39 M5?

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
rlomba8204
Posts: 4869
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Washington, DC

Post by rlomba8204 »

LandCruzer94 wrote:
oldskool wrote:Why not just turbo charge your E28 and save yourself a lot of heartache? Dollar per dollar a much wiser investment and all of us will like you then.
LOL so you're sayin you guys don't like me now?

I may just take the plunge.
Glad to hear you listen to good advice. Remind me to ignore the next time you request it. Thanks!
chrism
Posts: 1411
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ct

Post by chrism »

Ummm, not the car's fault.

alijonny wrote: I never did get it running right.
rmiddendorf
Posts: 5568
Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Post by rmiddendorf »

I have no idea other than the ad, and no affiliation with the car or company, but if its an E39 you want this is as close to an M5 as you'll get at less than $8500:

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ctd/2182813910.html
LandCruzer94
Posts: 2043
Joined: Jan 24, 2009
Location: Simi Valley, California

Post by LandCruzer94 »

rlomba8204 wrote:
LandCruzer94 wrote:
oldskool wrote:Why not just turbo charge your E28 and save yourself a lot of heartache? Dollar per dollar a much wiser investment and all of us will like you then.
LOL so you're sayin you guys don't like me now?

I may just take the plunge.
Glad to hear you listen to good advice. Remind me to ignore the next time you request it. Thanks!
I meant take the plunge on the turbo, not the M5
djazz
Posts: 2541
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Foat Wuth, Texas

Post by djazz »

Now if you are seriously wanting one cheap, I would seriously consider this high miles, documented, M5 boardmember owned example:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sale-w ... ost1995330
LandCruzer94
Posts: 2043
Joined: Jan 24, 2009
Location: Simi Valley, California

Post by LandCruzer94 »

Wow there we go, that is a nice one :). Good find!
CSBM5
Posts: 586
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Greenville, SC

Post by CSBM5 »

djazz wrote:Now if you are seriously wanting one cheap, I would seriously consider this high miles, documented, M5 boardmember owned example:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sale-w ... ost1995330
I drove Tom's M5 last month, and it is in amazing condition for the mileage. If someone told you it had 100k miles, you would be shocked, but when you see the mileage, it's hard to believe. Tom has had an open checkbook on the car since new, and it shows. I think he once told me he washed the wheels every day to clean off brake dust.

The car drives very nicely, and I enjoyed it as it's been years since my car was stock, so I had forgotten how nice a totally stock M5 drove. Cosmetically the car is in unreal condition, inside and out. There is a braking vibration in the wheel, but since his thrust bushings are new, and it has recent pads/rotors, I'm thinking it's either pad deposits on the rotors are possibly wheel bearings (which are original I believe). He's tried bedding the pads multiple times, but it keeps coming back. Anyway, an easy problem to fix.

It's going to be in a feature article in the Roundel sometime soon.
Post Reply