Page 2 of 2

Posted: Nov 30, 2010 1:38 AM
by Ricky535
To the OP. Have you taken her to the range for some familiarization? Have her get some trigger time to get used to the recoil and become comfortable with the firearm.

Posted: Nov 30, 2010 2:40 AM
by davintosh
Mark 88/M5 Houston wrote:As a followup on the shotgun:
There is absolutely nothing more frightening and intimidating than the sound of a 12 gauge pump shotgun chambering a round in the dark if you aren't the one racking the slide. :rofl:
Funny you should mention that; I just introduced my kids to the Trunk Monkey commercials from way back, and this one had my youngest son rolling on the floor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YLmh5iDIhw

An excellent demonstration of the power of a round being chambered. :rofl:

Posted: Nov 30, 2010 8:09 AM
by Shawn D.
davintosh wrote:Funny you should mention that; I just introduced my kids to the Trunk Monkey commercials from way back, and this one had my youngest son rolling on the floor...
The anti-theft one is my favorite. ;)

Posted: Nov 30, 2010 9:16 AM
by Brad D.
Shawn D. wrote:
davintosh wrote:Funny you should mention that; I just introduced my kids to the Trunk Monkey commercials from way back, and this one had my youngest son rolling on the floor...
The anti-theft one is my favorite. ;)
Agreed!

Posted: Nov 30, 2010 11:23 PM
by llubahn
JeepJockey wrote:
Shawn D. wrote:Y'all do know that there are revolver shotguns, right?
My wife saw the Judge in one of my American Rifleman and said she wanted one of those instead of her 9mm. We went to the gun shop and she changed her mind once she held one, they are pretty massive in person. I want to buy one just to shoot sporting clays.
i used a judge for fishing. it'll put a 150 lbs halibut out like a light. everyone seems to have them in alaska.

Posted: Dec 01, 2010 12:24 AM
by Brad D.
I have shot a Judge with both various .410 loads and .45 Colt rounds and while the recoil is brisk, it's not unbearable at all. However, for an inexperienced shooter male or female, this could be a fairly difficult firearm to handle. As a general personal protection pistol, I can think of far better pistols, but it definitely is fun to shoot. Remember a firearm is like anything else that required a specific skill - practice is required to get it to perform, especially when the balloon goes up.

Posted: Dec 01, 2010 12:42 AM
by mooseheadm5
I just watched the Judge video. I must find and shoot one of those. There would definitely be some serious mess if you had to pull that trigger but you don't have to aim for shit.