Page 2 of 2

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 6:28 PM
by 1st 5er
funfunfer wrote:I'm READY!
I went ahead and booked a room at the Brookstown Inn (mostly because it is not the headquarters venue) but will bail on that to whatever becomes the RTT site. Sherman - you've got a place to crash.

Grabbed the 1st Vintage Caravan forum slot. No route set.

BROOKSTOWN INN
200 Brookstown Avenue
Winston Salem, NC 27101
$90 (per night plus tax) includes breakfast, mention BMW car show
YOU MUST CALL TO GET THE SPECIAL RATE.
Toll Free: 800.845.4262
Phone: 336.725.1120
www.brookstowninn.com
SPECIAL RATES GO AWAY APRIL 25th
I like having friends in high places. :D

Posted: Apr 08, 2011 1:55 AM
by alijonny
sooo, I was totally thinking about going to this...It's going to be like 1400 miles round trip just coming and going. Is this gonna be good or what? I need a place to stay so I should probably get to deciding this soon.
Will there be plenty of socializing and drinking like 5erfest 09? this is a deciding factor.

Posted: Apr 08, 2011 2:54 AM
by 1st 5er
alijonny wrote:sooo, I was totally thinking about going to this...It's going to be like 1400 miles round trip just coming and going. Is this gonna be good or what? I need a place to stay so I should probably get to deciding this soon.
Will there be plenty of socializing and drinking like 5erfest 09? this is a deciding factor.
1400 miles...
Last year we did 3,656.5 miles round trip..
Image

Drinking? Does a bear poo in the woods?

Posted: Apr 08, 2011 10:23 AM
by mooseheadm5
alijonny wrote: Will there be plenty of socializing and drinking like 5erfest 09? this is a deciding factor.
There will be beer. There will be socializing, and there will be at least 10 E28 M5s according to the registrations!

Posted: Apr 08, 2011 11:53 AM
by LA
Let's invite the guys from 13 Bones in Mt Airy - damn those were good ribs!

Posted: Apr 08, 2011 12:14 PM
by alijonny
mooseheadm5 wrote:
alijonny wrote: Will there be plenty of socializing and drinking like 5erfest 09? this is a deciding factor.
There will be beer. There will be socializing, and there will be at least 10 E28 M5s according to the registrations!
You don't say.:banana: I am thinking about bringing the Z3, not for show of course but it is slowly becoming "vintage". Then you guys can see how silly I look in it. ;)

Posted: Apr 08, 2011 2:36 PM
by mooseheadm5
You'll have to let my wife drive it.

Posted: Apr 09, 2011 5:55 PM
by Greg E34
alijonny wrote:
mooseheadm5 wrote:
alijonny wrote: Will there be plenty of socializing and drinking like 5erfest 09? this is a deciding factor.
There will be beer. There will be socializing, and there will be at least 10 E28 M5s according to the registrations!
You don't say.:banana: I am thinking about bringing the Z3, not for show of course but it is slowly becoming "vintage". Then you guys can see how silly I look in it. ;)
Sweet! Hope you can make it! Vance and I will be there with plenty of socialization / drinking ala 5er Fest 2009!

Posted: Apr 09, 2011 6:50 PM
by Nebraska_e28
Greg E34 wrote:
alijonny wrote:
mooseheadm5 wrote:
alijonny wrote: Will there be plenty of socializing and drinking like 5erfest 09? this is a deciding factor.
There will be beer. There will be socializing, and there will be at least 10 E28 M5s according to the registrations!
You don't say.:banana: I am thinking about bringing the Z3, not for show of course but it is slowly becoming "vintage". Then you guys can see how silly I look in it. ;)
Sweet! Hope you can make it! Vance and I will be there with plenty of socialization / drinking ala 5er Fest 2009!
Will the drunk crew that made the 3am strip club run be there also??? :rofl:

Posted: Apr 09, 2011 8:19 PM
by Greg E34
Nebraska_e28 wrote: Will the drunk crew that made the 3am strip club run be there also??? :rofl:
Ha! Forgot about that (and only found out about it the next morning!) What about the guys that were playing music in the back parking lot?

BTW Ali, only 1282 miles for me.

Posted: Apr 09, 2011 8:36 PM
by tsmall07
mooseheadm5 wrote:
alijonny wrote: Will there be plenty of socializing and drinking like 5erfest 09? this is a deciding factor.
There will be beer. There will be socializing, and there will be at least 10 E28 M5s according to the registrations!
We were almost accosted by some girl at Chili's because we* were so loud and drunk.







*Ok, it was mostly me. :laugh:

Posted: Apr 09, 2011 8:46 PM
by mooseheadm5
tsmall07 wrote: We were almost accosted by some girl at Chili's because we* were so loud and drunk.
*Ok, it was mostly me. :laugh:
I'm not sure I believe that story.

Posted: Apr 09, 2011 9:12 PM
by a
I'll miss Mt Airy, I liked the set up. But if Scott chooses the venue, it will be good. Last 3 have been first rate. I cant wait to see y'all and all your fine old cars. 10 M5s , eh? How many will we be fixing this yr? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Posted: Apr 09, 2011 9:44 PM
by tsmall07
mooseheadm5 wrote:
tsmall07 wrote: We were almost accosted by some girl at Chili's because we* were so loud and drunk.
*Ok, it was mostly me. :laugh:
I'm not sure I believe that story.
You don't remember the woman coming up and yelling at us/me for being so loud?

Posted: Apr 09, 2011 9:56 PM
by mooseheadm5
tsmall07 wrote:
mooseheadm5 wrote:
tsmall07 wrote: We were almost accosted by some girl at Chili's because we* were so loud and drunk.
*Ok, it was mostly me. :laugh:
I'm not sure I believe that story.
You don't remember the woman coming up and yelling at us/me for being so loud?
I haven't been to a Chili's with you there.

Posted: Apr 09, 2011 10:00 PM
by tsmall07
mooseheadm5 wrote:
tsmall07 wrote:
mooseheadm5 wrote:
tsmall07 wrote: We were almost accosted by some girl at Chili's because we* were so loud and drunk.
*Ok, it was mostly me. :laugh:
I'm not sure I believe that story.
You don't remember the woman coming up and yelling at us/me for being so loud?
I haven't been to a Chili's with you there.
Oh, I thought you were there.

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 2:29 AM
by Shawn D.
tsmall07 wrote:
mooseheadm5 wrote:
tsmall07 wrote:
mooseheadm5 wrote:
tsmall07 wrote: We were almost accosted by some girl at Chili's because we* were so loud and drunk.
*Ok, it was mostly me. :laugh:
I'm not sure I believe that story.
You don't remember the woman coming up and yelling at us/me for being so loud?
I haven't been to a Chili's with you there.
Oh, I thought you were there.
So, if she did yell at you, how is that "almost" accosted?

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 3:05 AM
by alijonny
Greg E34 wrote:
alijonny wrote:
mooseheadm5 wrote:
alijonny wrote: Will there be plenty of socializing and drinking like 5erfest 09? this is a deciding factor.
There will be beer. There will be socializing, and there will be at least 10 E28 M5s according to the registrations!
You don't say.:banana: I am thinking about bringing the Z3, not for show of course but it is slowly becoming "vintage". Then you guys can see how silly I look in it. ;)
Sweet! Hope you can make it! Vance and I will be there with plenty of socialization / drinking ala 5er Fest 2009!
where are you guys staying?

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 10:33 AM
by tsmall07
Shawn D. wrote:
tsmall07 wrote:
mooseheadm5 wrote:
tsmall07 wrote:
mooseheadm5 wrote: I'm not sure I believe that story.
You don't remember the woman coming up and yelling at us/me for being so loud?
I haven't been to a Chili's with you there.
Oh, I thought you were there.
So, if she did yell at you, how is that "almost" accosted?
Ok. I guess I was accosted.

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 10:33 AM
by skip535i
Tyler,

The Chili's outing was friggin awesome. Paul, however, was not there. Matt Rowlins, Jeremy, Brian, Christy, Pat, Jen, Matt and his wife, you, and I were there, though. Yes, we had been drinking ALLLL day. Then we started drinking "El Presidente'" margaritas and it got loud. VERY LOUD.

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 6:30 PM
by Greg E34
alijonny wrote:where are you guys staying?
We will be at the Hawthorne.

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 6:44 PM
by Brian in TN
Greg E34 wrote:
alijonny wrote:where are you guys staying?
We will be at the Hawthorne.
:banana: :alright: :cool: :beer: :rockon:

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 6:49 PM
by Greg E34
Brian in TN wrote:
Greg E34 wrote:
alijonny wrote:where are you guys staying?
We will be at the Hawthorne.
:banana: :alright: :cool: :beer: :rockon:
Mmmmm. More of that good 5er Fest 2009 ambiance! :banana:

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 7:17 PM
by alijonny
well, I'm not staying at the Hawthorne because apparently EVERYONE is staying there. No vacancies. boo.

eh, starting to become un-motivated...

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 7:38 PM
by Nebraska_e28
alijonny wrote:well, I'm not staying at the Hawthorne because apparently EVERYONE is staying there. No vacancies. boo.

eh, starting to become un-motivated...
Let me know where you end up at. Mike & myself may ride down together, but we're unsure of an arrival date.

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 7:50 PM
by Greg E34
alijonny wrote:well, I'm not staying at the Hawthorne because apparently EVERYONE is staying there. No vacancies. boo.

eh, starting to become un-motivated...
Come on Ali! Don't let that stop you! I am certain we can get someone with a reservation kicked out, arrested, etc. We can throw up a tent in the parking lot, you can sleep in the touring, we will make it work! You and Mike too LJ!

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 7:55 PM
by alijonny
lol. doin it on the cheap. sleeping in the parking lot. I will be "security"

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 7:58 PM
by funfunfer
alijonny wrote:well, I'm not staying at the Hawthorne because apparently EVERYONE is staying there. No vacancies. boo.

eh, starting to become un-motivated...
I'm still holding onto a reservation at the Brookstone Inn
You might check there. if they don't have anything, I will release my room. Looks like I won't be able to fit this year into the schedule.