Page 2 of 2

Oldie but a goodie

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 12:27 PM
by EE TWO EIGHT
Just made a trade yesterday for this. 19971 R60/5, 30K original

Image

Re: Oldie but a goodie

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 1:51 PM
by Mark in Toronto
EE TWO EIGHT wrote:Just made a trade yesterday for this. 19971 R60/5, 30K original

Image
Very nice score! Straight up trade? Are you no longer in the dual sport scene as a result of the trade?

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 3:20 PM
by EE TWO EIGHT
Ill build or buy another one soon as I can. I am going to be in resto mode with the R100RS I pickup (finally) on Friday. I am in Airhead mode now....

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 10:23 AM
by cmill95
Here is my airhead. It's a '63 r27.

Image

It was my birthday present from my wife last year after returning from afghanistan. Yeah, she's a keeper.

Image[/img]

One more, kinda nice area to ride.

Image

The wife's moto guzzi also.

Image

Posted: Aug 31, 2010 3:13 PM
by EE TWO EIGHT
Sweet! I'll bet she (the bike) as quirkier than my 60/5...which is only kinda quirky!

Posted: Sep 01, 2010 12:16 AM
by cmill95
ya know, with the mikuni carb instead of the bing unit, 2 or 3 kicks and Hans starts right up. ready to go. still trying to dial it in tho. it seems like i can't go anywhere without being stopped and talked to about where i got it, what it is, and other stuff.

i'm going to start lookin for an early 70's r90 for a cafe-bobber hybrid style project. somthing that has more than 18 horses!

Posted: Oct 23, 2010 9:56 PM
by Kramer
I've got two /6's and a R1100GS, the airheads always raise questions and comments. Most people have never seen one before, one Harley rider asked me where I put my feet.

Posted: Oct 24, 2010 12:19 AM
by C.R. Krieger
Kramer wrote:I've got two /6's and a R1100GS, the airheads always raise questions and comments. Most people have never seen one before, one Harley rider asked me where I put my feet.
A: "On the ground, since there's no oil to make me slip and fall."

Posted: Oct 24, 2010 12:23 AM
by slammin_e28
C.R. Krieger wrote:
Kramer wrote:I've got two /6's and a R1100GS, the airheads always raise questions and comments. Most people have never seen one before, one Harley rider asked me where I put my feet.
A: "On the ground, since there's no oil to make me slip and fall."
That has got to be my favorite line of the day! I hate Harleys....