Any BMW Airhead motorcycles owners here?

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
EE TWO EIGHT
Posts: 269
Joined: Aug 10, 2010
Location: The outback of the southwest

Oldie but a goodie

Post by EE TWO EIGHT »

Just made a trade yesterday for this. 19971 R60/5, 30K original

Image
Mark in Toronto
Posts: 2442
Joined: Feb 14, 2008
Location: Toronto

Re: Oldie but a goodie

Post by Mark in Toronto »

EE TWO EIGHT wrote:Just made a trade yesterday for this. 19971 R60/5, 30K original

Image
Very nice score! Straight up trade? Are you no longer in the dual sport scene as a result of the trade?
EE TWO EIGHT
Posts: 269
Joined: Aug 10, 2010
Location: The outback of the southwest

Post by EE TWO EIGHT »

Ill build or buy another one soon as I can. I am going to be in resto mode with the R100RS I pickup (finally) on Friday. I am in Airhead mode now....
cmill95
Posts: 4
Joined: Aug 08, 2009

Post by cmill95 »

Here is my airhead. It's a '63 r27.

Image

It was my birthday present from my wife last year after returning from afghanistan. Yeah, she's a keeper.

Image[/img]

One more, kinda nice area to ride.

Image

The wife's moto guzzi also.

Image
EE TWO EIGHT
Posts: 269
Joined: Aug 10, 2010
Location: The outback of the southwest

Post by EE TWO EIGHT »

Sweet! I'll bet she (the bike) as quirkier than my 60/5...which is only kinda quirky!
cmill95
Posts: 4
Joined: Aug 08, 2009

Post by cmill95 »

ya know, with the mikuni carb instead of the bing unit, 2 or 3 kicks and Hans starts right up. ready to go. still trying to dial it in tho. it seems like i can't go anywhere without being stopped and talked to about where i got it, what it is, and other stuff.

i'm going to start lookin for an early 70's r90 for a cafe-bobber hybrid style project. somthing that has more than 18 horses!
Kramer
Posts: 9
Joined: Oct 09, 2010
Location: East Ridge, TN

Post by Kramer »

I've got two /6's and a R1100GS, the airheads always raise questions and comments. Most people have never seen one before, one Harley rider asked me where I put my feet.
C.R. Krieger
Posts: 14507
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Halfway up the left side of Lake Michigan
Contact:

Post by C.R. Krieger »

Kramer wrote:I've got two /6's and a R1100GS, the airheads always raise questions and comments. Most people have never seen one before, one Harley rider asked me where I put my feet.
A: "On the ground, since there's no oil to make me slip and fall."
slammin_e28
Posts: 6140
Joined: Aug 05, 2007
Location: 24477

Post by slammin_e28 »

C.R. Krieger wrote:
Kramer wrote:I've got two /6's and a R1100GS, the airheads always raise questions and comments. Most people have never seen one before, one Harley rider asked me where I put my feet.
A: "On the ground, since there's no oil to make me slip and fall."
That has got to be my favorite line of the day! I hate Harleys....
Post Reply