Loose change and cell phones

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Bimmerguy2002
Posts: 11973
Joined: Oct 03, 2007
Location: Lodi, California

Post by Bimmerguy2002 »

hmmm for small things, like a cell phone or an ipod may be able to fit under the shift boot.....nobody can get in the trunk if you lock it...it would take a LOT of time and force to get in there without the key.
oldskool
Posts: 12001
Joined: Jul 13, 2008
Location: coastal north carolina
Contact:

Post by oldskool »

Bimmerguy2002 wrote:Better question, where does everyone hide their firearms?
Let's see. . . Waistband, glovebox, trunk, underseat and ankle holster. I have issues, I know.
RonW
Posts: 5324
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Long Island, NY

Post by RonW »

I keep change in a plastic change holder in my glove box. I have an E-ZPass, so I never need change for tolls, so the change just sits there. It's full, so any other change I just keep in my pocket. I have a sheepskin seat cover, so if the change falls out of my pocket it just stays in the seat.
And I don't own a cell phone.
snakebrain wrote:...does anyone have any clever ideas for reasonably accessible spots to hide small items of value round the car if you have to leave them there.
Above the glove box.
Behind the plastic shroud next to the glove box.
Tucked up under either front seat.
Inside either front seat back.
Under the back seat cushion.
In the tool kit.
Above the trunk lid lining.
Under the air filter inside the housing.
Under the large central dashboard vent.
Under the ashtray.
If you have a standard transmission, under the shift lever boot.
Above the active check control.
Behind the carpet covering the power antenna.
Behind the taillight access cover.
Behind the fuel filler flap.
In the spare tire well.
Inside the triangular chock.
Under the horn button.
In the rear door ashtrays.
Under the rear speaker grills.
Patrick McHugh
Posts: 4163
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by Patrick McHugh »

My change in one of my e28's goes nicely in the change holder near the e brake, in the other one it falls out of my pocket and goes under the seat.
C.R. Krieger
Posts: 14507
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Halfway up the left side of Lake Michigan
Contact:

Post by C.R. Krieger »

I don't carry change unless I got it by paying cash for something - which is rare. I have an IPass for tolls.

My phone goes into my pocket (which is why change doesn't go there) and my new stereo bluetooth headphones (burning some credit card rewards points that would otherwise have expired) cover listening to internet radio, MP3s, the navigation lady, and phone calls. The 'skip' button works for Pandora and for music.

As much as I hate to admit it, I am now a real booster of bluetooth devices for those who insist on using a phone in the car. They may be all last decade passé, but dammit, they do the job and allow you to keep your hands on the wheel and your head able to turn to see around you. Yes; talking on a bluetooth is a distraction, but no more so than having someone in the car. If you're one of those people who is dumb enough to make eye contact while talking in the car, bluetooth is even safer.
nnarth212
Posts: 1953
Joined: Aug 10, 2009
Location: San Francisco

Post by nnarth212 »

C.R. Krieger wrote:... If you're one of those people who is dumb enough to make eye contact while talking in the car, bluetooth is even safer.
My sister does this regularly-- it makes my butt pucker.

I think she does it to tease me. Which is worse.
Coldswede
Posts: 6859
Joined: Oct 10, 2008
Location: Back U.P. North,. Where the water's blue, the wind is free and seasons four.

Post by Coldswede »

Phone goes in the glove box where I can ignore it. Quarters go in the ashtray. All else goes in driver door pocket until I wash the car (Or God forbid, I actually need it).
Post Reply