Back from 5erWest...alive surprisingly O_O

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
cvillebimmer
Posts: 2043
Joined: May 29, 2008
Location: Charlottesville, VA

Post by cvillebimmer »

Yikes! I'm glad you are okay.

I still vividly relive an accident I witnessed 15 years ago. It's like I have still pictures permanently stuck in my head. The feeling will fade with time.
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 22379
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Contact:

Post by Shawn D. »

WOW -- I'm very glad you're OK! I've come close to dozing off a couple of times and it's scared the crap out of me.
TSMacNeil
Posts: 7014
Joined: Jan 22, 2009
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Post by TSMacNeil »

Glad all is well....must be good living on your part.
Be safe buddy.
wkohler
Posts: 50941
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

RonP wrote:Ha! God punished you for not returning my email of phone call. Glad your are okay.
I replied to your Wed e-mail from my phone on Thursday! Did you send another? Didn't know you called, though. I'll have to go through the voicemails.
Adam W in MN
Posts: 5055
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Don't waste my motherf***in' time!
Contact:

Post by Adam W in MN »

holy shit man, sucks about the car, glad you're ok though. :cry:
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

I do not like this thread. :(

I do like the part where you did NOT die. Thanks for putting THAT part in there. ;)
jay
Posts: 983
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Beaverton, Or

Post by jay »

Holy crap Chris. Glad you are ok and your car made it through this ordeal.

I fell asleep once in my 528e, went off the road and only suffered a blown out tire. These e28s do pretty well off roading!
Zach716
Posts: 1376
Joined: Sep 02, 2009
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Contact:

Post by Zach716 »

damn. glad your okay too. hope u get the stench out and every thing is an easy fix!
Mark 88/M5 Houston
Posts: 8548
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Far North Houston

Post by Mark 88/M5 Houston »

Been there done that; in a '66 bug. I definitely learned my lesson that trip and now power nap anytime I feel close to dropping off.

Glad you came thru in one piece and the car is no worse than it is.
PMA
Posts: 277
Joined: Apr 08, 2007
Location: Portland, OR

Post by PMA »

Wait, so that tiny euro bumper actually held up? Save this exciting stuff for germantown rd! Glad to hear you're alright, as for the car, that'll buff out ;)
wkohler
Posts: 50941
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

Since my car is a couple of inches lower than a stock E28, it didn't really hit the bumper. More the tail lamp than anything. The rubber strip on the bumper is done, but it was already crappy.

Funny you mention Germantown road. My 533 was in a ditch at the top thanks to black ice, but I told you that already!
PMA
Posts: 277
Joined: Apr 08, 2007
Location: Portland, OR

Post by PMA »

I guess i was thinking of a different kind of barrier, the ones that are wider at the bottom. Germantown claimed my friend Eric's 533i back in high school too. I avoid that road. It was his first drive after getting it back up and running on the freshly rebuilt engine, with increased compression. His car was toast, but the motor made it out fine.
wkohler
Posts: 50941
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

It takes me forever to fall asleep now. Last night was horrible and I was dead tired. Tonight isn't going so well, either. It's just an endless replay of waking up going off the road and then essentially a vivid replay of the event. It's terrifying.
PMA
Posts: 277
Joined: Apr 08, 2007
Location: Portland, OR

Post by PMA »

Gotta find some kind of distraction. I've got a little touchscreen sudoku puzzle thing, when I need to sleep it works after about 1.5 puzzles.
Das_Prachtstrasse
Posts: 5616
Joined: Sep 10, 2006
Location: Melbourne, Doooown Under

Post by Das_Prachtstrasse »

Xanax.

In all seriousness, glad to hear that you and the car escaped relatively unscathed. You live, you learn ey.
TSMacNeil
Posts: 7014
Joined: Jan 22, 2009
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Post by TSMacNeil »

wkohler wrote:It takes me forever to fall asleep now. Last night was horrible and I was dead tired. Tonight isn't going so well, either. It's just an endless replay of waking up going off the road and then essentially a vivid replay of the event. It's terrifying.
Post traumatic stress. I've suffered from it after a few "interesting events" in my flying career. It'll go away.
Normally, I'd suggest Ambien to doze off, but it's known to stimulate the subconscious...so that'd be bad for you right now.

Try to reduce your mental stimulation as much as possible for a few hours before you go horizontal.

* I found a CD particularly helpful...(laugh all you want, it works) You gotta get out in front of this, because soon, you just stress about the fact your not sleeping...the cycle is complete.

"Music for Zen Meditation"
-Tony Scott


(You can play it for free on Rhapsody without even buying it, but it's the best $7 I have ever spent) Put it on repeat, turn it down, lights out...and go to bed...
euro635gas
Posts: 1085
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Oregon

Post by euro635gas »

Man that sucks and it wasn't even raining. You'll never do that again.

In my youth I flipped 3 cars. The one that still disturbs me was the 67 Type 2 Bus. Upon flipping I was ejected out of the passenger door landing on my ass as I gained a sense of where I was the Bus was tilting on its passenger wheels and came down and kissed my nose then some how it popped back up and landed on all four wheels.

That was my last wreck or for that matter anykind of driving violation. I figure I've been as close as I want to get to the other world.
Post Reply