Page 2 of 2
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 8:40 PM
by Manny D.
wkohler wrote:
I like the E23/4 ones myself. Hood opens plenty wide - and they're designed for a BMW!
The saab ones are the same opening length but open with alot less lifting, Actually none.
Honestly Chris, When you are at the yard you should grab a set. You will like em.
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 8:42 PM
by wkohler
Manny D. wrote:wkohler wrote:
I like the E23/4 ones myself. Hood opens plenty wide - and they're designed for a BMW!
The saab ones are the same opening length but open with alot less lifting, Actually none.
Honestly Chris, When you are at the yard you should grab a set. You will like em.
I tried them already. Like 3 days before you started selling them. I wasn't sold on them so I put my E23/4 ones back in.
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 8:43 PM
by Manny D.
wkohler wrote:Manny D. wrote:wkohler wrote:
I like the E23/4 ones myself. Hood opens plenty wide - and they're designed for a BMW!
The saab ones are the same opening length but open with alot less lifting, Actually none.
Honestly Chris, When you are at the yard you should grab a set. You will like em.
I tried them already. Like 3 days before you started selling them. I wasn't sold on them so I put my E23/4 ones back in.
Just curious.. What didnt you like about them?
Was it that they came from a saab?
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 8:44 PM
by wkohler
Manny D. wrote:wkohler wrote:Manny D. wrote:wkohler wrote:
I like the E23/4 ones myself. Hood opens plenty wide - and they're designed for a BMW!
The saab ones are the same opening length but open with alot less lifting, Actually none.
Honestly Chris, When you are at the yard you should grab a set. You will like em.
I tried them already. Like 3 days before you started selling them. I wasn't sold on them so I put my E23/4 ones back in.
Just curious.. What didnt you like about them?
Was it that they came from a saab?
Yep. You got it. Also, I don't like the hood opening too quickly.
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 9:46 AM
by shagrath
wkohler wrote:Manny D. wrote:wkohler wrote:Manny D. wrote:wkohler wrote:
I like the E23/4 ones myself. Hood opens plenty wide - and they're designed for a BMW!
The saab ones are the same opening length but open with alot less lifting, Actually none.
Honestly Chris, When you are at the yard you should grab a set. You will like em.
I tried them already. Like 3 days before you started selling them. I wasn't sold on them so I put my E23/4 ones back in.
Just curious.. What didnt you like about them?
Was it that they came from a saab?
Yep. You got it. Also, I don't like the hood opening too quickly.
x2
Posted: Jan 24, 2009 2:16 PM
by jw767
Why is there so much critisism here? I think ROCKETS "leaux" ass car is cool, although I wouldn't slam mine that far. And I think a reverse hood on a E28 would be cool too even though I wouldn't spend the time to do it on my own car. Whether I dont want it for my own car is beside the point... The first time I posted on this site, I got blasted for what wheel/tire combo I like on MY ride. You guys that like your cars a little more plain dont catch hell for it.. To each there own.
Posted: Jan 24, 2009 8:31 PM
by Coldswede
I'm not "Blasting" anyone, I've had both opening styles. The E23 was great working on but I didn't ever have to get into the radiator area, AC would have been hard I think. The E28 system is much simpler and lighter, I suppose that is why it was adapted.
Folks here tend to be conservative in their body mods, but then e28's are pretty awesome stock so I can understand that. (Hell, I endorse it)
If you want to to make your hood tip to the front ... Do it. It's like the Great Mono-Wiper debate, some will love it some will hate it. But if you do a workman like job everyone will respect it.

Posted: Jan 24, 2009 8:50 PM
by Shawn D.
jw767 wrote:You guys that like your cars a little more plain dont catch hell for it.. To each there own.
To each where own?
There's a difference between being non-plain and ridiculous-looking. Understand that?
Posted: Jan 24, 2009 11:57 PM
by Scottinva
Shawn D. wrote:jw767 wrote:You guys that like your cars a little more plain dont catch hell for it.. To each there own.
To each where own?
There's a difference between being non-plain and ridiculous-looking. Understand that?
I agree.
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 12:48 AM
by jw767
Sorry..to each THEIR own. Meaning if someone likes their stuff different than the way you like yours, get off their back..understand? And since you weren't clear either, what exactly is ridiculous looking? The lowrider or the reverse hood?
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 1:01 AM
by Scottinva
jw767 wrote:Sorry..to each THEIR own. Meaning if someone likes their stuff different than the way you like yours, get off their back..understand? And since you weren't clear either, what exactly is ridiculous looking? The lowrider or the reverse hood?
The reverse hood, is completely stupid. It would be ugly, a waste of time and money, and if anything, it would just get in the way. The lowered car, has disadvantages but it actually has an upside, for him its aesthetics, and better handling. I'd rather see oil pans scraping the ground than a reverse hood on an e28.
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 1:31 AM
by wkohler
Uhhh, having the car an inch or so from the ground doesn't make it handle better. The suspension geometry was designed a certain way.
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 10:09 AM
by Shawn D.
Shawn D. wrote:jw767 wrote:You guys that like your cars a little more plain dont catch hell for it.. To each there own.
To each where own?
There's a difference between being non-plain and ridiculous-looking. Understand that?
jw767 wrote:Sorry..to each THEIR own. Meaning if someone likes their stuff different than the way you like yours, get off their back..understand? And since you weren't clear either, what exactly is ridiculous looking? The lowrider or the reverse hood?
You (and others) need to quit trying to foist absolutist statements on folks. Nobody here has EVER said "
If someone likes their stuff different than the way I like mine, that's bad." If I say a backwards-opening hood on an E28 is ridiculous, that is in no way equivalent to saying that anything different is bad. Do you think that it's not possible to do a bad mod?
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 11:11 AM
by Scottinva
wkohler wrote:Uhhh, having the car an inch or so from the ground doesn't make it handle better. The suspension geometry was designed a certain way.
An inch of the ground, his car isn't that extreme. Ya well you take a stock suspension bmw with the suspension the "correct" way, and race it against mine on like an autocross. We'll see who handles better.
Re: Backwards Hood on E28?
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 11:21 AM
by a
z3ro725 wrote:Has anybody or do you know of anybody who has converted the E28 hood to open in reverse like pretty much every other bmw out there?
No, I've been wanting to do this since I 1st got my 528e . Its been like 2 months since you posted ,do you have any pics of your cool hood ?
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 4:37 PM
by chuck n san diego
Mike W. wrote:As someone who has owned multiple E's 3, 12, 21, 23, and 24, I would say an E28 already has a backwards hood.
(and that's a minimum of 2 each of the above

)
The best answer so far

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 9:03 PM
by Shawn D.
Scottinva wrote:Ya well you take a stock suspension bmw with the suspension the "correct" way, and race it against mine on like an autocross. We'll see who handles better.
Ya well you bring your car to 5er Fest and show us what's what.

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 9:07 PM
by Bimmerguy2002
Scottinva wrote:wkohler wrote:Uhhh, having the car an inch or so from the ground doesn't make it handle better. The suspension geometry was designed a certain way.
An inch of the ground, his car isn't that extreme. Ya well you take a stock suspension bmw with the suspension the "correct" way, and race it against mine on like an autocross. We'll see who handles better.
Ill take that as a challenge

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 9:07 PM
by jw767

[/img]
Thats a bad mod.
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 10:05 PM
by Coldswede
Thats a bad mod
I'm, I'm just speechless and not in a good way
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 10:11 PM
by Brad D.
Wow.
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 7:34 PM
by tn535i
jw767, I saw that once before many years ago, did not need to see it again.
As far as the hood goes, if you want to be really different why not make the trunk open clamshell to match the hood!
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 7:52 PM
by Brad D.
The split hood is where it's at.

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 7:54 PM
by wkohler
Big Bronze Rim wrote:The split hood is where it's at.
Only if it hinges in the middle, though.

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 10:26 PM
by jw767
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 10:39 PM
by Jeremy
wkohler wrote:Big Bronze Rim wrote:The split hood is where it's at.
Only if it hinges in the middle, though.

The Brits were ahead of their time, apparently.

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 10:16 AM
by winfred
looks like the 6000sux from robocop
jw767 wrote:
[/img]
Thats a bad mod.
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 11:36 AM
by MrNic3Guy
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 12:05 PM
by shagrath
It's ricer-ific!