What's in your shuffle?

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
David in Seattle
Posts: 250
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by David in Seattle »

Peace in the Valley - Johnny Cash
Do It Again - Queens of the Stoneage
Scar Tissue - Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Golden Rose - Tom Petty
Dead Man - Pearl Jam
FastFiver
Posts: 1716
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: The murder mitten

Post by FastFiver »

theseeker411 wrote:
FastFiver wrote: montego bay - people under the stairs
P.U.T.S. is the best.
Yes, puts are awesome for some feel good hip-hop without hearing all the talk of bling and bitches and all that shit... they rule. Hot beats and they can flow so well... love it.
smootch
Posts: 557
Joined: Jul 08, 2006
Location: Roxborough, CO

Post by smootch »

The Clash – Wrong em Boyo
Jonathan Richman and the Modern lovers – Egyptian Reggae
Esthero – If the Mood
Lindsey Buckingham – Think I'm in Trouble
Woody Guthrie – Going Down the Road feeling Bad
wkohler
Posts: 50941
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

smootch wrote:The Clash – Wrong em Boyo
Jonathan Richman and the Modern lovers – Egyptian Reggae
Esthero – If the Mood
Lindsey Buckingham – Think I'm in Trouble
Woody Guthrie – Going Down the Road feeling Bad
I don't see any Herb Alpert! You're fired. :laugh:
smootch
Posts: 557
Joined: Jul 08, 2006
Location: Roxborough, CO

Post by smootch »

wkohler wrote:
smootch wrote:The Clash – Wrong em Boyo
Jonathan Richman and the Modern lovers – Egyptian Reggae
Esthero – If the Mood
Lindsey Buckingham – Think I'm in Trouble
Woody Guthrie – Going Down the Road feeling Bad
I don't see any Herb Alpert! You're fired. :laugh:
LOL no not in this current mix
I discovered this album in my parents collection as a very young boy. It's still my favorite album cover of all time and it still fills me with joy :banana:

notice I used the banana
wkohler
Posts: 50941
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

I have every Herb Alpert record. Badass, my friend.
m-racer
Posts: 5274
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Tampa Bay Florida

Post by m-racer »

At the risk of being labeled old and obscure, I'll play. 1) Call Mama - Etta James; 2) Backdoor Man - Willie Dixon; 3) Funky Kingston - Toots and the Maytals; They Call me the Breeze - JJ Cale; 4) Season of the Witch - Donovan; 5)Crosstown Traffic - Hendrix
mwatknz18
Posts: 42
Joined: Mar 04, 2008
Location: Winnetka, California

Post by mwatknz18 »

1. Crack Pipes - Sage Francis
2. The Calling - Santana feat. Eric Clapton
3. 40 oz. To Freedom - Sublime
4. On Green Dolphin Street - John Coltrane
5. Pusherman - Curtis Mayfield

I'm pretty suprised how eclectic my list came out to be.
stuartinmn
Posts: 9757
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Minneapolis

Post by stuartinmn »

No ipod here either, but I suppose I could tell you what the pushbuttons on my car radios are set for. :)
unslow
Posts: 268
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: DFW, TX

Post by unslow »

Here are mine:

Dropkick Murphys: Firestarted Karaoke
INXS: Don't Change
Erasure: Blue Savannah
LL Cool J: Mama Said Knock You Out
Smoking Popes: Midnight Moon

And from the Video side (not really Shuffle but you get the idea):

Season 2 of Family Guy
The Bourne Ultimatum
No Country for Old Men
Stripes
3:10 to Yuma
twin55
Posts: 2002
Joined: Jun 28, 2006
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana

Post by twin55 »

stuartinmn wrote:No ipod here either, but I suppose I could tell you what the pushbuttons on my car radios are set for. :)
:laugh: Same here! :alright:
Buttons:
1. R&B
2. Jazz
3. HIP Hop
4. Rock n Roll
5. Talk Show
:banana:
Azure
Posts: 1480
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by Azure »

1. Such Great Heights - The Postal Service
2. Sand In My Shoes - DJ Prada G
3. Knights Of Cydonia - Muse
4. One Perfect Sunrise - Orbital
5. White Rabbit - Collide
C.R. Krieger
Posts: 14507
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Halfway up the left side of Lake Michigan
Contact:

Post by C.R. Krieger »

Tucker wrote:I don't own an Ipod or Mp3 anything, but fwiw my current top 5 plays are:

<DELETED>
BZZZT! No picking of favorites allowed. The interesting part to discover is what turns up out of all the stuff you've loaded into a player of some kind. You are allowed to offer a list if you have a 6+ disk CD player that shuffles all of the disks.

Y'see, part of the exercise is to ferret out the embarrassing guilty pleasures - even if it means you got the Bee Gees (I do) or Abba (yeah; that, too :oops:) in there. So for today, to cap off the week right:

Leaving Las Vegas - Sheryl Crow
Tonight - The Raspberries
Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler :oops:
Angeline - Ian Hunter 8)
Too Bad - Rod Stewart & Faces :up:
derrith
Posts: 2980
Joined: Sep 18, 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA

Post by derrith »

1. Power Of Big Slacks - Junkie XL
2. Hoops - The Chemical Brothers
3. Change Clothes - Jay-Z + DJ Dangermouse
4. I Want'a Do Something Freaky To You - Leon Haywood
5. Black No. 1 - Type O Negative
Tammer in Philly
Posts: 10719
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: CHI, IL

Post by Tammer in Philly »

Okay, I'll offer a new five since I'm drinking beer in lab on a Friday:

1) Scoop (Beastie Boys)
2) Pink and Blue (Outkast)
3) My Way (Sinatra) ... now there's a mood change!
4) Stars Fell on Alabama (Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong)
5) Love You More (Alexi Murdoch)

Now as an aside, I should mention that I rarely ever listen to shuffle unless I make a "mood" playlist. I usually know what I want to hear, and I listen to albums or to carefully-crafted playlists straight through (when I make a list, I pay attention to things like how one song transitions to another and the recording volume of the various tracks).

-tammer
Bonapartist
Posts: 422
Joined: Jun 05, 2006
Location: California

Post by Bonapartist »

The Golden Road: Birth of the Dead

Uncle Meat - Frank Zappa

The Essential Tops - the Four Tops

Folksinger's Choice bootleg - Bob Dylan

Hot Rocks
arcangel
Posts: 392
Joined: Dec 25, 2007
Location: Everett, MA.

Post by arcangel »

Here ya go!

1) Black Stone Cherry - Crosstown Woman
2) Damageplan - Reborn
3) Steely Dan - Royal Scam
4) ZZ Top - Back Door Love Affair
5) Iron Maiden - Caught Somewhere In Time

I F'N Love Music!!!! :banana:
the Tanned One
Posts: 2725
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Tampa Bay area in Fla.

Post by the Tanned One »

splice into my 8track 2 #1 Cat scratch fever- Ted Nugent #2 Funk#49-James Gang #3 Mississipi Queen- Mountian #4 All along the watchtower- Dave Mason #5 Goodbye - the Freddy Jones Band Randy/ 8)
m-racer
Posts: 5274
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Tampa Bay Florida

Post by m-racer »

the Tanned One wrote:splice into my 8track 2 #1 Cat scratch fever- Ted Nugent #2 Funk#49-James Gang #3 Mississipi Queen- Mountian #4 All along the watchtower- Dave Mason #5 Goodbye - the Freddy Jones Band Randy/ 8)
Finally. Songs of my wayward youth.
the Tanned One
Posts: 2725
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Tampa Bay area in Fla.

Post by the Tanned One »

m-racer wrote:
the Tanned One wrote:splice into my 8track 2 #1 Cat scratch fever- Ted Nugent #2 Funk#49-James Gang #3 Mississipi Queen- Mountian #4 All along the watchtower- Dave Mason #5 Goodbye - the Freddy Jones Band Randy/ 8)
Finally. Songs of my wayward youth.
> Tim, fogot > Kick out the jams MF !! by the MC5 ;) :D
wkohler
Posts: 50941
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

Here's 5 more from me:

Thompson Twins - Lay Your Hands
Procol Harum - Blue Danube (AMAZING!)
King Crimson - 21st Century Schitzoid Man
Genesis - Turn it on Again
Rush - Circumstances

My iPod is awesome! :lol:
m-racer
Posts: 5274
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Tampa Bay Florida

Post by m-racer »

the Tanned One wrote:
m-racer wrote:
the Tanned One wrote:splice into my 8track 2 #1 Cat scratch fever- Ted Nugent #2 Funk#49-James Gang #3 Mississipi Queen- Mountian #4 All along the watchtower- Dave Mason #5 Goodbye - the Freddy Jones Band Randy/ 8)
Finally. Songs of my wayward youth.
> Tim, fogot > Kick out the jams MF !! by the MC5 ;) :D
Well that would be an excellent sub for your number 1. Not a Ted Nugent fan, but love the rest.
BMWgiant
Posts: 5734
Joined: Mar 21, 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Contact:

Post by BMWgiant »

Heres a new shuffle from me, just for the hell of it:

1. Moondance -Van Morison
2. A Certain Shade of Green -Incubus
3. Run Away -Real McCoy
4. Let it Rain -OK Go
5. Breakdown -Alan Parsons Project
pdx 528e
Posts: 3034
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Idaho Falls, ID

Post by pdx 528e »

Bimmerguy2002 wrote:i dont have an ipod, thus i win at life.
/thread

where the hell would you use an ipod in the first place? if you listened to one at a job you would get your ass fired so fast.
Most of us at work listen to iPods or the computer headphones port at work. It's an open office setting in a creative field, so there are times when its nice to get some aural isolation.

As for my 5:
The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill - Beatles
Native Son - James Taylor
Split Needles - The Shins
Islands on the Coast - Band of Horses
Marble House - The Knife

I find that having an older 2 gig model forces me to be somewhat selective, and I tend to only keep full albums @ 192kbps or higher, so the guilty pleasures tend to be non-existent here. :lol:
JoshInAtlanta
Posts: 4434
Joined: Apr 22, 2006
Location: Holly Springs, GA

Post by JoshInAtlanta »

Alright, I can play this game!

OAR - That Was a Crazy Game of Poker
Rob Zombie - Dragula
Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart
Metallica - Whiskey in the Jar
Rush - YYZ

I lucked out this time and didn't have to tell you about my Shania Twain music... :roll:
Kameix1
Posts: 765
Joined: Nov 18, 2009

Post by Kameix1 »

OK< I got my friends Ipod...

1. Rush - Tom Sawyer
2. Rush - Tom Sawyer
3. Rush - Tom Sawyer
4. Aqua - Barbie Girl
5. Rush - Tom Sawyer

Well I guess that explains a couple things....
autsman
Posts: 101
Joined: Oct 15, 2007
Location: Knoxville Tennessee

Post by autsman »

Alright; I hope my ipod doesn't embarrass me. :lol:

1.Herr Bar- Clark
2.Cross the Tracks (We Better Go Back) - Maceo and the Macks
3.The Story of The Chicken - Bill Cosby (not really music, but I'm no cheat)
4.39 Thieves - Aesop Rock (featuring El-P)
5.Randy Described Eternity - Built to Spill
Jon in Richmond
Posts: 1389
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by Jon in Richmond »

I don't have an mp3 player. The best I've got is a portable cassette player. :oops:
Ken E.
Posts: 44
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by Ken E. »

No ipod, no MP3. The best I could do is just leave The Band in the the CD player and drive. Levon Helm can sure sing.
mithrites
Posts: 499
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ashburn,VA

Post by mithrites »

Opeth (live)-windowpane
isis-wills dissolve
Lamb of god(live)-subtle arts of murder and persuasion
Led Zepellin(live)-heartbreaker
Lamb of god(live)-as the palaces burn

not an iPod but an iRiver.....
Post Reply