YOU HAVE GOT TO BE $HITTING ME - Tiger hurt. (pictures now)

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Duke
Posts: 9986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

Post by Duke »

UPDATE -

The car that ran into the Tiger was a 1970 AMC Javelin.

Image

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............the humanity!! I knew that one of those ultimately hideous beasts would someday have an influence on my life.



I feel so dirty.
Last edited by Duke on Feb 08, 2008 10:42 PM, edited 1 time in total.
RobbieR
Posts: 1608
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Woodstock, GA

Post by RobbieR »

Duke wrote:UPDATE -

The car that ran into the Tiger was a 1970 AMC Javelin.

Image

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............the humanity!! I knew that one of those ultimately hideous beasts would someday have an influence on my life.
I actually like those cars. Fairly rare and unique.

At least it wasn't something bland like a Dodge Minivan that hit the Tiger. :laugh:
Duke
Posts: 9986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

Post by Duke »

UPDATE - I dove down to see the car today. The work is fantastic, I don't think he will even need any body filler for the repair. Greg is good. Here are some pictures -

Image

Image

Image

Image

Greg is an artist first and auto restorer second. Look at what he created with stainless steel from cars. That is a 30 foot ceiling. Just amazing -

Image

The car should be finished by Feb 29th. I should then have it here the following Monday.
johnnye23
Posts: 5059
Joined: Sep 27, 2006
Location: Auburn Ca
Contact:

Post by johnnye23 »

Duke that does good like nice metal work. I think this may have a good ending after a rough start for Tiger ownership.
Mark 88/M5 Houston
Posts: 8548
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Far North Houston

Post by Mark 88/M5 Houston »

I'm glad that the quality of the work is as high as it is. You are correct, he is an artist.
Duke
Posts: 9986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

Post by Duke »

Mark 88/M5 Houston wrote:I'm glad that the quality of the work is as high as it is. You are correct, he is an artist.
Here is his Web Page if you are interested.
Mark 88/M5 Houston
Posts: 8548
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Far North Houston

Post by Mark 88/M5 Houston »

Thanks for the link, now I know your Tiger is in good hands.
Post Reply