Page 2 of 2
Posted: Feb 07, 2008 1:53 AM
by DMNaskale
C.R. Krieger wrote:Fortunately, that is on a Bronzit

car.

There is going to be a Bronzit Yugo with a missing spark plug waiting in hell for you, C.R..
Posted: Feb 07, 2008 12:37 PM
by C.R. Krieger
DMNaskale wrote:C.R. Krieger wrote:Fortunately, that is on a Bronzit

car.

There is going to be a Bronzit Yugo with a missing spark plug waiting in hell for you, C.R..
Something I'll be able to outrun with my yellow Fiat 128?
Hey, look! There's Susan Dey!

Posted: Feb 09, 2008 1:54 PM
by muleskinner
Well, I must say I've been following this thread with some amusement.
All I have to say at this point is that there are at least a couple of systems out there for sale (I'm not going to mention any names) at $180 and beyond that are, in fact, functionally the same as this. Both of these claim dyno proven HP and torque increases of between 6 and 9.
I should also mention to the doubters I've gotten 2 PMs from long time members of the board (who maybe didn't feel like getting into the debate publicly), one with an //M5, and one with an M30, both of whom told me they'd dyno'd their cars and confirmed the HP increase.
I've now isolated the cone, so it breathes only cold air.
In the end, the debate can go on....but my valve cover is beautifully displayed, it sounds great, makes the engine compartment look very decent (I took someone's tip above, and have a fresh, white coolant reservoir on the way) and I did it for about 25% of the price of one of the unnamed systems.

Posted: Feb 09, 2008 9:38 PM
by Brad D.
That should help and be a more functional now. The engine bay does look much cleaner with a CAI and if it is shielded well and functional, is worth the price of admission. The new coolant bottle will freshen things up and then all you need to do is get the little panel that covers up the center gap in the core support.
Posted: Feb 09, 2008 10:47 PM
by deadjudis
franken_e28 wrote:Amateurs.
my $350 race beater from 2006. (hit hard in the front and repaired)
my $250 race beater from 2005. (hit hard in the back and not repaired)
At least those hack job CAI's appear functional from a design aspect. They bring in cold "outside" air. Sticking a pipe down in your engine compartment you might as well hook it to you exhaust. Nothing but heat in there. If your gonna hack it up.... stick it outside. Good job on these 2.
Posted: Feb 10, 2008 11:31 PM
by franken_e28
muleskinner wrote:
I've now isolated the cone, so it breathes only cold air.
In the end, the debate can go on....but my valve cover is beautifully displayed, it sounds great, makes the engine compartment look very decent

Hey, whatever floats your boat. Good job

on blocking off the heat a bit and doing it on the cheap. Now you might want to look into the cover that goes between the front and the radiator support.
(p.s. BMW's aren't the only cars to receive the hood-hack treatment!)
