Page 2 of 2

Fact vs. Fiction.

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 10:46 PM
by KingCast
Steve Haygood wrote:hardest kicking revolver I ever shot was a 3"RB 44 mag with full house 240gr PMC loads, I shot 6 rounds and that was enough. For a real hoot, I have a 12" TC bull barrel 45-70, barrel by Bullberry. Then there is the 300 Savage in 14".....
Yeah I know.... those blanks they put in those guns for the movies enable them to do stuff you can't..... really.... do.

Casual one-handers. Please.

But when you absolutely, positively.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHvAfTU2haE

LOL,

-c

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 10:52 PM
by Ricky535
Steve Haygood wrote:Then there is the 300 Savage in 14".....
That is nuckin futs, how's your shoulder? :shock: :shock: An NM M1A shooting 168 gr SMK is sweeeeet. The recoil is minimal.

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 11:11 PM
by Steve Haygood
Ricky535 wrote:
Steve Haygood wrote:Then there is the 300 Savage in 14".....
That is nuckin futs, how's your shoulder? :shock: :shock: An NM M1A shooting 168 gr SMK is sweeeeet. The recoil is minimal.
shooting a pistol in 300 or 45-70 , it won't be your shoulder you are worried about....wrist,elbow or maybe your forehead if you don't have a grip on it ;)

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 11:20 PM
by davestlouis
My hardest-kicking handgun was a S&W J-Frame, I think it was a model 60, hammerless 5 shot revolver. It was light weight, and with 158grn .357 Magnum loads it was AWFUL to shoot. It was a real sweetheart with a light .38spl load.

My hardest-kicker among long guns is a Mod1895 Hungarian Mannlicher straight pull bolt carbine, started life as a long rifle in 8x50R Austro-Hungarian, was modified in the 1930's to a short carbine configuration, and recut for 8x56R...that thing hurts me so badly that after 10-15 rounds, I'm done. A close second would be a Carcano short rifle that was recut for 8mm Mauser...imagine a 6.5 LB short rifle popping off that cartridge, brutal.

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 11:33 PM
by Steve Haygood
and on the other end of the spectrum. I handloaded some round ball bullets in my Ruger 45 Blackhawk and you could watch the bullets as they went to the target

Posted: Jan 02, 2008 5:40 PM
by wkohler
Funny. I do everything right-handed except shoot. That's left-handed for me. I used to be heavy into .22 long rifle target shooting. I've got boxes of targets with good 5-shot groupings. This was in the mid-late '90s, then I started getting unusually busy. It didn't help that my instructor died of colon cancer. I'd love to pick it up again.

I know a few people with EBR disease. I guess I now know more.