Paging: Wiseguy (Bill Weismann) --or offers of help?
$350... overshot it by $50.
ben - $50
gray635 - $50 (check)
johnnye23 - $50
vance - $25
JoshInAtlanta - $25
jeremy - $25
shawn - $50
wkohler - $25
B_Newman - $50
I am refunding Ben $50 since he is providing storage for Bill's cars.
I can't thank everyone enough. You guys are great... I don't know what else to say. At least I know where to come when I need some money!
(kidding)
Johnny-- Imagine that car, horribly faded blue paint, ratted out interior and a flat tire or two. Can't say I am a British car fan, but it will be interesting to see the car get restored. Looks like a good base, though I can't say for certain having only looked at its exterior (owning an '02 project and growing up around them has taught me a thing or three about rust).
ben - $50
gray635 - $50 (check)
johnnye23 - $50
vance - $25
JoshInAtlanta - $25
jeremy - $25
shawn - $50
wkohler - $25
B_Newman - $50
I am refunding Ben $50 since he is providing storage for Bill's cars.
I can't thank everyone enough. You guys are great... I don't know what else to say. At least I know where to come when I need some money!
Johnny-- Imagine that car, horribly faded blue paint, ratted out interior and a flat tire or two. Can't say I am a British car fan, but it will be interesting to see the car get restored. Looks like a good base, though I can't say for certain having only looked at its exterior (owning an '02 project and growing up around them has taught me a thing or three about rust).
Is there a driver in it? You said nothing about a driver.e304lyfe wrote: Johnny-- Imagine that car, horribly faded blue paint, ratted out interior and a flat tire or two. Can't say I am a British car fan, but it will be interesting to see the car get restored. Looks like a good base, though I can't say for certain having only looked at its exterior (owning an '02 project and growing up around them has taught me a thing or three about rust).
-
whitewalrus01
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Jun 27, 2007
Mike,
I feel your pain as wiseguy's tracks of avoiding people and, for a lack of a better word, screwing his friends over, and over, and over again seems to have tracked itself over here. He's done this to you Mike and has also done it to Rob at UUC and to Ron and to Bill and to James and to Jennifer and to Dan and to Gregg and to Pete and to Sam and to.... You are not the first Mike and I doubt you will be the last.
for anyone who thought about going in business with him, don't be blinded by his "oh i'm such a god" and "pay attention to me" song and dance. The man's got a BMW M1 for crying out loud. why are you guys helping him if he's so "rich"... oh, he's also rumored to have an E30 M3 and a Ferrari all in Florida... somewhere.
I hope this thread would open people's eyes here about him. From what I've heard, he's not a bad guy to hang around but anything else other then having a few beers over is highly suggested not to do.
I feel your pain as wiseguy's tracks of avoiding people and, for a lack of a better word, screwing his friends over, and over, and over again seems to have tracked itself over here. He's done this to you Mike and has also done it to Rob at UUC and to Ron and to Bill and to James and to Jennifer and to Dan and to Gregg and to Pete and to Sam and to.... You are not the first Mike and I doubt you will be the last.
for anyone who thought about going in business with him, don't be blinded by his "oh i'm such a god" and "pay attention to me" song and dance. The man's got a BMW M1 for crying out loud. why are you guys helping him if he's so "rich"... oh, he's also rumored to have an E30 M3 and a Ferrari all in Florida... somewhere.
I hope this thread would open people's eyes here about him. From what I've heard, he's not a bad guy to hang around but anything else other then having a few beers over is highly suggested not to do.
Hmm.... Seems like you have brought all the drama from BFC over to this forum. Seems like you have soooo much valuable information to add the community now.whitewalrus01 wrote:Mike,
I feel your pain as wiseguy's tracks of avoiding people and, for a lack of a better word, screwing his friends over, and over, and over again seems to have tracked itself over here. He's done this to you Mike and has also done it to Rob at UUC and to Ron and to Bill and to James and to Jennifer and to Dan and to Gregg and to Pete and to Sam and to.... You are not the first Mike and I doubt you will be the last.
for anyone who thought about going in business with him, don't be blinded by his "oh i'm such a god" and "pay attention to me" song and dance. The man's got a BMW M1 for crying out loud. why are you guys helping him if he's so "rich"... oh, he's also rumored to have an E30 M3 and a Ferrari all in Florida... somewhere.
I hope this thread would open people's eyes here about him. From what I've heard, he's not a bad guy to hang around but anything else other then having a few beers over is highly suggested not to do.
Here's my bit... it's his personal fucking business, and to come over here and slander him, after he has done some nice things for this community, makes you look like nothing more than a troll. GTFO.
Ben
-
JoshInAtlanta
- Posts: 4434
- Joined: Apr 22, 2006
- Location: Holly Springs, GA
Ben wrote:Hmm.... Seems like you have brought all the drama from BFC over to this forum. Seems like you have soooo much valuable information to add the community now.whitewalrus01 wrote:Mike,
I feel your pain as wiseguy's tracks of avoiding people and, for a lack of a better word, screwing his friends over, and over, and over again seems to have tracked itself over here. He's done this to you Mike and has also done it to Rob at UUC and to Ron and to Bill and to James and to Jennifer and to Dan and to Gregg and to Pete and to Sam and to.... You are not the first Mike and I doubt you will be the last.
for anyone who thought about going in business with him, don't be blinded by his "oh i'm such a god" and "pay attention to me" song and dance. The man's got a BMW M1 for crying out loud. why are you guys helping him if he's so "rich"... oh, he's also rumored to have an E30 M3 and a Ferrari all in Florida... somewhere.
I hope this thread would open people's eyes here about him. From what I've heard, he's not a bad guy to hang around but anything else other then having a few beers over is highly suggested not to do.Are you here to warn me of being screwed over for storing his cars?
Here's my bit... it's his personal fucking business, and to come over here and slander him, after he has done some nice things for this community, makes you look like nothing more than a troll. GTFO.
Ben
Is it just me, or is this a really disturbing thread? Bill has been such a positive (and funny) influence on this board...Clearly that is why so many of you have stepped out to remedy this situaltion. There's got to be an explanation for what seems to be very out of character behavior. I hope he's okay, and thanks to all who chipped in to help out. 
Well, all we ("we" being those of us who are non-new members) know of Bill is how we know him. Why would (or could) we not assist him based on some things we don't know about, much less know whether they're true or not? The newbies who have come with the apparent intent of joining only to slander Bill haven't helped themselves in any way, unless you count getting their jollies by lambasting him in vague ways.
whitewalrus01 wrote:I hope this thread would open people's eyes here about him. From what I've heard, he's not a bad guy to hang around but anything else other then having a few beers over is highly suggested not to do.
Don't mind the new poster, it's probably the same asshole that stole the catalytic converters from all the customer cars parked at Bill's old shop. As for that list of names that Bill's "screwed over". He's living at least part time at one of those name's house right now, I doubt he's done anything particularly bad to him cause I know for a fact that his wife would have Bill's nuts in a jar if he did. I also know of several ways that Bill has helped them out.
The cars you question the existence of are in probate, and you know the fuck why if you know Bill so damn well.
Jeremy
The cars you question the existence of are in probate, and you know the fuck why if you know Bill so damn well.
Agreed. You're not wanted.Ben wrote:GTFO.
Jeremy
-
spinedocab
- Posts: 2600
- Joined: Feb 12, 2006
- Location: Upper Bucks County, PA
If you don't know the man then you have nothing to say. Go comment on other shit you know nothing about, elsewhere.
If Bill is incommunicado for some reason, it is not an invitation to denigrate him in any way. When you have fought the personal battles that this man has overcome and still struggles to defeat, then perhaps you will find a greater level of understanding.
He has his reasons.
my own nearly useless commentary, having come into this late.
Andrew.
If Bill is incommunicado for some reason, it is not an invitation to denigrate him in any way. When you have fought the personal battles that this man has overcome and still struggles to defeat, then perhaps you will find a greater level of understanding.
He has his reasons.
my own nearly useless commentary, having come into this late.
Andrew.
Ben wrote:Hmm.... Seems like you have brought all the drama from BFC over to this forum. Seems like you have soooo much valuable information to add the community now.whitewalrus01 wrote:Mike,
I feel your pain as wiseguy's tracks of avoiding people and, for a lack of a better word, screwing his friends over, and over, and over again seems to have tracked itself over here. He's done this to you Mike and has also done it to Rob at UUC and to Ron and to Bill and to James and to Jennifer and to Dan and to Gregg and to Pete and to Sam and to.... You are not the first Mike and I doubt you will be the last.
for anyone who thought about going in business with him, don't be blinded by his "oh i'm such a god" and "pay attention to me" song and dance. The man's got a BMW M1 for crying out loud. why are you guys helping him if he's so "rich"... oh, he's also rumored to have an E30 M3 and a Ferrari all in Florida... somewhere.
I hope this thread would open people's eyes here about him. From what I've heard, he's not a bad guy to hang around but anything else other then having a few beers over is highly suggested not to do.Are you here to warn me of being screwed over for storing his cars?
Here's my bit... it's his personal fucking business, and to come over here and slander him, after he has done some nice things for this community, makes you look like nothing more than a troll. GTFO.
Ben
Its rare that you can find someone that is as fun to be around as Bill. I only spent 3 or 4 days with him over 5er fest and it was a very enjoyable experience. He drove me back to Virginia on his way to Jersey and then paid for our hotel room (we didn't leave TN till after dark because of the problems with the TD). I don't know what he's done in the past and I don't care (nor do I believe the accusations above).
News to me.whitewalrus01 wrote:He's ... also done it to Rob at UUC
Whatever troubles Bill may be having, I hope he works them through as quickly as possible.
- Rob Levinson
UUC * http://www.uucmotorwerks.com
ex-1988 M5 Dinan Turbo
ex-1985 535i Callaway Turbo
ex-1985 535i
ex-1986 528e
-
Bimmerguy2002
- Posts: 11973
- Joined: Oct 03, 2007
- Location: Lodi, California
-
Adam W in MN
- Posts: 5055
- Joined: Feb 12, 2006
- Location: Don't waste my motherf***in' time!
- Contact:
Wow, very cool to see Rob post here, but unfortunate that it has to be on this thread.
As everyone knows, I won the 5erFest 2007 raffle E28 that Bill graciously donated. Bill is a ton of fun and a real crackup, and even though I know him about 10% as well as a lot of you, I gather that Bill has had a lot of pretty serious personal issues to sort through lately. I'm sure he has a very good reason for not getting these cars moved from the original poster's property. I wanted to add this message so that I could contribute to the defense of his excellent (and hilarious) character.
As everyone knows, I won the 5erFest 2007 raffle E28 that Bill graciously donated. Bill is a ton of fun and a real crackup, and even though I know him about 10% as well as a lot of you, I gather that Bill has had a lot of pretty serious personal issues to sort through lately. I'm sure he has a very good reason for not getting these cars moved from the original poster's property. I wanted to add this message so that I could contribute to the defense of his excellent (and hilarious) character.
I got a call about this thread, asking what was going on.Bimmerguy2002 wrote:holy rare sightings batman! Rob is here too?
As I don't have any E28s any more and it's even been a long time since I have, I get caught up in all the stuff we're doing these days for newer cars.
Still love the E28, still take a lingering look every time I pass a really nice one. And yes, I'm still getting calls asking if I will do another production run of our legendary M5 exhaust!
- Rob
-
Bimmerguy2002
- Posts: 11973
- Joined: Oct 03, 2007
- Location: Lodi, California
-
Tammer in Philly
- Posts: 10719
- Joined: Feb 12, 2006
- Location: CHI, IL
Huh? UUC still makes shifters and other parts that fit the E28, and as recently as a couple years ago Rob developed a spring set for the eta.Bimmerguy2002 wrote:hah good to hear :)
i been meaning to give you guys a call to see if you carry something for a shifter i have
at least you are completely out of the E28 market :banana:
-tammer
About Bill
I have never been screwed over by Bill, or Todd, Or Duke, or UUC, or Turner.. Maybe I am lucky to have nothing bad to say about any of these people. There are a few out there that are not too thrilled with me for some reason, but I am OK with that. One day, I am going to be Mayor of Hill Valley..
Re: About Bill
Yeah, whatever Goldie.Enchanter wrote:One day, I am going to be Mayor of Hill Valley..
-
Bimmerguy2002
- Posts: 11973
- Joined: Oct 03, 2007
- Location: Lodi, California
haha yeah, a lot of other tuners have gone towards the new cars, just meant that he is still around :PTammer in Philly wrote:Huh? UUC still makes shifters and other parts that fit the E28, and as recently as a couple years ago Rob developed a spring set for the eta.Bimmerguy2002 wrote:hah good to hear
i been meaning to give you guys a call to see if you carry something for a shifter i have
at least you are completely out of the E28 market
-tammer
i still need to find out if they carry a shifter bushing that holds the pivot and sits in the shift console, the one i have cracked in my short shifter
-
JoshInAtlanta
- Posts: 4434
- Joined: Apr 22, 2006
- Location: Holly Springs, GA




