Just picked up the Holy Grail....

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
KingCast
Posts: 1753
Joined: Oct 19, 2007
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Great find that will age nicely.

Post by KingCast »

Since the color is luxorbeige and luxor is in Egypt. I like this picture http://www.pbase.com/moftah/image/68756078

A picture of Cybill with bondo http://www.cybill.com/jazz/album_at_hom ... cybill.htm
Awesome thinking there, mate!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a great week ;)

Three, yes I know the foglight is missing...priorities first! I just spent half the day putting in a new oil pan gasket and PS hose as it leaked about a gallon of fluid overnight in the driveway! Good thing I always put a drip pan under a new acquisition the first time I park it...just to be sure.

Five, I paid under $2000 for it...
OMG we had to get the razor blade out for the 535is oil pan one night I got a piece of air over the railroad tracks. An all day affair getting that 130K gasket off.

And as to the price, let's just say there's a little ol' lady with a car in a barn in your life, and for that you are fortunate :D
twin55
Posts: 2002
Joined: Jun 28, 2006
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana

Re: Great find that will age nicely.

Post by twin55 »

KingCast wrote:
Since the color is luxorbeige and luxor is in Egypt. I like this picture http://www.pbase.com/moftah/image/68756078

A picture of Cybill with bondo http://www.cybill.com/jazz/album_at_hom ... cybill.htm
Awesome thinking there, mate!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a great week ;)
:thanks: mate (Captain!) :alright:
JoshInAtlanta
Posts: 4434
Joined: Apr 22, 2006
Location: Holly Springs, GA

Post by JoshInAtlanta »

johnnye23 wrote:
Kyle in NO wrote: Five, I paid under $2000 for it... :moon:
Damn good job Kyle :up: :up: :up: :up: Ready for a road trip to Memphis I want a ride ? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Let me know and I'll be there...

Under $2k is a steal dude... let Kevin hook you up with dye for the interior....
Kyle in NO
Posts: 17638
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Nasty Orleans------> Batten-Rooehjch------>More Souther LA

Post by Kyle in NO »

UPDATE:

Spent Saturday fixing all of the leaks coming from the engine and PS system. All that is left is UCA bushings and dogbones, and the driver's seat. So far I'm into this thing $43.00...lol, and I found a real nice seat for about $100 shipped. I should be in business for right at the previously projected $200 repair figure, even with the new seat taking up over half of the bill! I really do like this car....
maximapitko
Posts: 168
Joined: Mar 21, 2007
Location: Minneapolis,MN

Post by maximapitko »

very nice indeed. I,too,picked up a 87 L6(635csi with leather dash,headlines,doors...). Cali car-mint condition in/out but with bad motor(his wife overheated it). Purchase price-$1000 :lol:
Wiseguy
Posts: 2026
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Between 17K and Rt 52 but a lot closer to 52

Post by Wiseguy »

Duke wrote:Keep it NA.
I might just have a new signature...............
Wiseguy
Posts: 2026
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Between 17K and Rt 52 but a lot closer to 52

Post by Wiseguy »

Oh,

And nice car Kyle!

And Luxorbeige isn't too rare... hang out with some 75+ yr olds in Florida and you'll see plenty of Grand Marquis painted that color. ;)

F it. I love it.. B35 E24s are delish......
Kyle in NO
Posts: 17638
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Nasty Orleans------> Batten-Rooehjch------>More Souther LA

Post by Kyle in NO »

PA-YOW!!! 8)

Image
Post Reply