I'm thankful I took the time to read all that, and what a thoroughly entertaining read it was!
Does your e28 have sport seats? Ive not ever driven an e24, however I remember when I swapped the comfort seats for the e24 sport seats in my e28, it felt like going from driving a monster truck into a go kart. I couldn't believe how much lower they make you sit! Then going from that into my piggy after being so used to the sport seats, how high the comfort seats feel again!
Das_Prachtstraße wrote:I'm thankful I took the time to read all that, and what a thoroughly entertaining read it was!
Thanks. Delighted you like it.
Does your e28 have sport seats?
535is. Yes, sport seats. It's been a long time since I've been in a comfort seat in an E28.
So even jumping out of the e24 into an e28 with sports, you still noticed a seating height difference? That's interesting to know as the e24 sport seats in my e28 feel hella low as is.
So THIS is where I read that story! Well done, C.R.! It came to mind last year after I finally got my 528 back on the road; started getting a weird noise & vibration on right turns, and thought at first it was wheel bearing. But thanks to you I checked the wheel lugs before I went too far, and sure enough, all five were loose.
This is a great story. Now I get why you told me to get off my butt and fly out to buy a car I wanted!
And I love this rule:
C.R. Krieger wrote:2.) To determine how far to drive a used BMW, divide the price in dollars by four and draw that radius around your home. Do not go outside that line to buy a car. [This was a violation of that rule.]
Thoroughly enjoyed your tale CR... don't know how I missed it the first time around It is definitely Roundel worthy!!!
Anyway, I love those (for that matter any) kind of road trips... I'm looking forward to my own in an e24 this June from AZ to MA... here's hoping it's a lot more trouble-free than you experienced!!
RoyW wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed your tale CR... don't know how I missed it the first time around It is definitely Roundel worthy!!!
Thanks, Roy. I might float it past Satch to see what he says.
Anyway, I love those (for that matter any) kind of road trips... I'm looking forward to my own in an e24 this June from AZ to MA... here's hoping it's a lot more trouble-free than you experienced!!
It pretty much has to be. You wouldn't buy a piece of crap* like this ...
* I believe Chris sold the car since - and I don't think he'd begrudge me the editorial opinion.