Page 2 of 3

Posted: Jun 07, 2007 3:34 PM
by RoyW
Joe in FL wrote:Concours? Why didn't anybody say there'd be a concours?

I attended something called the 'show n shine.' It immediately followed the swap meet. Unsold parts were still lying around, and people were still talking about them.

I thought that was just great. It is one of my best 'fest memories, and it's part of what separates us from the wine & cheese set.

Perhaps next year we could have a judged concours for those who want to participate?
OK Joe...Shown'Shine (my bad) :) In any event these two events need to be seperated, not combined or adjacent, so they seemed to be combined!

-RoyW

Posted: Jun 07, 2007 4:06 PM
by Aman-duh
i just loved that brian and christy invited me and i got to be there! it was a blast meeting everyone, hanging out at the garage party, seeing everyone in the infamous mullet wig, and eating eggs and bacon on top of a parking garage at 1:00 am.
i hate that it was over so quickly though. :cry:
i hope one day i get to see all of you awesome peeps again!! ;)
oh and by the way, layton and brian and christy and everyone else on the event team was awesome and did a great job putting everything together. props to all of you.

Posted: Jun 07, 2007 6:23 PM
by rlomba8204
Tammer in Philly wrote:BNC beat me to it:

BEST: Miss Tennessee. Can she come every year? Yowza.

;-)
Shit. How did I miss Miss Tenneseee?

On a more serious note, most of the other commenters have already hit on the things I would have hit on -- more food Friday evening, a cooler venue, etc., but overall I have to thank the organizers for a great event. 5erFest was awesome, as are the people, end of story.

Posted: Jun 07, 2007 9:13 PM
by greg.epps
Shawn D. wrote:Having it on Memorial Day weekend:

I don't like that either.
Me either.

My favorite parts were the garage party and the creeper races!

Posted: Jun 07, 2007 9:44 PM
by Jay in VA
rlomba8204 wrote:How did I miss Miss Tennesee?
Damn, you must have had a good time you are still stuttering. :laugh:

The mats look good in my car, Thank you again! :clap: :beer:

Posted: Jun 07, 2007 9:49 PM
by rlomba8204
My pleasure Jay. I am glad they work for you.

It would have been a better time had I met Miss Tennesee. :D


Oh, and to the 5erFest organizers, the "cooler" in my post referred to temperature in the parking lot. :beer:

Posted: Jun 08, 2007 8:30 AM
by Shawn D.
Actually, Stefanie Wittler is Miss Southeast Tennessee. ;)

Image

Posted: Jun 08, 2007 8:35 AM
by robeyff
Geez, somebody buy that girl a hamburger! :roll: Very pretty, but looks like a mild breeze would send her flying. :laugh:

Posted: Jun 08, 2007 9:21 AM
by rlomba8204
She looks good to me!

Posted: Jun 08, 2007 10:54 AM
by Duke
robeyff wrote:Geez, somebody buy that girl a hamburger! :roll: Very pretty, but looks like a mild breeze would send her flying. :laugh:
She's like a female Shifty...............only much, much better looking.

Posted: Jun 08, 2007 12:15 PM
by C.R. Krieger
Shawn D. wrote:Actually, Stefanie Wittler is Miss Southeast Tennessee. ;)
Holy Crap! I drove home through her hometown - if a place like Soddy Daisy can actually be called a 'town'. :roll: Around here, we call that - "farmland".

Oh; Tammer and rlomba8204 ... here ya go (from the website; her booking fees):
Applicable Fees: $200 + $20 Booking Fee
and .38 cents per mile
Hey; waitaminnit! Anybody notice a math error? Tammer, even you could afford to get her to Phila at .38 cents per mile! :banana:

Posted: Jun 08, 2007 2:33 PM
by a
Holy Crap! I drove home through her hometown - if a place like Soddy Daisy can actually be called a town.

Aaron and I spent awhile wondering WTF was the origin of Soddy Daisy . Is it mangled Native American like Yankee, or a Scot's -Irish weirdness like haggis? Same wonderment re Ellijay

Posted: Jun 08, 2007 2:37 PM
by Kenny Blankenship
Can somebody tell me when she showed up? I somehow missed the whole thing.

Posted: Jun 08, 2007 2:51 PM
by Shawn D.
Eric Q wrote:Can somebody tell me when she showed up? I somehow missed the whole thing.
She was in the Ronald McDonald House tent with her parents. Remember that orange '62 'Vette? That's her dad's. She was also at the banquet and spoke a bit to the crowd.

Posted: Jun 08, 2007 3:13 PM
by L_N_Love
:laugh: Eric....you walked right past her...ding dong :rofl:

Your sensor must need to be replaced :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Posted: Jun 08, 2007 3:25 PM
by Shawn D.
lova wrote::laugh: Eric....you walked right past her...ding dong :rofl:

Your sensor must need to be replaced :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Those long drives must be affecting his nerves in the nether regions -- kinda like road-bike riders. :laugh:

Posted: Jun 08, 2007 3:34 PM
by L_N_Love
I had the same thought ShawnDy :rofl:

Posted: Jun 08, 2007 5:47 PM
by Adam W in MN
Shawn D. wrote:Those long drives must be affecting his nerves in the nether regions -- kinda like road-bike riders. :laugh:
Laugh my ass off, so true.

Eric, she walked right through the tables during the banquet on her way to the front to talk to the crowd. As it turned out, she was one of the only ones that you could understand through that microphone and the service area acoustics.

Posted: Jun 08, 2007 6:23 PM
by Kenny Blankenship
Oh, that's bad. I walked right past the R. McD tent and didn't pay attention to who was inside. I just saw the Vette (briefly).

And remember, I was ALL THE WAY IN THE BACK at the banquet. I think I was struggling so hard to see people up front I didn't see her walk by (if she did walk by).

See what happens when it's too muggy???

Posted: Jun 08, 2007 6:30 PM
by L_N_Love
Eric....you need to get back into 5er Fest 2003 mode. I think you had spotted something here:


Image


:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Posted: Jun 08, 2007 9:19 PM
by Shawn D.
lova wrote:Eric....you need to get back into 5er Fest 2003 mode. I think you had spotted something here:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Hey, where da wimmin at?"

Image

Posted: Jun 08, 2007 10:34 PM
by L_N_Love
The cooler mountain air sharpens a sensor! :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:


P.S. Eric, that photo has made you a worldwide celebrity!



We love ya' man!

Posted: Jun 09, 2007 11:35 AM
by BDK
ERIC,
How could anyone miss her,
My "Flag" went up the minute she got there...
everytime she went for a refreshment,
Duke, Jake and I would go just to watch her walk...
those jeans and her walk are enough to make a dead man walk again....

Posted: Jun 09, 2007 11:45 AM
by L_N_Love
BNC wrote:ERIC,
How could anyone miss her,
My "Flag" went up the minute she got there...
everytime she went for a refreshment,
Duke, Jake and I would go just to watch her walk...
those jeans and her walk are enough to make a dead man walk again....
aaah...the scent of a woman :banana:

Posted: Jun 09, 2007 12:37 PM
by Hunter has a Bimmer3
The thing I dont like is when it ends. Everything else is awesome

Posted: Jun 09, 2007 5:29 PM
by Kenny Blankenship
I don't know how it happened. The only time I might have seen her was at the banquet when she was in front but I was so far away I could barely see faces.

I guess I need more rest before I partake in the festivities. I need to get there WEDNESDAY night.

Posted: Jun 09, 2007 6:41 PM
by Ted in T.O.
We will be there to greet you Eric with refreshments. ;)

Posted: Jun 09, 2007 8:28 PM
by BMWgiant
I liked: Just about everything!! I've said it before and I'll say it again, it was the best time of my life!!! Garage Parties were the best!! I managed to make it and be the last one to leave the garage every night possible, including Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night!!! The people are more than awesome!!!!

Dislikes: Lack of Sleep!! But I wouldn't have it any other way!! Clutch going, but again.. Without that little mishap, I may not of had as much fun on my drive up Lookout MT with Azure and the Sunday Drive with Ely, I also would've missed the last bit of the garage party on Sunday!!

Nametags!! I did not like that the name tags did not include our online handle... It would've been alot easier if it included both a real and online names!! I know for some people, it would just be repetitive and others aren't even part of the site, but in all... It would just be extremely beinifitial with remembering who is who... To add to that, it would probably help to have an avatar picture included with the name tag, but I know that is just asking way too much!!!

Food!!! There were many times that I just wanted to eat something but stay around! The Friday Banquet which was already spoken of was lacking real food... The Saturday swap meet had some dry chicken and expencive hot dogs.... Not quite the food I really wanted to be spending much money on.. Best Food had to of been the Bacon and Eggs in the Garage!!!!! Other than the name tags and availability of food.... Everything was awesome!!!! I can't wait til next year, I better be able to make it!!!

BTW.... I spent the $110 (parts sold) that I promised to donate to the Shifty Fund '08 on my way home from the fest..... But I DO plan on sending in those funds before the next fest... How would I go about doing so?

Posted: Jun 10, 2007 12:41 AM
by jgoodwill
Tammer in Philly wrote: I hope some people got some Hop Devils though! I know Patrick and Kyle don't like those "chewy" beers.

-tammer
Got 'em- I think there were 3. ;)

They made the journey with me to AmJam last weekend, and were consumed during The Avett Brothersshow. Thanks Tammer!!!

Any others with missing beer???

:laugh:

Posted: Jun 10, 2007 1:36 AM
by C.J.
Blake, I'm with you on the nametags not having our screennames on them. Which is why I wrote my screenname on my tag.