Coming to America - Can we move 5erFest up a coupla weeks?

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
DRP535
Posts: 3636
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Dullsville, WA, Australia

Post by DRP535 »

Azure wrote:
DRP535 wrote: but I'm still without anyone to see in Florida.
Mate, I already PMed you and invited you to FL!

In fact, we could almost be long lost brothers. My dad's from Perth, and their second choice name for me at birth was Dean! :o

So here's the SECOND official invite to the Tampa, FL area! :)

Hell, if you can give me a couple days notice in advance, I'll take the day off and show you around myself!
Thanks for that. I don't have any contact details for you but I do have a phone number for Daryl M Naskale also in Tampa. I am going to assume that you know Daryl and that once I contact him, he can pass on your details for me. My basic plan at this stage is that on May 3 in the morning I pick up my Chevy Malibu hire car in Houston and drive it all day straight through to New Orleans. Overnight in NO. Then drive all the next day to make it to Tallahassee. Overnight there. Saturday May 5 burn down to Tampa and call Daryl to see what the go is. From there, I was rather hoping you guys will be able to suggest things to see and do and I would make plans accordingly on that advice.

So in a nutshell, the aim is to simply get from Houston to Tampa as fast as possible with a minimum of stops along the way. From Tampa it looks like spitting distance to all the other glamour places like Orlando, Cape Canaveral, West Palm Beach etc. So yeah, Tampa is the first serious port of call in Florida and Daryl will be the first person I call.

At the moment I have contact details for Joe in FL (North Palm Beach), Justin in FL (Jupiter, also N Palm Beach), Bob G (a bit down from West Palm Beach, halfway to Miami) and Daryl in Tampa. I didn't ask for your contact details because it sounds as if you're in the same place as Daryl and I was assuming you two would know each other.

I finally get on a plane first thing tomorrow morning, so this will be my last day (ever?) on MyE28.com for a while. If you hear about some tourist loser who caused a 16 car pile up by driving the wrong way down the interstate highway between Houston and Florida on the news, that will probably be me ;)
Azure
Posts: 1480
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by Azure »

DRP535 wrote:
Azure wrote:
DRP535 wrote: but I'm still without anyone to see in Florida.
Mate, I already PMed you and invited you to FL!

In fact, we could almost be long lost brothers. My dad's from Perth, and their second choice name for me at birth was Dean! :o

So here's the SECOND official invite to the Tampa, FL area! :)

Hell, if you can give me a couple days notice in advance, I'll take the day off and show you around myself!
Thanks for that. I don't have any contact details for you but I do have a phone number for Daryl M Naskale also in Tampa. I am going to assume that you know Daryl and that once I contact him, he can pass on your details for me. My basic plan at this stage is that on May 3 in the morning I pick up my Chevy Malibu hire car in Houston and drive it all day straight through to New Orleans. Overnight in NO. Then drive all the next day to make it to Tallahassee. Overnight there. Saturday May 5 burn down to Tampa and call Daryl to see what the go is. From there, I was rather hoping you guys will be able to suggest things to see and do and I would make plans accordingly on that advice.

So in a nutshell, the aim is to simply get from Houston to Tampa as fast as possible with a minimum of stops along the way. From Tampa it looks like spitting distance to all the other glamour places like Orlando, Cape Canaveral, West Palm Beach etc. So yeah, Tampa is the first serious port of call in Florida and Daryl will be the first person I call.

At the moment I have contact details for Joe in FL (North Palm Beach), Justin in FL (Jupiter, also N Palm Beach), Bob G (a bit down from West Palm Beach, halfway to Miami) and Daryl in Tampa. I didn't ask for your contact details because it sounds as if you're in the same place as Daryl and I was assuming you two would know each other.

I finally get on a plane first thing tomorrow morning, so this will be my last day (ever?) on MyE28.com for a while. If you hear about some tourist loser who caused a 16 car pile up by driving the wrong way down the interstate highway between Houston and Florida on the news, that will probably be me ;)
Yes. Daryl and I are acquainted. We have several plans to wrench over the next few weeks before 5erfest - he has my number. :)
JoshInAtlanta
Posts: 4434
Joined: Apr 22, 2006
Location: Holly Springs, GA

Post by JoshInAtlanta »

DRP535 wrote:
Joe in FL wrote:I'm surprised nobody from FL has chimed in yet..

We have a pretty big, rowdy group down here. I'm sure there are at least a few of us who could help you find your way.
I'm young, dumb and full of .. fun. I'd be happy to help you see some boobies in Ft. Lauderdale, get an airboat ride, possibly check out the beaches/everglades in a light plane, etc etc.. I bet a pre-5erfest Florida gathering could be arranged as well.
G'day Joe, thanks very much for the offer to show me around. That would be truly fantastic if it can happen. I've basically got Georgia & Chicago fully sorted out now. In Georgia I've got Steve Haygood, Brian Scroggins, Kevin Chinn & Shawn D to call upon. In Chicago, Adam Wilson has very kindly agreed to take delivery of my strut braces from John Mason for me and offered to take me for a horror ride in his awesome E12 M535i :D but I'm still without anyone to see in Florida.

Time permitting I'm really looking to try to get down to Key West simply because I want to drive out along that raised highway that goes out between the islands. An airboat ride ranks up there extremely high too, so if you know somewhere where that can be done then I'm all over it!

Would you be willing to PM your contact details so I can give you a call when I'm at least in the same State?

Cheers,

Dean
Looking forward to meeting you in Atlanta on May 12th... if we're still getting together!

Josh
DRP535
Posts: 3636
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Dullsville, WA, Australia

Post by DRP535 »

I'm coming along to the Microcar Museum trip on the Saturday being organised by Shawn D. It's a local CCA chapter meeting I think? I would assume I'll be seeing you there.
Brian in TN
Posts: 4615
Joined: Feb 12, 2006

Post by Brian in TN »

Dean. Any idea what day you might hit Chattanooga TN? Im sure plans will/have/may change for your trip.
JoshInAtlanta
Posts: 4434
Joined: Apr 22, 2006
Location: Holly Springs, GA

Post by JoshInAtlanta »

DRP535 wrote:I'm coming along to the Microcar Museum trip on the Saturday being organised by Shawn D. It's a local CCA chapter meeting I think? I would assume I'll be seeing you there.
Believe it or not... I'm not a CCA member... yet, but Shawn has a group of local folks who are getting together Saturday night. I am planning on leaving work a little early to get across town.
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 22376
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Contact:

Post by Shawn D. »

JoshInAtlanta wrote:
DRP535 wrote:I'm coming along to the Microcar Museum trip on the Saturday being organised by Shawn D. It's a local CCA chapter meeting I think? I would assume I'll be seeing you there.
Believe it or not... I'm not a CCA member... yet, but Shawn has a group of local folks who are getting together Saturday night. I am planning on leaving work a little early to get across town.
The only organizing I'm doing with the Microcar Museum trip is getting Dean's ass there! ;) The plan is to do the museum, get back and freshen up, then head to our gathering that night.
JoshInAtlanta
Posts: 4434
Joined: Apr 22, 2006
Location: Holly Springs, GA

Post by JoshInAtlanta »

Shawn D. wrote:
JoshInAtlanta wrote:
DRP535 wrote:I'm coming along to the Microcar Museum trip on the Saturday being organised by Shawn D. It's a local CCA chapter meeting I think? I would assume I'll be seeing you there.
Believe it or not... I'm not a CCA member... yet, but Shawn has a group of local folks who are getting together Saturday night. I am planning on leaving work a little early to get across town.
The only organizing I'm doing with the Microcar Museum trip is getting Dean's ass there! ;) The plan is to do the museum, get back and freshen up, then head to our gathering that night.
I'm thinking soon might be a good time to join the CCA. Anyway, I am looking forward to meeting both of you in a couple weeks!
DRP535
Posts: 3636
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Dullsville, WA, Australia

Post by DRP535 »

JoshInAtlanta wrote:
DRP535 wrote:I'm coming along to the Microcar Museum trip on the Saturday being organised by Shawn D. It's a local CCA chapter meeting I think? I would assume I'll be seeing you there.
Believe it or not... I'm not a CCA member
Yeah I don't think that's too much of a drama actually. I'm not a CCA member either!! ;) I was making a booking with the very hawt sounding Mary-Beth for a tour of the BMW Spartanburg factory on Friday May 11 and she asked me am I member of the BMWCCA. I said no, unless the A in CCA stands for Australia. She said, yeah that's close enough and gave me the discount!
DRP535
Posts: 3636
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Dullsville, WA, Australia

Post by DRP535 »

Brian in TN wrote:Dean. Any idea what day you might hit Chattanooga TN? Im sure plans will/have/may change for your trip.
I have loose plans to be making my way up from Florida to sunny Georgia on Thursday May 10. First stop is Steve Haygood to pick up some parts. Second stop is Kevin Chinn for the same thing. Then on to Shawn D. Friday I have to cruise over to Spartanburg for the tour, Saturday is the Microcar Museum with the CCA and I fly out for Chicago on the Sunday afternoon. I have to squeeze a visit into Chattanooga somewhere in there as well somehow. At this stage I'm not sure when that will be.
Post Reply