Justin_FL wrote:Yeah, you actually made my point more than anything! You have Jeremy and I think Mike Skeen hanging out the sunroof in the first picture, plus another guy leaning on the back corner of your car!
Yeah; well,
I didn't compose that shot!
The second picture is much better and might take to some cropping.
I s'pose the corner workers might not mind having a tree mysteriously fall in front of 'em. Or maybe we could Photoshop a rapt expression onto Jeremy so it doesn't look as much like he's counting his shoelaces.
I liked these two mostly because of the attitude of the car and, frankly, until you pointed it out, I'd never noticed I had 'passengers' in that first one. I know I never saw the 'lounger'. The second one, with the few stickons and the number in the window make clear what was going on and I think I like it better for that reason. It has some other things I'd probably edit out if I were trying to make it 'perfect'. There's a cable to my temp sensor hanging under the airdam. There are tape/adhesive scraps in my windshield from racetrack parking passes. There are white shoulder markers on my tire (I use them!). One could even wipe the stickers from the fenders with a few color grafts, but then it isn't 'real'. All these things make it a competition action shot and I think it's a good one.
Of course, I'm a big racing fan and participant. I've got an SCCA calendar hanging next to my desk and virtually all of the shots in it show similar 'errors' of composition or background (January has a BMW 'impaled' in the roof by a Sunoco arrow!), but that's how competition shots must be made. They can't be posed. If it's purely a beauty contest, then I agree with you and Da Red Dog would never make even the first cut. But if the consensus is that we'd like to see E28s doing
all the things they do so well, then this (or something like it) would be my pick - for at least
one lousy month of the year.
