would these body kits work on an e28?

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
Brad D.
Posts: 10735
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:

Post by Brad D. »

I agree with Chris. If you can't fabricate and make mods to the e34 bumpers it's going to look like a warmed up dog turd. You will also have to deal with how to close up the gap where the e34 exhaust exits on the left side of the bumper and make a center opening for the e28's exhaust. Hopefully it will look better than the pic of the e34 bumpered car that someone posted in eye candy. Id done right it can look good, but it can also look really bad if not executed well.
Roberto
Posts: 665
Joined: Oct 04, 2008
Location: Thornton, PA

Post by Roberto »

Im gonna try it, if it fails ill just put it back to the US bumpers and hope for some euros
mooseheadm5
Posts: 23035
Joined: Apr 08, 2009
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Contact:

Post by mooseheadm5 »

You know what they say, hope in one hand...

Why hope for euro bumpers? There are people here that import and sell them.
wkohler
Posts: 50941
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

Well, people hoped for change, too.
Brad D.
Posts: 10735
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:

Post by Brad D. »

wkohler wrote:Well, people hoped for change, too.
:rofl:
ldsbeaker
Posts: 6134
Joined: Mar 25, 2007
Location: Slicktop City, AZ
Contact:

Post by ldsbeaker »

wkohler wrote:Well, people hoped for change, too.
BURN!!
Roberto
Posts: 665
Joined: Oct 04, 2008
Location: Thornton, PA

Post by Roberto »

mooseheadm5 wrote:You know what they say, hope in one hand...

Why hope for euro bumpers? There are people here that import and sell them.
$$=something I don't have

I went to the junk yard today, let me tell you philly junkyards are extensive...anyway, i found a red e34 with back bumper but it didnt have the black trim around it so that wasnt good, plus the car had no wheels, so it was flat on the ground and impossible to jack. I ended up finding an e28 tho, a black 535i and snagged a new shift knob and a tag. Hopefully I will find more stuff next time!
LandCruzer94
Posts: 2043
Joined: Jan 24, 2009
Location: Simi Valley, California

Post by LandCruzer94 »

wkohler wrote:Well, people hoped for change, too.
ROFL
LandCruzer94
Posts: 2043
Joined: Jan 24, 2009
Location: Simi Valley, California

Post by LandCruzer94 »

Roberto wrote:
mooseheadm5 wrote:$$=something I don't have
I hate to say it, but every time I've gone into a project with that mentality I've regretted the result. I have a feeling this would be one of those projects.
Kyle in NO
Posts: 17638
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Nasty Orleans------> Batten-Rooehjch------>More Souther LA

Post by Kyle in NO »

What the hell is with kids these days? Hacking on a set of E34 bumpers isn't going to do anything for your car's value, and its gonna look like shit. Why do people want to make their cars look uglier than they already are? Spend the weekends that you'd be undertaking this silly project by drinking instead.
wkohler
Posts: 50941
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

Hey, nothing beats the guy who put Mk3 Jetta bumpers on his 535is. He was broken down and I offered a hand, but he said, "oh, it's fine." I said, "I guess so."
Lucas_Roehr
Posts: 1139
Joined: Nov 06, 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA

Post by Lucas_Roehr »

There are some great mods here. I really feel this board can benefit from this website.

http://thereifixedit.com/tag/car/

Sickest mods ever!

Image

Image
LandCruzer94
Posts: 2043
Joined: Jan 24, 2009
Location: Simi Valley, California

Post by LandCruzer94 »

haha good stuff... I love the airplane wheel mini-spare
Post Reply