Page 2 of 2

Posted: Jun 13, 2012 1:57 PM
by E34M50
Got it. Will check as soon as I get the car back from the bodyshop. Will search for 3.46 somewhere here. Thanks!

Posted: Jun 13, 2012 7:48 PM
by B7Turbo
m-racer wrote:
AJ wrote:I just recently went from 3.25 to 3.73, and I love driving the e28 a lot more :D
I am with you. Mine is a Blanton built 3.73 with 25% lock up and it is in my opinion the best performance diff without going too far. Not all that buzzy at 80 and wakes it up in the lower gears.
Tim I agree, I have LSD 3:73 on my e28 S54 with 6 speeds, and it is magic, unbelievable pick up and top end, :shock: I like the combination very much, Also I have LSD 3:73 (factory) on my B10 and B11 Alpinas.

Posted: Jun 13, 2012 7:54 PM
by alpinewhite
Dude.. contact 87royal, he may still have a spare S3.64; you cannot go wrong with that ratio!

Posted: Jun 14, 2012 5:59 PM
by E34M50
alpinewhite wrote:Dude.. contact 87royal, he may still have a spare S3.64; you cannot go wrong with that ratio!
will do. thanks!

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 8:40 AM
by thespeedfactory
Kenny Blankenship wrote:
thespeedfactory wrote:4.27 LSD :heehee:
Actually, it's 4.45 LSD...
Actually its not. I had a 4.27 LSD in my E34 drag car.

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 2:30 PM
by Kenny Blankenship
Your car may have a 4.27 LSD, but there is a 4.45 available. I have heard of that ratio on E30 M3s.

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 6:23 PM
by m-racer
Kenny Blankenship wrote:Your car may have a 4.27 LSD, but there is a 4.45 available. I have heard of that ratio on E30 M3s.
The stock diff on an E30 M3 is 4.10. You are correct about the 4.45. I bought the 4.45 for my former E30 M3 race car from Korman. Cannot imagine that diff in an E28. I tried a 4.10 with 40% lock up in mine and I hated it.

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 6:50 PM
by 1st 5er
Pulled, along with my 13 year old grandsons' help, the S3.73
from one of our E30 parts cars, the one that recently came from Dallas,
for transplanting into the E28 ///M5, so it will be equipped the way they were produced and sold in Europe
(or so I've been told).

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 9:54 PM
by Jeremy
The ratio is correct, Sherman, the only difference will be that the Euro M5 had a big case 3.73 and yours will be a medium case 3.73.

Posted: Jun 15, 2012 11:31 PM
by 1st 5er
The 3.91 will stay on the shelf, just in case.