My e28 parts stash head count!

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
MicahO
Posts: 2489
Joined: Jan 07, 2010
Location: Warwick, NY

Post by MicahO »

cvillebimmer wrote:This thread is awesome, now I know exactly who to hit up for parts.
The second level of awesomeness is that I can point to this thread and tell the wife, "See? I do NOT have a problem!"

Keep it up guys!
rmiddendorf
Posts: 5568
Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Post by rmiddendorf »

MicahO wrote:
cvillebimmer wrote:This thread is awesome, now I know exactly who to hit up for parts.
The second level of awesomeness is that I can point to this thread and tell the wife, "See? I do NOT have a problem!"

Keep it up guys!
I just need to point to most of ya'll sig lines. "See? I only have one vintage BMW!"
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 9140
Joined: Apr 13, 2006
Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Contact:

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

trmcatee wrote:And that, LJ, is why you are my parts guy. Thanks for the steering box!! Much needed improvement. By the way, those are not very much fun to install.
Touche!
davintosh wrote:Hi LJ!

My stash isn't comprised of items as large as all that, but the parts head count got out of hand a long time ago. Just ask my wife. On second thought, don't even bring it up with her. Please?
When asked where do I get my parts I politely respond, "I dont buy parts I buy cars for parts".
bhopp wrote:Looks like some of us are more than prepared to keep their e28s running even after a world apocalypse.
And they they Y2K was going to be the end. :rofl:

cvillebimmer wrote:This thread is awesome, now I know exactly who to hit up for parts.
My thoughts EXACTLY!!!
M. Holtmeier
Posts: 3055
Joined: Mar 11, 2007
Location: Josephine, Texas

Post by M. Holtmeier »

LJ, you have taken into account the 2 heads, longblock, intake manifold and engine harness you have at the shop, right?

:laugh:
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 9140
Joined: Apr 13, 2006
Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Contact:

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

M. Holtmeier wrote:LJ, you have taken into account the 2 heads, longblock, intake manifold and engine harness you have at the shop, right?

:laugh:
oooops :oops:
Forgot about those.
slammin_e28
Posts: 6140
Joined: Aug 05, 2007
Location: 24477

Post by slammin_e28 »

Man, I thought I had a lot of shit....well, yeah, I do. Most of my stash is just shit. M20 timing covers, etc.

I do have a complete M90 head (may go on the 633Csi) and a few few Euro parts. Lotsa ECUs. A few M20 blocks, heads, etc, etc.
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

slammin_e28 wrote:Man, I thought I had a lot of shit....well, yeah, I do. Most of my stash is just shit. M20 timing covers, etc.

I do have a complete M90 head (may go on the 633Csi) and a few few Euro parts. Lotsa ECUs. A few M20 blocks, heads, etc, etc.
lol I think mine is that way too!
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

Would somebody kill this thread please?
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 9140
Joined: Apr 13, 2006
Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Contact:

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

1st 5er wrote:Would somebody kill this thread please?
Come on now, this thread & e28 parts are like Bebe's kids.

We dont die, we MULITIPLY!

Image
skip535i
Posts: 5186
Joined: Oct 26, 2006
Location: Lynchburg, VA

Post by skip535i »

Holy cow, ya'll have SERIOUS issues. Do you at least store this stuff away from your living spaces? Man, I thought I had a problem with a few sets of wheels and random little parts in a storage room in my basement. Phew.

I love this thread though, it lets everyone know who to call for parts! :cool:
1st 5er
Posts: 21966
Joined: Jun 13, 2008
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Post by 1st 5er »

Nebraska_e28 wrote:
1st 5er wrote:Would somebody kill this thread please?
Come on now, this thread & e28 parts are like Bebe's kids.

We dont die, we MULITIPLY!

Image
That's what she keeps sayin'.
oldskool
Posts: 12001
Joined: Jul 13, 2008
Location: coastal north carolina
Contact:

Post by oldskool »

I'm willing to bet there have been multiple PM's sent regarding these parts lists already. I've had to stop myself even.
Mike W.
Posts: 27986
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: California Whine Country

Post by Mike W. »

oldskool wrote:I'm willing to bet there have been multiple PM's sent regarding these parts lists already. I've had to stop myself even.
Yes there have, but as you may have noticed, condition is not listed. :laugh: Perhaps I'm the only one without everything in A1 condition, but maybe not. :laugh:
Jeremy
Beamter
Beamter
Posts: 15846
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Connecticut

Post by Jeremy »

None in my Inbox, and a good portion of my "extras" are for sale!
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

skip535i wrote:Holy cow, ya'll have SERIOUS issues. Do you at least store this stuff away from your living spaces? Man, I thought I had a problem with a few sets of wheels and random little parts in a storage room in my basement. Phew.

I love this thread though, it lets everyone know who to call for parts! :cool:
Before my storage unit I used to have steering wheels hanging on the walls, lights on shelves, closets full of body panels and airdams, and above our kitchen cabinets were wheels and tires, larger engine parts, and some interior stuff.

Had an airdam hanging in our master bedroom closet for the longest. My big red garage tool box was there for the longest too.

Still have a sport steering wheel in the closet with the HVAC unit, shocks, springs, and full suspension refresh bushings and such in the living room coat closet. Under the coats hides my 2.5ton aluminum racing jack (and the exhaust parts before I installed them :D ). Also in that closet has my e30 and e28 assorted schematics binders, as well as my Bentley and service record binders for our etas.

Awaiting on our kitchen table is a power steering pump, a taillight, a cluster housing, and a Hella headlamp.
skip535i
Posts: 5186
Joined: Oct 26, 2006
Location: Lynchburg, VA

Post by skip535i »

shagrath wrote:
skip535i wrote:Holy cow, ya'll have SERIOUS issues. Do you at least store this stuff away from your living spaces? Man, I thought I had a problem with a few sets of wheels and random little parts in a storage room in my basement. Phew.

I love this thread though, it lets everyone know who to call for parts! :cool:
Before my storage unit I used to have steering wheels hanging on the walls, lights on shelves, closets full of body panels and airdams, and above our kitchen cabinets were wheels and tires, larger engine parts, and some interior stuff.

Had an airdam hanging in our master bedroom closet for the longest. My big red garage tool box was there for the longest too.

Still have a sport steering wheel in the closet with the HVAC unit, shocks, springs, and full suspension refresh bushings and such in the living room coat closet. Under the coats hides my 2.5ton aluminum racing jack (and the exhaust parts before I installed them :D ). Also in that closet has my e30 and e28 assorted schematics binders, as well as my Bentley and service record binders for our etas.

Awaiting on our kitchen table is a power steering pump, a taillight, a cluster housing, and a Hella headlamp.
You sound serious....and that's scary! Lindsey must be a very patient woman.
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

She's a car junkie like me. Her dream is a 68 Camaro. She also understands that in order to keep things cheap, I do the work on the cars. She knows to keep old cars running, we need parts. Also she knows we have no garage...

...gotta keep the parts somewhere. ;)
MonkeyMan
Posts: 18
Joined: Dec 19, 2011
Location: North Haven, CT

Post by MonkeyMan »

For what it's worth, I have exactly 1 shiny red wrecked '88 535is in my garage ... half filled with parts from AHAB's garage.

Yes, he does have a problem.
shagrath
Posts: 14980
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace

Post by shagrath »

Here ya go skip:

Image

Image

This is better than it used to be. :cool:
SD45T-2

Post by SD45T-2 »

Oh ya i wanna get in this.

(1) E24 hood
(1) e24 R fender
(1) e24 NOSE cone
(3) M60 Mann filters
(1) M50 Mann filters
(1) Aftermarket catback m30 exhooassed
(1) M30 Mann filter
(4) borbet 15x7's
(1) mahle airfilter m30
(1) late fine spine steering colum
(1) m30 manifold
(5) misc e34 headlight bulbs
(1) m tech metic 415 wheel/tire
(1) Sport wheel Fine spine
(2) BBS Style 5 16x8
(1) m60 serp belt
(1) m60 ac belt
(1) m60 lower radiator hose
(1) pair of e28 m tech springs
(1) set billstien sports
(1) fuel sender unit
(2) set of Fine spine steering wheel covers
(1) turn signal stalk.relay
(2) cruise control stalks
(2) windshield wiper stalks
(1) e28 defrost rear window.
(2) B34 heads
(2) b34 valve covers
(1) b34 stock airbox
(1) e24 b35 airbox
(1) non clock euro ac pannel
(1) fine spine igntion switch
(1) euro wiper arm
(5) e28 window regulators
(5) e28 window motors
(1) e24 trunk set
(4) potezna tires
(1) style 5 15'' centercap
(2) eta springs front
(1) 150 ecu
(1) 059 ecu
(1) center con-soil pearl beige
Post Reply