E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
Blue Shadow
Posts: 10534 Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: SE PA
Post
by Blue Shadow » Mar 20, 2013 8:43 PM
ASLAN wrote: sorry blue shadow, but are you being serious?
Absolutely
shagrath
Posts: 14980 Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace
Post
by shagrath » Mar 21, 2013 7:52 AM
I dunno about all. Mine doesn't.
Durden
Posts: 217 Joined: Jan 10, 2012
Location: Louisville, KY
Post
by Durden » Mar 21, 2013 9:24 AM
Mine absolutely sags on the rear drivers side. When I do my subframe bushings/differential change-out I'll measure and report back.
I can't imagine that BMW would've allowed an issue like this on their new vehicles....surely that cannot be right.
ASLAN
Posts: 156 Joined: May 15, 2010
Location: san francisco
Post
by ASLAN » Mar 21, 2013 6:35 PM
i replaced my rear sub bushings, dog bones and diff mount. the only thing left is the swing arm bushings..........
Bimmerguy2002
Posts: 11973 Joined: Oct 03, 2007
Location: Lodi, California
Post
by Bimmerguy2002 » Mar 21, 2013 6:45 PM
ASLAN wrote: i replaced my rear sub bushings, dog bones and diff mount. the only thing left is the swing arm bushings..........
Thats not the issue, you do realize its a mounting point on the actual chassis issue right?
Jeremy
Beamter
Posts: 15846 Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Post
by Jeremy » Mar 21, 2013 6:55 PM
Dude. Seriously. Just raise the spring perch one notch on that side.
Boom. Done.
ASLAN
Posts: 156 Joined: May 15, 2010
Location: san francisco
Post
by ASLAN » Mar 22, 2013 5:45 AM
yeah i know, i guess i was just trying to put everything out there. i replaced those many moons ago. I had an extra swing arm lying around so i decided to swap it out today. Yes, i didnt think this would do anything but i thought it was worth the try. Obviously it still sags. I will be changing the perch tomorrow once its light. i guess i give up.......
shagrath
Posts: 14980 Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: pLace
Post
by shagrath » Mar 22, 2013 7:41 AM
Are there pics of this car we can see from a flat ground?