Page 2 of 2

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 4:43 PM
by ahab
WilNJ wrote:Theoretically, they could have a very low mark up on E9X parts that will turn over quickly.

E28 parts might sit for years.
And actually last for years too, unlike E9X parts which are designed to fail in order to support more sales!

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 6:12 PM
by nnarth212
Price comparison completed this morning:

Remodeled from portable trailers-to-showroom dealership (10 years ago?) having replaced the old timer parts guys with (1st) young men and (now) young women:

Concord BMW (middle of no-where, CA) price: $22.32

VS.

Old air-hanger dealership, Weatherford BMW, Berkeley, still staffed with Guy who has been there for 10 years price: $10.97

List: 6.00

Posted: Jan 21, 2012 2:40 PM
by WilNJ
ahab wrote:And actually last for years too, unlike E9X parts which are designed to fail in order to support more sales!
That works great for a company too, have you been by your local IH dealer to check out the 2012 Scout?

Posted: Jan 21, 2012 2:59 PM
by BDK
I have been using my local Dealership for 4 years now.
In the beginning it was list pricing, then one day I took in a list of parts that I had priced at Tischer BMW.
I showed them what I could buy them for via the Internet.
They then offered me better pricing, take it, this was over a 6 mos period and I had built a nice relationship with the Parts Manager and his number2.
I pretty much get all my parts from them, most of the time I get good pricing, I don't nickel and dime them on the little stuff and they can't always beat Tischer but most of the time they do a good job. They also know that I am an informed customer and an enthusiast and prefer OEM parts.
The Service Manager who hooked me up on the ZHP DME upgrade has made a new friend too, so right now Germain BMW is pretty thumbs up in my view.

Posted: Jan 21, 2012 3:59 PM
by bwenham
Think BMW's stealerships are bad?

The Fairfax, VA Volvo dealership wanted $94 for 20 lug bolts. That's $4.70 a bolt :-/
Service guy "Well you can't put a price on safety."
Me "Yeah I can't, but you just did."

Combined that with the other horrible experience I've had there, they will NEVER see my money.

Posted: Jan 21, 2012 4:23 PM
by Mike W.
bwenham wrote:Think BMW's stealerships are bad?

The Fairfax, VA Volvo dealership wanted $94 for 20 lug bolts. That's $4.70 a bolt :-/
Service guy "Well you can't put a price on safety."
Me "Yeah I can't, but you just did."

Combined that with the other horrible experience I've had there, they will NEVER see my money.
I bet my local dealer wants more than that for wheel lugs.