Posted: Jan 12, 2012 5:17 PM
Agreed!Duke wrote: Looks damn nice too.
BMW E28 5 Series Enthusiast Community
https://forums.mye28.com/
Agreed!Duke wrote: Looks damn nice too.
That's no lie. Just at idle and reving it, it sounds different from the 600 and 700 CFM carbs I had on it. It is much crisper and responsive. Can't wait till the roads clear.Ken H. wrote:Goose the throttle and it probably sounds like a boar hog in rut
Kyle and Ali mentioned the Demon carbs, not me.Duke wrote:The Ultra HP is notably lighter too. Per Jeremy's comment, I found out today that Holley bought out Demon and thus all the advances are in this carb.
You're finally learning!Some street slicks and I should be in the mid 11's.
Oooops, thanks for the clarification.Jeremy wrote:Kyle and Ali mentioned the Demon carbs, not me.
No, there should not be any front to back movement. I would have has fan to radiator contact if there is any. I only have ~1/4" from fan to radiator.Jeremy wrote:Any concern with that rear bowl being so close to the cowl? Hopefully the motor doesn't shift back on acceleration at all, looks like you have half an inch or less of clearance there.

X3KillerPM wrote:Agreed!Duke wrote: Looks damn nice too.
Nope - out of the box it is 70 on all four comers. The 700 CFM I just removed had 69 primary, 78 Secondary. I reduced them to 66 and 75. It is interesting to note that that 700 CFM carb had five versions jetted from 66-69 primaries and 71-78 secondaries.Mark 88/M5 Houston wrote:Looks very serious there sir. Where did you start with the jetting? Did you go off what was in the last installed Holly?
Engine has to come out to fix rear main.......headers can only come off with engine out. Warranty is up March 2013. No way in hell I am going to pull the engine just to get the headers recoated after dyno time. Will make sure there is plenty of airflow over the engine when it is on the dyno. The engine dyno killed the coating, had no fan on the engine.mooseheadm5 wrote:Do the dyno tuning before you recoat the headers.


Rear main gets replaced next month (requires engine removal), once it stops needing a drip pan I will take it for dyno tuning.mooseheadm5 wrote:When does it hit the rollers?
HELL NO!mooseheadm5 wrote:How about the MM dyno method? I have a G tech you can borrow.
Duke, how did you get ur butt to spin @ 5856 rpm?Duke wrote:Oh yea........my butt-dyno indicates 598.3 HP @ 5856 RPM.
Practicing for Hula Hoop competitions?Ken H. wrote:Duke, how did you get ur butt to spin @ 5856 rpm?Duke wrote:Oh yea........my butt-dyno indicates 598.3 HP @ 5856 RPM.
5 spd? That rig could use 2 OD gears. Cruise at 90 turning 1200 rpm ,30 mpgDuke wrote:Drove the Tiger 540 miles today to Fort Campbell. The new carb is yielding a whopping 15.3 MPG.
Cant really blame it all on the carb as running 75 mph takes 3500 rpm.
Need a 5 speed OD!
I can tell ya, going from 70 to ~110 takes about four seconds at full throttle
6 Speed would be sweet. Drive was good, nothing interesting to report. Hard Top is on car. It is quieter and has better visability than the soft top.a wrote: 5 spd? That rig could use 2 OD gears. Cruise at 90 turning 1200 rpm ,30 mpgBut seriously , How was the drive? Do you have a hard top ?

I was going to compliment it as well but I didn't want to encourage more photos, dancing bananas or general melee.Das_Prachtstraße wrote:And it looks better.