5erWest 2011 -July 23rd- Gladstone, OR

Talk about BMW E28s and the people who own them. Use Tech Talk for tech questions and topics.
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

skaper wrote:Where all the photos from this event?
I'll start assembling a photo thread tomorrow. ;)
Kenny Blankenship
Posts: 4942
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: NNV

Post by Kenny Blankenship »

Just got back from a great time in the Northwest. Loved getting together with old friends and meeting new ones. The caravan up to Gladstone was fun (aren't you glad I had my portable tire inflator?). THREE flat tires? Really?

There seemed to be an usually high number of CHP and OHP on the roads...the states are looking for revenue!

Vince, this is an interesting picture.

Image

My two folding chairs against the background of the Willamette River :)

Talk about coincidence...look at this picture. It's a picture of the caravan in Eugene, OR on our way to Fest West:

Image

See that Best Western hotel in the background? Pam made a reservation for us at that hotel for Sunday night the very day this picture was taken. Weird.
JBort
Posts: 1631
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Loomis, California

Post by JBort »

Kenny Blankenship wrote:Just got back from a great time in the Northwest. Loved getting together with old friends and meeting new ones. The caravan up to Gladstone was fun (aren't you glad I had my portable tire inflator?). THREE flat tires? Really?
Yea, I plugged all three of them!

Image
Image
"Free Plug" Waaaa!!!! :rofl: :rofl:
Last edited by JBort on Jul 27, 2011 8:42 PM, edited 1 time in total.
vinceg101
Posts: 5133
Joined: Jun 20, 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Post by vinceg101 »

JBort wrote:
Kenny Blankenship wrote:Just got back from a great time in the Northwest. Loved getting together with old friends and meeting new ones. The caravan up to Gladstone was fun (aren't you glad I had my portable tire inflator?). THREE flat tires? Really?
Yea, I plugged all three of them!

Image
You guys had a great pit crew vibe going, especially by the time we had to plug Kohler's Saturday afternoon.

Eric: I wanted to have a picture showing the venue and it's surroundings. I looked over and saw that view of the river framed by your chairs: perfect. Glad you got back okay. Will you be coming down to CMW on Saturday?
wkohler
Posts: 50939
Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Post by wkohler »

JBort wrote:
Kenny Blankenship wrote:Just got back from a great time in the Northwest. Loved getting together with old friends and meeting new ones. The caravan up to Gladstone was fun (aren't you glad I had my portable tire inflator?). THREE flat tires? Really?
Yea, I plugged all three of them!

Image
You're the man, Jay. My left rear tire hasn't list a pound of pressure.
Kenny Blankenship
Posts: 4942
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: NNV

Post by Kenny Blankenship »

JBort wrote:
Kenny Blankenship wrote:Just got back from a great time in the Northwest. Loved getting together with old friends and meeting new ones. The caravan up to Gladstone was fun (aren't you glad I had my portable tire inflator?). THREE flat tires? Really?
Yea, I plugged all three of them!

Image
I wish I had thrown a rod. Jay probably would have found another nice Euro M30 engine and installed it on the side of the road.
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

I just sent out an email to everybody that registered requesting your favorite picture of your car (preferably from 5erWest) along with some other info. I'd like to put together a photo gallery of as many cars that were in attendance as possible.


5erWest is so much fun that I'm already making preparations for 2012. My biggest regret is that as the event coordinator, I feel like I don't get enough time to meet and talk to everybody, check out their cars. Let me tell you, I was SO blown away by how clean and well-maintained most of the cars were. It's nice to be surrounded by so many great folks that love these old 5ers as much as I do. As much as I loved the cars, my real joy was the time that I was able to spend making new friends.
jdualan
Posts: 150
Joined: Feb 13, 2011
Location: So San Francisco CA

this is for u eric...

Post by jdualan »

i forgot the e12s
Image
Kenny Blankenship
Posts: 4942
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: NNV

Re: this is for u eric...

Post by Kenny Blankenship »

jdualan wrote:i forgot the e12s
Image
THE WHAT? Disrespected yet again... :(
vinceg101
Posts: 5133
Joined: Jun 20, 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Post by vinceg101 »

Okay, here's the Photobucket link to the rest of the photos; enjoy:

http://s499.photobucket.com/albums/rr35 ... st%202011/
JBort
Posts: 1631
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Loomis, California

Post by JBort »

wkohler wrote:You're the man, Jay. My left rear tire hasn't list a pound of pressure.
On-the-car plug!
Image
JBort
Posts: 1631
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Loomis, California

Post by JBort »

Three Jay's!! (Well, 2-1/4 Jay's)! :rofl:
Image
Keith
Posts: 322
Joined: May 11, 2008
Location: Pleasanton,CA-SF/Bay Area
Contact:

Post by Keith »

JBort wrote:Three Jay's!! (Well, 2-1/4 Jay's)! :rofl:
Image
Now THAT is a Motley Crew.......! :rofl:

You are the MAN for tire pluggin, Jay, way to go! :alright:
Viv
Posts: 9
Joined: Jul 12, 2011
Location: Northern CA

Post by Viv »

Not to be excluded in all the fun, here are a few of the E39s enjoying our time at the 5erWest!


Image
Image
Last edited by Viv on Jul 28, 2011 11:19 PM, edited 1 time in total.
JBort
Posts: 1631
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Loomis, California

Post by JBort »

Viv wrote:Not to be excluded in all the fun, here are a few of the E39s enjoying our time at the 5erFest!
Nice to see "chick enthusiasts"!
(even if they don't drive) :rofl:

At least you know how to wash a car!
:alright:
Viv
Posts: 9
Joined: Jul 12, 2011
Location: Northern CA

Post by Viv »

JBort wrote: Nice to see "chick enthusiasts"!
(even if they don't drive) :rofl:

At least you know how to wash a car!
:alright:
Baaaaaaaa :poke:
It's all give-and-take! Sometimes I have to "let" someone else drive! :haul:
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

Viv wrote:Not to be excluded in all the fun, here are a few of the E39s enjoying our time at the 5erFest!
I'm sure you mean 5erWest. ;)
JBort
Posts: 1631
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Loomis, California

Post by JBort »

Jake D wrote:
Viv wrote:Not to be excluded in all the fun, here are a few of the E39s enjoying our time at the 5erFest!
I'm sure you mean 5erWest. ;)
(Yes, she did!)

Newbee! :oops:
Keith
Posts: 322
Joined: May 11, 2008
Location: Pleasanton,CA-SF/Bay Area
Contact:

Post by Keith »

What's an E39....? :rofl:
Viv
Posts: 9
Joined: Jul 12, 2011
Location: Northern CA

Post by Viv »

Keith wrote:What's an E39....? :rofl:
:roll: Jeez, not you too! :)

Did you get the picture we sent you from the restaurant? :beer:
Last edited by Viv on Jul 28, 2011 9:35 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Viv
Posts: 9
Joined: Jul 12, 2011
Location: Northern CA

Post by Viv »

Jake D wrote: I'm sure you mean 5erWest. ;)
I sure did! :cool:
Keith
Posts: 322
Joined: May 11, 2008
Location: Pleasanton,CA-SF/Bay Area
Contact:

Post by Keith »

Viv wrote:
Keith wrote:What's an E39....? :rofl:
:roll: Jeez, not you too! :)

Did you get the picture we sent you from the restaurant? :beer:
I'm just messin with ya. :heehee:

Yes I did, thank you.
On another note, some time in the next couple days, I will send you the pictures of RR museum
jay
Posts: 983
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Beaverton, Or

Post by jay »

JBort wrote:Three Jay's!! (Well, 2-1/4 Jay's)! :rofl:
Image
Fricken hilarious! We almost had a complete J crew in the house!
SC David
Posts: 8
Joined: Jul 15, 2011
Location: Berkeley, CA
Contact:

Post by SC David »

I just got back last night with an additional 1700 miles on the car. What an awesome journey!

I'll be doing my best to make it to this event in coming years. It was for sure one of the best I've ever attended. Thank you Jake for taking the time to plan this. Here are some of the pictures I got. The rest can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidbush/

Image
5erWest 2011 by davidbushphoto.com, on Flickr

Image
5erWest 2011 by davidbushphoto.com, on Flickr

Image
5erWest 2011 by davidbushphoto.com, on Flickr

Image
5erWest 2011 by davidbushphoto.com, on Flickr

Image
5erWest 2011 by davidbushphoto.com, on Flickr

Winners!:
Image
5erWest 2011 by davidbushphoto.com, on Flickr

and:
Image
5erWest 2011 by davidbushphoto.com, on Flickr

Image
5erWest 2011 by davidbushphoto.com, on Flickr

Image
5erWest 2011 by davidbushphoto.com, on Flickr

Image
5erWest 2011 by davidbushphoto.com, on Flickr

Image
5erWest 2011 by davidbushphoto.com, on Flickr

And the uncharacteristic nature of the rest of our PNW trip...offroading, camping, and mountain biking:

Image
5erWest 2011 by davidbushphoto.com, on Flickr
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

Awesome photos, David!
vinceg101
Posts: 5133
Joined: Jun 20, 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Post by vinceg101 »

SC David wrote: Image
Image
5erWest 2011 by davidbushphoto.com, on Flickr
Excellent photos David; thanks for these two. I especially like the rolling shot you guys took. Was this one you took leaning out the window on the way back to Portland from Hood & Full Sail? I was wondering how they were going to turn out.
SC David
Posts: 8
Joined: Jul 15, 2011
Location: Berkeley, CA
Contact:

Post by SC David »

Thanks! Yeah, the rolling one was just before we split off from you. We were two lanes over, and the light was great, so I handed the camera to my friend, told him the settings to use, and he got some great ones. Then again, it's hard not to get a good shot of your 5.

EDIT: Your car made it onto an awesome photoblog: http://germaniron.com/
clangpap
Posts: 926
Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Location: Calgary Canada
Contact:

Post by clangpap »

vinceg101 wrote:/]Image[/url]
5erWest 2011 by davidbushphoto.com, on Flickr
Vince, this is such a beautiful photo of your car! New wallpaper on my laptop. :D

Nice to meet you last week.

Craig
vinceg101
Posts: 5133
Joined: Jun 20, 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Post by vinceg101 »

Likewise Craig.
I think you're right, this is definitely new wallpaper material.
Jake D
Posts: 2107
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Post by Jake D »

David, do you have more photos from Saturday???
Post Reply